What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Alaskan's first diary (with pics)

NOKUY

Veteran
awesome man!....MJ plants can take quite a bit of abuse, (I def. try to avoid it)...but sounds like u may have gotten lucky.

G

hey thanks for stoppin by guys :wave: gives me some encouragement. I'll go take some pics of the girls today when the lights come back on. they should come on at 8pm:chin: . Hey you guys got any advice on some digital timers or something? i need a timer that can accurately turn my light on and off along with my fan and to operate my heater on a different schedule. whatchu think?
Nice to have u around UserName :wave: :joint:

See ya'll later :dueling: :joint: :joint:

OH btw i was going to check out the meteors last night but it was too cloudy!!! Any of ya'll see it?

Peace love and pot :joint: :joint: :joint:

G

update

update

Hey guys sorry on not updating for a while. 3 of them died, one lived, she is still in bud, just to see what will happen. the first of the 12 clones i took are starting to root (3 so far, just yesterday). That suprised me too lol because i used some bad water :pointlaug: and the leaves turned a brown color. oh well they are still livin. The 2 indis i got a while back are doing great and i lsted one of them, looks great, will do the other soon. I also got 9 other clones of supposedly 7 different strains :jawdrop: . about 4 sativa, 5 50/50. I will do some more topping and lsting once they are bigger. i cant wait to see which one will produce different bud!!! this may be exciting :woohoo: . I also created a little clone chamber with a 32 gall tote "durabilt". atm i have 3 42w cfl 2700 lumen bulbs in there(wal-Mart 9$ea), will have 6 soon. and as always i hope to have some pics soon. Take care guys.

Last edited:
G

Pics

Pics

I checked on the girl, thought she would need some water because havent watered her since gave her a bunch of warm water. enjoy the pics

This is a Clone/Veg chamber recently built

Inside shot

Right side shot :joint:

Top right side shot :yoinks:

Middle Shot:lurk:

Clone shot/1 strain/12/3 rooted 2 days ago!!!

these are some tange seeds from in town have them in some standing water until they sprout. :chin:

Finally, heres a pic of the girl who survived the ordeal. As you see shes lost alot.....:confused:

and again...

And here is an almost 100% indo strain that was topped then Lsted for maximum Growth :yummy:

Last edited:

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Good job

Good job

Congrats on the roots! Lookin' good AlaskanGro...way to stick with it brotha...good time for me to take a seat...this is inspirational man :lurk:

Happy Holidaze!

:wave:

NOKUY

Veteran
^^^^yeah no doubt!....way ta roll w/ the punches and not trow in the towell!!!

(Thats what Alaskans do tho!...w/ damn near everything!!!....aint that right????)

keep us posted man!
-yukon

G

Thanks alot guys!! have a stoned holidays man!! I'm happy bout the root action too VT. Hell yea yukon, thats how we do it up here, thats why we up here in the first place. don't know too many southerners who can live with -50F !! I'll keep you posted!! btw what do you guys think about the girl that barely lived? the pic aint that good but you can tell that she doesnt have any fan leaves and is very bare...what do you think of her? is it still going to produce bud?? i never seen a more sorry charlie brown cannabis plant...... And another question. I gave the clones a very dilute (1/3 strength) and the next day i noticed a bit of green slime on the rockwool. you can actually see it in the lower left hand in one of the pics. But i try not too leave my rockwool cubes drenched and i wait till they go almost dry to water. what do you think? thanks.

Happy holidaz
AGro

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
I just think the yield will be hurt...but I think you will get bud...not sure though....

>>Algal bloom.....not really harmful to the plants directly....problem with algal blooms is that they attract pests (especially fungus gnats as they love the algae it seems)....

You can cover the rockwool....algae needs light....no light = no algal bloom

peace

G

Update pics

Update pics

Hey guys. some new shots today, some of the clones are showing signs of deficiencies, hopefully the shots are good enuff so you guys can help identify whats wrong.

These are some very good looking sativas, they are growing alot and seem to llove to grow.

And now for the ones that need a bit of help.

this one seems to be a 50/50 sat/ind (or close too)

This one is really indica and it loves to grow also. it was topped early on in growth and then it was lsted as you can see in the first pic. there is another one that is growing really good like it but it doesnt show the sign of a burn or whatever on the top middle leaves. it kinda looks like a burn from the light but it's not, the light is always checked for radiant heat. but she looks great none the less.

