What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ORPotGuy's First Diary of Ice.

G

Full scale harvest is underway. will post all the pics after I get it all done. either I stretched the plants. Or could be the training, but I ended up with popcorns all over the place instead of colas.

G

Harvest is nearly complete. The ladies are all choped down and out of the room. The last plant may have had a couple of days to go but the loss of a little was for the greater gain. This is not all the nugs at all. Just the ones I had laying around when I wasnt too high to take pictures.

This is the Tray pe harvest. Nothing at this point had been taken off.

What i took off to calm myself down. Still have that noob want to cut everything a week early. They were milky just not ambered much yet.

These two pictures are from the last couple of nights. Dont let thise pictures discourage you from growing this strain. I may have not have many colas. But everywhere you looked there were golf ball sized buds on the plants. Had I trimmed right for the training I was doing, the buds would ahve looked a whole lot different.

All in all I think i will yield around 2-3oz and a couple ounces of trim to process. My first goal has been attained I believe. I am now dealer free. My next harvest is only 5-6 weeks away and I have plenty of buds. Also have a source to trade buds so I dont get burnt out on the Ice.

Here is the girl in the center that received no training at all. It perfectly shows that if I had trimmed the right amount I would have had a huge cola.
At least now I know what to change.

Here is the ICE burg as I am calling it. The only really big bud I got this harvest. She was the top of the center plant.

Cant wait to run this girl again. So far the smoke is pretty much like everyone said. COUCH LOCK. We will see how its flavor matures. I will post up some pics od dry buds as well.

later OPG

darrinjefferson

nice lookin harvest ORPG....and there is nothing like the feeling of being dealer free.
that and smokin your own homegrown....mmmmmmm

my cab is on day 2 of flower......i should get a far amount as well.

cant wait for smoke report.

take it easy and very nice job

late

G

Woo! Looks like it's going to be good man, enjoy the fruits of your labor!

CONGRATS OPG! Nothing like it! Talk about cutting out the middle man and all the hassle and risk that goes along with them.

Now your gonna have to change your location to "a house with some buds". Kinda funny that your plants kicked you out of your bedroom. Usually it's the gf/wife. Do you have any mason jars yet? Might be time to visit a craft store.

talktosamson

Veteran
Yea, OPG's Ice really does kick your ass, but the cough is coming :) and thats what im really waiting for, he he he. Post some pics of the arcata when you get a chance, I need to see those little bitches

G

DJ- Sweet I am watching your thread. My Strawberry cough wont be far behind your room. I figure by next week I will have a pretty good feel for the bud make a nice smoke report.

JE- thanks for stopping by man.

OJ- Ahh the best part about it is my old middle man is still a good friend and just became legal as well. So now I just not paying him to rip bowls HA. Yeah kinda funny how that happened. I had already kicked the gf out. So with her out of the way the only girls left to boss me around where the bitches in the closet. Yeah I have a full complement of jars from previous harvest.

G

TTS I have pics of the arcata that I will be posting in my new thread. By sunday the ice should be nice and couch lock.

sugabear_II

Veteran
nice work orpotguy82!

how many days did she go? looks from the post dates to be around 60+ days?

thanks mine is coming along too - really leafy like yours - I keep trimming and trimming and she still looks all leafy - tends to push up fan leaves straight up - I'm following the bigfatj criteria for trimming which is "if it shades a bud site, it must go"...

suga

suga

G

Suga- let me know how that trimming style goes on the ice. Started full harvest on day 58 finished on 61. The last one may have had a couple of days left but ehh needed to keep on the rotation. Thanks for stopping by.