Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > Marijuana News > Farm Bill Provisions Lifting Federal Hemp Ban Become Law

Thread Title Search
Farm Bill Provisions Lifting Federal Hemp Ban Become Law Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2018, 08:47 AM #11
dank.frank
ef.yu.se.ka.e.em

dank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivor
I think the reality is though, in states that have already passed the legislation for pilot programs, remember, there are 40 of them, to avoid FDA oversight, you simply don't make any sort of medical or health claims on the label or in advertising. Then, the product doesn't fall under their jurisdiction, as a drug, it falls under the jurisdiction of the agriculture bodies and associated compliance regulators, as an agricultural crop.

In other words, it would seem if all you are doing is growing the agricultural commodity and selling it to a processor, then it would be hard to find yourself in a position to warrant FDA oversight.

From a farming standpoint, just because you grow cotton doesn't mean you know a single thing about making t-shirts. Hemp is just another textile, in that sense, grown as a crop and sold for whatever stuff other people do with it.

Perhaps, I'm wrong?

dank.Frank

culture cannabis enthusiasts with their thinly veiled
self-justifications catering to the morally
ambiguous for the sake of the
ALL MIGHTY DOLLAR
dank.frank is online now Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-22-2018, 03:08 PM #12
ronbo51

ronbo51 is a splendid one to beholdronbo51 is a splendid one to beholdronbo51 is a splendid one to beholdronbo51 is a splendid one to beholdronbo51 is a splendid one to beholdronbo51 is a splendid one to beholdronbo51 is a splendid one to beholdronbo51 is a splendid one to beholdronbo51 is a splendid one to beholdronbo51 is a splendid one to beholdronbo51 is a splendid one to behold
"This product is not intended to treat, cure or prevent any disease". That is what we are required to put on our labels. All our cbd products were originally sent off to labs to confirm the formulas and dosage. All the cbd comes to us with testing attatched. The state i live in, South Carolina, passed a strong hemp bill last year and allotted 20 farmers acreage to grow. The guy I deal with has over 1.3 million pounds of raw hemp. He is making concentrate 24 hours a day. I know another guy who has an allotment and is doing basically the same thing. The nation is about to get flooded with cheap readily available cbd and by the time its done it will be in everything and will become the next "thing". We have 17 retail stores and have sold so much cbd and have new customers every day and though it seems to people like us who are hip and in the biz that we are late to the party the reality is that most common folk don't have a clue what cbd is or anything about it. We see it every day in our stores. The heightened awareness that legalization brings, FOX, other news networks have all run stories about the Farm Bill and hemp will only open up the door further and grease the skids to widespread knowledge about cbd and eventually all the cannabinoids. Very exciting times.

BTW, the one guy with the million pounds has contracts with Volvo to provide hemp fiber to make panels and car parts out of hemp and polymers. Pretty cool shit. Lots more coming.
ronbo51 is offline Quote

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-25-2018, 03:38 AM #13
pipeline
Cannabotanist

pipeline has much to be proud ofpipeline has much to be proud ofpipeline has much to be proud ofpipeline has much to be proud ofpipeline has much to be proud ofpipeline has much to be proud ofpipeline has much to be proud ofpipeline has much to be proud ofpipeline has much to be proud ofpipeline has much to be proud ofpipeline has much to be proud of
Yeah can you describe a little bit about growing process for cbd hemp? Are there any good threads for it?

https://purduehemp.org/

I'm considering starting in a couple years putting in some acres of cbd and my friend will farm the rest of the 33 acres with grain/fiber hemp. I'm just not looking forward to the regulatory work involved. Hopefully they streamline it.

My dad's side of the family has a dairy farm, and I gave all the women hemp protein powder for Christmas! They didnt' say much, most people don't know what it is. Its going to be a big thing the new market. New jobs! Going to save in 2019 and aim for 2020. Im going to be a Cannabis farmer!
pipeline is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-25-2018, 03:40 AM #14
pipeline
Cannabotanist

pipeline has much to be proud ofpipeline has much to be proud ofpipeline has much to be proud ofpipeline has much to be proud ofpipeline has much to be proud ofpipeline has much to be proud ofpipeline has much to be proud ofpipeline has much to be proud ofpipeline has much to be proud ofpipeline has much to be proud ofpipeline has much to be proud of
INFOWARS -John Bowne Report
https://www.infowars.com/hemp-for-america/
Hemp For America!

