What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Copper Chem- outdoor hawaii in coco

insidemusic

Hello everyone, I'd like to share my first coco grow. I posted for help awhile ago when I first began as I had a terrible start with my seedlings, first attempt at coco, with your help I sorted my problems, a few lived haha, and now I'd like to share the finish.

Ultimately my rough beginning was due to using horrible coco(black gold "just coir") and underfeeding (Hanna meter set to .7 conversion while i looked at everyones ppms, lesson learned go by EC). Switched to bagged canna coco and figured out accurate EC readings and stuff really turned around!

I had three copper chem females from greenpoint, and one BC kush from cheap seedstock somewhere.
They were vegged indoors, and luckily here we can flower indicas outdoors all year.
Here are two copper chems ready to go out after i got them healthy, they went through absolute hell but I didn't give up.

day 1, one on left is in 1.5g smart pot, right is in 1 gal smart pot. Using sensi coco and big bud. Feeding around 1.4 ec, 4x a day, 1/3gal each time.

day 9, i was amazed at the stretch going on.

3 Malawi sativas in the background about 4 months still vegging, in ground organic.

insidemusic

day 12

I set up 4 drippers on each one, timer went on 8x a day for 7-20min depending on time of day. Middle of day needed much more water with the wind and sun. Usually a steady 20mph trade wind here midday. Tinfoil helps keep the sun off the rootzone. I put beneficial bacteria and fungi inoculants in the reservoir with a tiny bit of molasses. Also a little maxicrop. I have to clean the drip filter every other day, but i like that their getting a constant nutrient and beneficial tea flow. Maybe this is a bad idea idk... But there are definitely colonies that form on the airstone and float around the rez, so with my experience in organic soil with compost tea, it looks good to me.
8am 7min
10 10min
11 10min
12 15min
1pm 20min
2 20min
3 15min
5 10min

insidemusic

day 26

day 32
I had been feeding up to 1.8 EC , and getting really high runoff over 3 EC, so I figured out something important with growing outdoors in coco compared to what i see indoor people feeding. Outdoors here, with the wind and summer sun, the plant needs much much more water than nutes, compared to a plant indoors. And it will just suck the water and not use as much nutes leaving a lot of build up. So outside I now go about 1 EC. But im still experimenting with this as some people still say to feed higher. Im experimenting.

Then late august came, and brought a few hurricanes. Went on the roof to check everything. And put up a temp rain shelter from clear 6mil plastic, rope and bamboo. Worked surprisingly well! We had a rough couple weeks. The two on the lower left are another copper chem and the BC kush, they are bigger and in 5gal smart pots of coco.

insidemusic

BC kush left, copper chem#3 on right. Day 8 flower.

Hurricane shelter for the girls in week 5

Copper Chem#1 Day 40

Copper Chem#2 Day 40

#1 left, #2 right, Day 40

Malato

Awesome looking plants man, love seeing those big Malawis. Definitely gonna follow this grow. That feeding 4x a day sounds intense though man haha. Kudos!

insidemusic

BC Kush right, Copper Chem#3 left, Day 17

Copper Chem#1 Harvest, Day 56. Super high humidity and rain for days was spawning some mold. Would have loved to see it swell, but oh well.

BC kush CC#1 Day 23

Copper chem#2 Day 74 harvest day, This one swelled nicely last two weeks, super frosty, smells amazing! 2nd to last week very low ec. Water with flawless finish only the last week.

Sativas about 8 weeks into flowering, and copper chem #3 just below them.

insidemusic

Copper Chem #3 Day 54 This one is much more fruity smelling, also much more swollen, its so lumpy haha. #1 and#2 were much more chem skunky smelling, but this has a lot of the linalool terpene i believe.

Copper Chem#3 was harvested day 61, same issue with high humidity and rain, couldn't go the full 10 weeks but would love to see what #3 would have done. Cured up it kept some of the fruity smell, but a nice chem smell came along with it, very different taste from #1 and 2, more chem lavendary -ish. This one has great bag appeal, its very pretty, bright green and lumpy.

Copper Chem #2 was an amazing plant, super frosty, all cured up it has a strong chem smell, is very smooth, and the classic chem taste its very tasty. Its also the most potent, very strong relaxing high. I drift off big time with it haha. With the clones and this plant i noticed this pheno is very resistant to mold. This one was the smoothest and tastiest probably because it go the full 10 weeks with a nice flush. Small fan leaves more compact, and more resistant to stress than the others.

CC#1 was very vigorous, bigger fan leaves, really stretched all through veg and especially early flowering. Made huge buds that were more airy than #2 and 3, but it didn't finish, this one could be a huge yielder. Same taste and smell as #2, not as strong but more energetic high than 2, but it also was harvested early. Maybe more sativa pheno coming through on this on.

Overall the copper chems are great, great genetics in there, and looking forward to popping more from greenpoint.

BC Kush went about 8 weeks, had very very dense buds that wanted to mold quickly, it was a super bushy plant, leaves everywhere, i should have done more trimming for airflow. It had a grapefruity taste, not much kush taste or smell, smelled very fruity. Small super dense buds, but pretty strong, was good for the price.

I look forward to learning more here with everyone and honing my skills, thanks for reading, aloha

insidemusic

Hey thanks! My Malawis finished around 11 weeks, i had a whitefly infestation from hell that came in and caused havock. Luckily i gave clones to a friend who lives up about 3000 feet and his malawi turned out amazing, im at sea level. They might like the elevation better, so looking forward to next spring up there!

Once i got the drippers on the chems it wasn't bad, so long as i remembered to put the timer on auto!! i spaced that many times, they had a couple bad dry spells but happy to see them hang in there.

Malato

I know about the white flies from hell! But any pics of dried finished herb? Those last pics of the chem looked super dank dude.

Latest posts

Latest posts