What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

400 watt Dual Coco Ebb & Flow

Dual E&F Tubs with single rez ala DIY Cabinet Size Ebb & Flow filled with CocoCan Croutons and using CocoTek AB cubes.

Dual 400w MH/HPS fixture but only enough juice to run 1 at a time.

Supernatural Aqua nutes ...Terra caused the nute burn and def you see at the start.

Temps 61 F high 46 low

pH 5.8
ppm 700

Strain unknown. I received cuttings from another grower who got them from someone else. Also have 1 bagweed plant that I am actually hoping is male.

I almost killed the whole lot at the start when I took off for holiday with a fresh rez that I didn't test. I had accidently used Supernatural Terra at full strength instead of Aqua at half strength and burned the crap out of all the babies. I didn't help that we had a serious cold snap.

Less than a week later and everything is looking much better. I changed out the rez with the correct nutrients and at the right level (700 ppm). Temps are up to the upper 60's. I did lose the 4 smallest ones but in another week I should be able get a few clones taken and be able to set up a rotating harvest schedule of 4 every 2 weeks.

Quick update

I've been gone on holiday and just got back after two weeks. The garden was basically on autopilot whilst I was gone. I filled the res when I left and this is what I came back to. Still looking sickly but at least I found out which plants to clone if not only for vigors stake. I was also excited to see that the one bagseed plant turned out to be female.

Yes I know it's still a sloppy mess but it is the experimental ghetto hobby garden. The med garden setup is simpler and much more organized.

I took clones, topped off the nutes, and flipped the lights. Since this is two new strains for me I will be keeping a close eye on flowering times, etc.

G

Great setup! Can you post a further away picture? I am interested to see the height clearance in your c24. I've been thinking about ebb & flow for a while now. Thanks.

Not a C24

Not a C24

Unfortunately this is not a C24. I wish it was then I could move it to another circuit. Instead this a setup in a patient's closet in their flat. If there was more power available this space could be used to provide an outstanding perpetual harvest setup. There is space below the plywood shelf that could be split up for veg space including mothers and clones. The available grow space is about the same as 2 - C30's put together. When I take pics for the update I will try and backup a bit so you can see what I'm talking about.

-NC

Quick Update:

Despite the harsh conditions these ladies are actually doing ok. Temps range from freezing to around 85 F. I tried to get some close up of the flowers but either I'm too high or the cam won't focus well. The one bag seed plant is actually flowering faster than the others. Hopefully at least one of the clones I took from her will survive the cold.

Weak 3

Weak 3

Not a misspelling. I should have done more research before attempting coco but I'm learning loads as I go. The plants are starting to flower nicely and I might actually be figuring out this coco thing. I got hit with a bad case of mites and hopefully have it under control. The plants still look like shite compared to the other garden but at least they are going to produce.

Week 4

Week 4

Not looking too bad. Nutrients are still an issue but at least the mites are gone.
I don't think these will ever recover but they should give me enough to last til next time.

I only wish I had a better camera. I will probably go back to using Hydroton instead of coco the next round.

Week 7

Week 7

I need to batteries for the camera and tie wraps for the girls. Now that I've got the coco figured out the girls are falling over due to the weight. Stay tuned for an update...

Finished

Finished

I never got batteries for the camera. The good news is I ended up with 151 grams. Not too bad for all the problems I had. :woohoo: