Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Soil > Seeds on plant?

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Seeds on plant? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-08-2019, 03:47 AM #1
00bladerunner

00bladerunner will become famous soon enough00bladerunner will become famous soon enough
Seeds on plant?

Hey there just had a quick question about finding seeds while trimming my bud.
I just harvested 13 plants, which consisted of 4 different strains.
I found a total of 8 super healthy looking seeds. 4 from 1 stain, and four from another strain, and none on the other 2 strains.
I found very little sign of any other seeds starting anywhere. Just seemed really strange to me that they were so healthy looking with no sign anywhere else.
And I've never had Male plants in my rooms or anywhere near them.
Anyone experience this before?
00bladerunner is offline Quote

Old 01-08-2019, 05:18 AM #2
Hookahhead

Hookahhead is just really niceHookahhead is just really niceHookahhead is just really niceHookahhead is just really niceHookahhead is just really niceHookahhead is just really niceHookahhead is just really niceHookahhead is just really nice
What strains were you running? There are 2 explanations I can think of. The most likely is that your plants threw a few bananas, as some strains are known to do. Sometimes these can be buried in the bud so you may only find a small cluster of seeds around that site. The other scenario is that you somehow sucked pollen in through your ventilation. It's more likely if live in a legal state, but it might be that one of your neighbors has a male hanging around. Either way you got pollen into your grow, that's the only way to get seeds. If they are healthy and mature, you know that the incident occurred at least 4-6 weeks before harvest.
Hookahhead is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-08-2019, 05:33 AM #3
Ibechillin

Ibechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookahhead View Post
The most likely is that your plants threw a few bananas, as some strains are known to do. Sometimes these can be buried in the bud so you may only find a small cluster of seeds around that site. If they are healthy and mature, you know that the incident occurred at least 4-6 weeks before harvest.
+1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Juice View Post
Contemplating how we living under Satan
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic82 View Post
Stoner science at its finest in here
The Science Of Grow Lighting (HPS, CMH, LED) & Photosynthesis Explained: (Sticky Thread)
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=358147

The Drying and Cure Process Explained In Depth, Information On Long Term Preservation: (Sticky Thread)
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=358186

Ibechillin is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-08-2019, 06:42 AM #4
JDubsocal

JDubsocal is on a distinguished road
It happened to me, but I did an outdoor grow. I got 12 seeds from an auto cheese, and 17 seeds from critical mass CBD. All that means for me is I don't have to pay for seeds on the next run. One thing to keep in mind is they are regular seeds. I replanted 6 of the autos for my winter bumper crop and 1 is male. Males are great for me because I will collect the pollen and cross breed my own autos and I thank all the contributing growers who have threads on how to store pollen.
JDubsocal is offline Quote

Old 01-09-2019, 06:18 AM #5
00bladerunner

00bladerunner will become famous soon enough00bladerunner will become famous soon enough
Hookahhead

My last batch was
Barneys Blue Cheese
Bruce Banner #3/Chiquita Banana
Blue Lime Pie
Angola Thai/Purple Hawaiian
Only found the seeds in the Angola and the Banner.
What causes these banana things?
And if it was from these banana things(which I need to research a little more), would the seeds likely be genetically the same as the original? I'm pretty sure it's not from any outside pollen, but u never really know for sure. To me....all the seeds I found look healthier then the originals. So I'll likely sprout some for a little experiment anyway.

Old 01-09-2019, 05:45 PM #6
Hookahhead

Hookahhead is just really niceHookahhead is just really niceHookahhead is just really niceHookahhead is just really niceHookahhead is just really niceHookahhead is just really niceHookahhead is just really niceHookahhead is just really nice
Sorry bananas is just slang for male flowers/pollen sacs. We call them bananas because they look like a little yellow banana. I'll try to find a picture for you later. Females that throw male flowers later in flowering are known as "intersex plants". If this is what occurred than your plants will be "s1" seed, or what we refer to as "selfed" since she pollinated herself. This type of seed will typically produce mostly females, that are often very similar to the mother plant. Many "good" plants have come about by people growing s1 seed, so it's definitely worth you germinating a few to see.

If you see a good number of males, it's more likely it was male pollen from elsewhere. In this scenario the seeds would be "regular".
Hookahhead is offline Quote

Old 01-09-2019, 09:49 PM #7
Ibechillin

Ibechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud of
There was a good discussion about intersex plants in this thread recently:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=358563

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonism View Post
I have seen hundreds of plants sprout "male" gear on female plants but on separate nodes away from a female flower. This would be called hermie all day in laymans terms, but it fits the description of being monoecious. I have seen a handful of plants that showed a site or two with staminate and pistillate parts on the Same node, its only anecdotal observation, but falls into the less than 1% of all cannabis being from an actual hermaphroditic population, so it may have some merit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibechillin View Post
You are correct if the plants are growing different sexual organs at separate nodes/flowers it would be monoecious and not hermaphroditic meaning male and female parts on the same node/flower. A quick search suggests cannabis can be dioecious monoecious or hermaphroditic, but the terminology has all been combined to just "hermie". I wonder if this is the difference between natural intersex expression and stress induced? Many plants produce pollen sacks hermaphroditicly through rodelization stress after the harvest window, leaving monoecious expression natural during plant life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Juice View Post
Contemplating how we living under Satan
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic82 View Post
Stoner science at its finest in here
The Science Of Grow Lighting (HPS, CMH, LED) & Photosynthesis Explained: (Sticky Thread)
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=358147

The Drying and Cure Process Explained In Depth, Information On Long Term Preservation: (Sticky Thread)
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=358186

Last edited by Ibechillin; 01-10-2019 at 12:55 PM..
Ibechillin is offline Quote

Old 01-10-2019, 01:28 AM #8
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant future
Another possibility is pollen from an outside source. If you HEPA filter your air, the pollen would have to be from hermi, or carried in by some one/thing. If you don't filter your air, well... pollen does travel.

I don't suppose you can think of any one specific time (at least 4 weeks ago), when you came in from outside and handled only those two plants?
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

Old 01-10-2019, 10:49 AM #9
00bladerunner

Oh yeah....I remember these banana things. I grew back about 10 years ago and remember talking about" nanners ". Which I didn't clew in to at the time, but I went back to my old posts and found it...what a burner. Anyway I didn't have any nanners on any plants this time, and I did a real good inspection. I'll repost the picture tomorrow for a reminder to those like me, who are still learning about these nanners.
Bed time

Old 01-10-2019, 01:31 PM #10
Snook

Snook has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsocal View Post
It happened to me, but I did an outdoor grow. I got 12 seeds from an auto cheese, and 17 seeds from critical mass CBD. All that means for me is I don't have to pay for seeds on the next run. One thing to keep in mind is they are regular seeds. I replanted 6 of the autos for my winter bumper crop and 1 is male. Males are great for me because I will collect the pollen and cross breed my own autos and I thank all the contributing growers who have threads on how to store pollen.
here's another way.
https://www.opengrow.com/topic/37645...s&fromsearch=1

Snook is offline Quote