President Trump recently unleashed the powerful Hemp industry and the establishment is terrified

https://youtu.be/tR-Z8da7kIY

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-25-2018, 08:19 AM #15
rogerw

rogerw will become famous soon enoughrogerw will become famous soon enoughrogerw will become famous soon enough
my partner and i are in the process of making fem hemp seeds . the strains that have passed colorados testing that we have crossed for 3 yrs a good winter project. with each run we send some product into a state certified testing facility . each run yields about 100,000 seeds . we saw this coming and how hard it was to get high cbd low thc seeds so we now have 4 strains with over 14 % cbd and below .04 thc you can have the plants test over .3 just not .4 so the not over .3 law must of been lawyers most run under .3 unless you mess up feeding them.
rogerw is offline Quote

Old 12-25-2018, 02:33 PM #16
dddaver

dddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant future
ANY support by that Infowars blowhard will have negative popular impact on ANYTHING that creep supports.

DAV -

I can't decide which I like better: either, arguing on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics, you might win but you're still retarded; or never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience; or you can't fix stupid, so why argue with it? They all are funny, and all are true too.

"Well, da Nile ain't just some big river in Egypt neither."

"No reason to get excited," the thief, he kindly spoke,
"There are many here among us who feel that life is but a joke.
But you and I, we've been through that, and this is not our fate,
So let us not talk falsely now, the hour is getting late.
-
Bob Dylan: All Along the Watchtower

Rights aren’t rights if someone can take them away.
-George Carlin

"The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise Man knows himself to be a fool
"
-William Shakespeare

Long signatures suck.
-dddaver

dddaver is offline Quote

Old 12-25-2018, 04:49 PM #17
ronbo51

ronbo51 is a splendid one to beholdronbo51 is a splendid one to beholdronbo51 is a splendid one to beholdronbo51 is a splendid one to beholdronbo51 is a splendid one to beholdronbo51 is a splendid one to beholdronbo51 is a splendid one to beholdronbo51 is a splendid one to beholdronbo51 is a splendid one to beholdronbo51 is a splendid one to beholdronbo51 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by pipeline View Post
Yeah can you describe a little bit about growing process for cbd hemp? Are there any good threads for it?

https://purduehemp.org/

I'm considering starting in a couple years putting in some acres of cbd and my friend will farm the rest of the 33 acres with grain/fiber hemp. I'm just not looking forward to the regulatory work involved. Hopefully they streamline it.

My dad's side of the family has a dairy farm, and I gave all the women hemp protein powder for Christmas! They didnt' say much, most people don't know what it is. Its going to be a big thing the new market. New jobs! Going to save in 2019 and aim for 2020. Im going to be a Cannabis farmer!
It would be interesting to consider a dairy farm doing a switchover to hemp instead of corn and hay. I bet hemp silage has a lot of nutrition. Might make milk taste different. Hay, silage, seed crops, make ethanol and biodiesel to run the farm. It would be so good to substantially reduce the amount of corn acreage and the use of corn based products,( not limited to but at the absolute top is high fructose corn syrup) , and the power that big Ag has over farmers, and everyone who uses their products. Hemp could very well be a catalyst that has profound effects on our society and opens the crack in the doorway enough to let that small sliver of light shine in on the cold dark floor and if enough people follow the light and push on the door maybe we can bust out of the prison they are building around us as we enjoy bread and circuses.

Or maybe Kathy Ireland and her company Level Brands will control the whole thing. I guess the ball is in our court.
ronbo51 is offline Quote

Old 12-25-2018, 10:37 PM #18
herbgreen

herbgreen is a name known to allherbgreen is a name known to allherbgreen is a name known to allherbgreen is a name known to allherbgreen is a name known to allherbgreen is a name known to allherbgreen is a name known to allherbgreen is a name known to allherbgreen is a name known to allherbgreen is a name known to allherbgreen is a name known to all
yeah, I wonder if hempseed feed for animals might replace soybeans

And much less toxic crop

If only Jack Herer was here to see this

Hemp is the break through we need for the environment and for farmers, health, everything

This is good news!
herbgreen is online now Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-28-2018, 03:57 AM #19
pipeline
Cannabotanist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddaver View Post
ANY support by that Infowars blowhard will have negative popular impact on ANYTHING that creep supports.

Why would Infowars have a negative impact? What are you talking about?

Old 12-28-2018, 04:02 AM #20
pipeline
Cannabotanist

This is good news, but the FDA needs to back off.

They are trying to regulate CBD extracts, and there is a company working to patent it as a medicine. It would make sense for people to be able to grow their own CBD cannabis in the backyard and refine it themself.

Companies who sell CBD extract right now will soon have to advertise it just as Hemp extract, not regarding the CBD to maintain compliance with FDA rules.