What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Led driver bridgelux vero29

NorthernLight97

Vorrei realizzare una lampada led con i cob vero29 gen7 per coprire al meglio una superficie 60x60cm del mio grow box. Quanti cob dovrei utilizzare? Quale led driver montare? Vorrei renderla dimmerabile in modo tale da utilizzarla per tutto il ciclo della pianta. Grazie anticipatamente a tutti

Greetings from Canada!!...

Italian Forum link - Area Discussioni Libere

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=39

Vero 29 is very big COB for 60x60cm grow box. You will only need 1!

Must keep V29 high or will burn plants!!! Something like 60cm above. Unless run very soft, less mA than max...maybe 4xVero 13\18 would be better, for heat and light distribution in your case?

For dimmable drivers, 'mean well HLG or ELG' are kinda expensive and excellent...could always power with a 'mean well APC', instead of dimming just move COB up a cpl of inches(inverse square law MUCH worse with 120°!)....

Good luck NL97:tiphat:

NorthernLight97

Thank you, sorry for missing session. I want to build a 2 vero's lamp for my 2x2. Heat isn't important because temp is very cold. What's the right driver for a 200w circa power?

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
If you want to dim then this one will run them both at 100W each on full power, which is kind of maximum for vero29s i think, on the same driver. Otherwise you can get a none dimmable.

HLG 185H C1400 A

https://www.mouser.co.uk/ProductDetail/MEAN-WELL/HLG-185H-C1400A?qs=%2bmCJZPMmHFNHtAU7Zr23OQ==

The B model allows for an external potentiometer to be wired.

But to be honest as Iman said you will find a shitload of knowledgeable helful people on LEDs in the Italian sub forum here because i know theyre mad on LEDs :D

Quite rightly :smokeit:

Last edited:

NorthernLight97

Thank you very mutch. How much power i can get with hlg 185h c1400a? It's for 2 veros. Is it the right choice? I will connect them on the same driver

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
Yeah man they are a legitimate contender up there with any grow light. You have to adapt to any new light to an extent.

I use QBs and ill be getting more. For Vegging they 100% cannot be beat imo. I do use them in flower as well.

positivity

Veteran
Samsung leds on a pcb...qbs.

They can easily be beat with cobs.

Jmo

Almost anything can beat a qb

Jmo

Wasted space..underpowered..be a big pile of boards one day.
Carry on though. Just my perspective.

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
I dont agree, in lots of situations QBs are a very sensible choice. I have COBs but havent been more impressed with them than QBs.. :dunno:

I think a lot is unique to tbe growers situation and skill. In all honesty id be using a mix, if i could, that included CMH, cobs and QBs but i cant currently pull off the heat.

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
Major issue with QBs might be a slight lack of real red and blue activation for really strong emerson effect. Which is possibly why the new rigs are coming with deep red chips as well

NorthernLight97

I've found qb on aliexpress for a good price. 199€ for 2 qbs and 240w of power. They are a good choice? Because i've also found some con kits at good price