You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Soil > Inducing Pre-flowers

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Inducing Pre-flowers Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-07-2019, 02:58 AM #1
browntrout

browntrout is a glorious beacon of lightbrowntrout is a glorious beacon of lightbrowntrout is a glorious beacon of lightbrowntrout is a glorious beacon of lightbrowntrout is a glorious beacon of lightbrowntrout is a glorious beacon of lightbrowntrout is a glorious beacon of lightbrowntrout is a glorious beacon of lightbrowntrout is a glorious beacon of lightbrowntrout is a glorious beacon of lightbrowntrout is a glorious beacon of light
Inducing Pre-flowers

Wondering if there are any old SOG seedling growers out there.

I've never been in this situation before were I have a packed veg/flower room and clone/veg room, I wanna get the clones in with the seedlings in the veg/flower room but need to execute 30 or so males before I can do so.

Thus I am in situation where I need to sex some 1 month old seedlings so I can flower them off.

Does anyone know of a way to provoke/induce pre-flowers earlier or in a more pre-nounced way?

Only thing I can think of is dropping the light schedule.

Obviously time will tell but I'm curious as to any techniques out there for doing this.

Old 01-07-2019, 03:26 AM #2
nickman

nickman has much to be proud ofnickman has much to be proud ofnickman has much to be proud ofnickman has much to be proud ofnickman has much to be proud ofnickman has much to be proud ofnickman has much to be proud ofnickman has much to be proud ofnickman has much to be proud ofnickman has much to be proud ofnickman has much to be proud of
Yeah, I just ended up having to get rid of 5 plants that turned out to be males... they were vegged for at least 2 months and some change...

Usually my plants will show pre flowers after a month and half while vegging...
I really wanted those plants to be girls...

Only way I know is to put them into 12/12...!!!...

nickman is offline Quote

Old 01-07-2019, 03:38 AM #3
shawkmon
Pleasantly dissociated

shawkmon is a splendid one to beholdshawkmon is a splendid one to beholdshawkmon is a splendid one to beholdshawkmon is a splendid one to beholdshawkmon is a splendid one to beholdshawkmon is a splendid one to beholdshawkmon is a splendid one to beholdshawkmon is a splendid one to beholdshawkmon is a splendid one to beholdshawkmon is a splendid one to beholdshawkmon is a splendid one to behold
Knock a couple hours of light off

Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.
Henry David Thoreau
shawkmon is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-07-2019, 06:29 AM #4
MedResearcher

MedResearcher is just really niceMedResearcher is just really niceMedResearcher is just really niceMedResearcher is just really niceMedResearcher is just really niceMedResearcher is just really niceMedResearcher is just really niceMedResearcher is just really niceMedResearcher is just really niceMedResearcher is just really niceMedResearcher is just really nice
Can fell your pain, know it to well. Think that is the biggest drawback to doing larger seed populations indoors, running out of space, and everything else waiting to be able to kill the males.

The phylos testing, you can sex them at cotyledons. Supposedly its legal to no matter where you are located, since you are only shipping a smear of genetic information, not a plant.

Have seen friends, rushing to put seed starts out in Spring, stick the plants in a completely dark closet for a few days, to induce sexing quicker. Myself I never tried it, so I cant say with certainty, but I do feel like it has some merit.

Lastly, recently I had someone mention that Kelp may prolong sexing, as in if your waiting to sex, don't go nuts on the kelp. Myself I love kelp, so hard to stay away.

I feel like a lot of it is genetics, one cross will sex in 3 weeks, another takes 6.

Gl, and enjoy chopping the males and regaining some space!

Mr^^
MedResearcher is offline Quote

Old 01-07-2019, 06:49 AM #5
gorilla ganja

gorilla ganja is a glorious beacon of lightgorilla ganja is a glorious beacon of lightgorilla ganja is a glorious beacon of lightgorilla ganja is a glorious beacon of lightgorilla ganja is a glorious beacon of lightgorilla ganja is a glorious beacon of lightgorilla ganja is a glorious beacon of lightgorilla ganja is a glorious beacon of lightgorilla ganja is a glorious beacon of lightgorilla ganja is a glorious beacon of lightgorilla ganja is a glorious beacon of light
Not sure about inducing preflowers. I think they have to be a certain age before they will begin to show whether you drop the light hrs or not. At least 6 weeks with most strains.
Some strains will be more prone to hermis if induced before they are mature.
I always liked to take clones from the plants and put them to flower so you don't slow down the bigger seed plants.

Peace GG
gorilla ganja is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-07-2019, 06:58 AM #6
iTarzan

iTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud of
12/12 for 4 days and then back to whatever veg schedule you use 18/6 or 24/0. That is what I always did when I started seedlings to put outside. I learned it from another outdoor grower. You don't want or need to go longer then 4 days or you risk needing a reveg period. It is a huge waste of manpower and resources to plant unknown males outside and sometimes seedlings would not preflower until 12 weeks or so which puts cloning and planting way behind. At around 5 leaf nodes tall go to 12/12 for 4 days. If your plants have more nodes it doesn't matter it still works.
iTarzan is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-07-2019, 04:09 PM #7
browntrout

browntrout is a glorious beacon of lightbrowntrout is a glorious beacon of lightbrowntrout is a glorious beacon of lightbrowntrout is a glorious beacon of lightbrowntrout is a glorious beacon of lightbrowntrout is a glorious beacon of lightbrowntrout is a glorious beacon of lightbrowntrout is a glorious beacon of lightbrowntrout is a glorious beacon of lightbrowntrout is a glorious beacon of lightbrowntrout is a glorious beacon of light
Interesting, I have read the same thing about Kelp MedResearcher and haev used it outdoors in conjunction with a full cocktail to bring photosensitive plants back from early flower. You really can't avoid kelp when using mostly organics, it's in everything.

But light schedule manipulation seems to make the most sense. iTarzan, any issue with revegged growth at 4 days? I.E. gnarled shoots form growing tips?

Old 01-07-2019, 05:33 PM #8
iTarzan

iTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud of
I never had them look like they were revegging after doing this. I don't think it really triigers them to flower because young seedlings don't react like that. When you plant seeds outside they don't start flowering because they are sensing the dark is getting less every day and they are not sexually mature (alternating leaves). This is why you can strike seeds in the outside plot in early spring and not have them flower and then a reveg.

When you do the 4 days of 12/12 inside you are doing it to seedlings that are immature (still have 2 leaves on each node) and they are more resistant to the light change but it does speed up preflowers.

When people grow 12/12 from seed it takes quite a few weeks until the seedlings respond. If you started seeds at 11/13 and kept increasing the light a few minutes every day they would never flower even if it took a month to get to 12/12 because the nights are growing shorter to the seedlings. It is time to veg and grow. It is spring.

Last edited by iTarzan; 01-07-2019 at 07:36 PM.. Reason: react not really
iTarzan is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-07-2019, 07:38 PM #9
iTarzan

In the above post (post #8) I meant "react like that" not "really like that" so I edited.
iTarzan is offline Quote

Old 01-07-2019, 10:47 PM #10
ReikoX
Knight of the BlackSvn

ReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud of
I've used the 12/12 trick before with success as well. I would do two days 12/12 around the 5th ot 6th node. Then back to 18/6. A week later preflowers should be visible.
ReikoX is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.