This one is showing the most problems, there is another that looks like this one but not as far along in the yellowing.

All help is appreciated, and got real stoned so i forgot everything else i was gunna say.

AGro.

Last edited:

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Have you checked PH? I'm not a soil grower so I just cannot give advice...but in hydro it is what is checked first.....

The yellowing seems to be scattered....not uniform....when I've had deficiencies (been a while)...I have checked for two things

1. Uniformity
2. Is it progressive starting with lower growth

This helps narrow it down insofar as mobile nute deficiency or a immobile deficiency....

In hydro if PH is off it can appear to be a deficiency...and I would feed more (making the problem worse)...when it was PH....

I'm rambling lol...sorry bro.....hopefully someone can come lay down a good diagnosis (I cannot...honestly).....try the infirmary also....

As for your update...lookin' good! :yes:

peace

Last edited:

NOKUY

Veteran
Nice Agro! those first few look great to me!

...except those last cpl pics, I'm no expert on plant problems either, so I cant offer much advice there.

If you post those pics in the infirmary like VT said youll get some advice right away...you probably already know that.

do you know what strains they are?

green_grow

Veteran
i'm no veteran, but it looks like your plants have outgrown those tiny little square pots you have them in . transplant time .

G

-VT- thanks for the effort VT, i bought a ph test meter from my local hydro store but when i took it home i found out you do NOT place directly in water but instead have to mix your soil and water togethor to take a sample, any of you guys got an opinion on this kind? i personally think it sucks. And you are correct the yellowing is scattered (u never said mobile or immobile though), and ill have to get some pics over to the infirmary.Take care man

Yukon- hey bro hows it goin? Nahhh man i dont know what strains they are. all i know is that out of 9 clones i got they are supposed to be 7-8 different ones, and all i can tell is if they are sat or ind etc etc. when i start budding them i will try to distinguish between them and keep clones going of them all. Peace

Hey hows it goin green grower? nice to meet you and sound advice you have there. I got these girls from a guy and most already had the burn on leaves etc etc, so once i transplant them into bigger pots, better soil, once i start feeding them regularly. we will see what happens. thanks guys.

Oh btw any of you guys like my lst job on the indica?? i love how uniform it looks :D

AGro

SpacedCWBY

Veteran
Man, I tell ya. You guys up in the way up there really got me jealous. I've been trying to talk my wife into moving up there. No go - she says it's too cold and the dark/light thing would really mess her up. I see a divorce plan in the works...

Lookin' good!

As for your issues, check out this website. Found it posted somewhere on here. Not sure where. Tons of examples. I wish I had as much time to grow pot as the folks who write this stuff.

http://greenmanspage.com/guides/plant_abuse.html

Happy New Year all.

Spaced...

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
An example of a mobile deficiency is N... lower growth yellows uniformly...progressing from lower growth upwards....

An immobile deficiency would be one that is scattered and/or on newer growth....whenever I have had MG deficiencies in the past it was scattered and in patches and so forth....

I am sure you'll get plenty of help over in the infirmary....

It's a good thing you're running into problems.... :yes:

G

Thanks VT, i made a thread over in the infirmary, we will see what peeps say. I add a pinch or so of epsom salts to my 5 gallons water containers, but those girls haven't had that water yet. i actually havent watered some of them since i've had them, i'm lettin them go dry before i do so.

Hey there space cowboy, i hope you can convince the wife to moving up here, maybe you can convince her with some kind tourist cruise, get her to see what its all about. if you shop around you can find some good deals on stuff like that.
Stay spacey man! i'll check that link out thanks.

I bought i digi timier for my flower room and i checked on it yesterday ad the dumb fucking thing reset itself or somethin, piece of shit! :rant: :bat: im just going to go with an ordinary pull tab kind i suppose, cant have my light cycle goin to all hell. We will see about getting some really good pics in this weekend. hopefulyl i will be able to get some work into both my rooms, transplant some girls, start fert regimine. i really hope these plants will start looking up when i xplant them, i think they will. take care ya'll. oh btw someone please go look at my ice bong, no one has commented on it!!!!!

AGro

Latest posts

Latest posts