What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NYCD

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Yes them was hard top colas not fluffy if I recall. It just seemed like the NYCD I had just would flower forever, 90 days is pushing it for me. And it wasn't really my favorite smoke/buzz. I was growing alot of OG Kush back in the 2000s mid to later parts and the NYCD just didn't match up. I bought a 5 or 6 pack of Soma fem Nycd and ended up having a couple seeds left I gave away. The cross Cronholic made was WAY better......and they were freebies + he was/is a friend and hooked me up really good. But like I said my grow/pics was around 06-08 or so, just say at least 10+ yrs ago. It would be hard to believe Soma hasn't changed something the last decade. Maybe just something small but probably something.....it's still a strain everybody should at least grow once in my book. I feel like the NYCD crosses are better. Cronholic made the best crosses with NYCD I've grew or smoked.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
The big fluffy tops remind me of the sativa looking leaners.
I seperated the seeds from those and the more indica grapefruit one.
There was some wild variation in the seeds. Annac F2's...hopefully less variation this time.

I'd heard some guys growing those back in the day I thought. Did you make some f2 or f3s of those?:tiphat:

Americangrower

Veteran
Yes them was hard top colas not fluffy if I recall. It just seemed like the NYCD I had just would flower forever, 90 days is pushing it for me. And it wasn't really my favorite smoke/buzz. I was growing alot of OG Kush back in the 2000s mid to later parts and the NYCD just didn't match up. I bought a 5 or 6 pack of Soma fem Nycd and ended up having a couple seeds left I gave away. The cross Cronholic made was WAY better......and they were freebies + he was/is a friend and hooked me up really good. But like I said my grow/pics was around 06-08 or so, just say at least 10+ yrs ago. It would be hard to believe Soma hasn't changed something the last decade. Maybe just something small but probably something.....it's still a strain everybody should at least grow once in my book. I feel like the NYCD crosses are better. Cronholic made the best crosses with NYCD I've grew or smoked.

I'm pretty sure Soma started making fems after he lost his 1st mom (grapefruit) his mom after was the (orange). Many say it's nowhere near as good as the original.

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Best luck positivity. I hope you find what you are seeking :)

I grew Somas NYCD two years ago. Lots of pics here, if interested
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=339432

P :smoke:

That is a very good thread for the NYCD,
shame more don't have it to flower as it can be
a pleasure to both grow and smoke.

Excellent training/cropping skills, awesome
branching.

My breeding project includes the NYCD x Sensi Star,
and two of the back cross currently in flower are pleasant
sour grapefruit, so cool.

cr0n

ICMag Donor
Veteran

Thanks for the kind words wv. Still flowering my cut now.

positivity

Veteran
I'd heard some guys growing those back in the day I thought. Did you make some f2 or f3s of those?:tiphat:

Made f3's I suppose. Will do again, hopefully more and better seeds than the first time
Nice shape to leaves so far. Looking like more wide leaf indica type which is what I was hoping for this bunch

picture.php

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I'm pretty sure Soma started making fems after he lost his 1st mom (grapefruit) his mom after was the (orange). Many say it's nowhere near as good as the original.

Yes they were the fems.....and I'll positive it was some of the first seeds that were fem that Soma put out. They came from Gypsy, been awhile though......like I was saying mid-later 2000s. And the plants were all similar to the ones I posted in pics. Honestly like I was saying the cross Cronholic made would absolutely make your mouth water. Anyway to remake the cross Cronholic lol......I've never smoked a tastier strain than that Russian Diesel ( NYcd x ak47) in my life. It had that strawberry cream soda/ faygo pop taste on exhale.....just crazy. But yes the NYCD I ran had the orangish taste. I'd say your right about Soma changing some things around. It's definitely a really good strain to grow, It was some good smoke too don't get me wrong. Everybody says the grapefruit pheno is much better. That's probably what Cron had....maybe he can confirm to be 100.

cr0n

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes they were the fems.....and I'll positive it was some of the first seeds that were fem that Soma put out. They came from Gypsy, been awhile though......like I was saying mid-later 2000s. And the plants were all similar to the ones I posted in pics. Honestly like I was saying the cross Cronholic made would absolutely make your mouth water. Anyway to remake the cross Cronholic lol......I've never smoked a tastier strain than that Russian Diesel ( NYcd x ak47) in my life. It had that strawberry cream soda/ faygo pop taste on exhale.....just crazy. But yes the NYCD I ran had the orangish taste. I'd say your right about Soma changing some things around. It's definitely a really good strain to grow, It was some good smoke too don't get me wrong. Everybody says the grapefruit pheno is much better. That's probably what Cron had....maybe he can confirm to be 100.

Mine is grapefruit, was male-female version of ncyd. It was before fem seeds were available. I have some Russian diesel seeds left, but the father is long dead. Germ rates would be likely poor.

I should do some s1s and see if they are the same as their mom.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Mine is grapefruit, was male-female version of ncyd. It was before fem seeds were available. I have some Russian diesel seeds left, but the father is long dead. Germ rates would be likely poor.

I should do some s1s and see if they are the same as their mom.

I had some Russian Diesels from yrs ago....but I tried to pop them along with alot of other stuff that I'd had and should have passed on but nothing popped. I was always impressed with the taste, and it had a good buzz too!!! I'm in the process of getting a small indoor grow going and should be starting soon!!! :tiphat:

positivity

Veteran
Nycd

250 eye blue working great. Everything looks and smells more than right

I urge everyone to check my Riu diyledgrow page for updates on bad marijuana characters.
Horticulture lighting group has been throwing around rape and molesting comments. Bunch of scum bags.
Stands by what you say.
Idiots.

picture.php