Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > Marijuana News > young man was given a 55 year sentence for selling $30 worth of marijuana.

Thread Title Search
young man was given a 55 year sentence for selling $30 worth of marijuana. Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2018, 11:25 PM #11
therevverend

therevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant future
People bringing guns along to sell and buy cannabis are foolish but guns are legal. I know people from places like Idaho and Alaska that have concealed weapons permits, they get up in the morning, put on their pants and their gun. They hunt for their food, live in areas with dangerous animals and people.

The caveat is that they know how to use a gun responsibly, I don't have to worry about them getting drunk and waving it around. Recently I found out a friend of mine has a gun, always carries a gun, I've known him over 20 years and I realize the entire time I've known him he was armed. But it's an assumption you should make when you're hanging out in the backwoods of Humboldt or Mendocino, most people are packing.

It's ridiculous to penalize someone who owns guns to protect themselves and their family differently for growing cannabis. If the person doesn't have a history of violence. Raiding someone's house, finding a hunting rifle, and throwing the book at them for it is a waste.

My buddy from Mendo, he cracks me up. He tells me about how the Mexicans always end up getting busted. At harvest time they party, everybody gets drunk and starts firing their guns in the air. So the sheriff shows up, finds the ganja, and hauls them off.

The caps thing, I usually just ignore the whole post. It means the person is yelling and probably a crank. Unless it's a small amount of text used to highlight something. I'd rather avoid the headache..
therevverend is offline Quote

8 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-19-2018, 12:36 AM #12
theJointedOne

theJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant future
I remember some poor 18 year old kid in Alabama got stung by a narc posing as a student. He sold em an ounce got like 20 something years

theJointedOne is offline Quote

Old 11-19-2018, 04:49 AM #13
xavier7995

xavier7995 is a name known to allxavier7995 is a name known to allxavier7995 is a name known to allxavier7995 is a name known to allxavier7995 is a name known to allxavier7995 is a name known to allxavier7995 is a name known to allxavier7995 is a name known to allxavier7995 is a name known to allxavier7995 is a name known to allxavier7995 is a name known to all
Sucks to be that guy, flipping 8ths and quarters doesn't really necessitate being strapped but to each their own. Not big into guns, i have seen far too many bad gun owners to support them, ....but at the same time think every home should have an assault weapon so here we are.

Instagram: xavier7995
xavier7995 is offline Quote

Old 11-19-2018, 05:19 AM #14
dank.frank
ef.yu.se.ka.e.em

dank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboyTed View Post
ANYTHING that will make Americans stop and think before they decide to carry a gun, (whatever they may have planned for their day) is a positive contribution to our society.

Have you even read the constitution of the US of A. I sincerely feel pity for anyone to be so brainwashed as to vomit the above trash onto a screen.

I'm sorry you feel so threatened by someone exercising their rights while engaging in an activity that should have never been deemed illegal in the first place.

Gun ownership is paramount to ensuring our freedoms in this nation. It's bad enough cops can murder who ever they want for any reason they want. It's bad enough, elected officials from California actually threatened the use of nuclear weapons to confiscate guns. It borders on insane for anyone to support giving these tyrants MORE control.

"The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subjugated races to possess arms." -Adolf Hitler

In America, you can view cannabis users as a sector of the populace that has been subjugated by the government. OF COURSE they don't want those of us bold enough to think for ourselves, to have the means of a.) protection b.) fighting back.

dank.Frank
ambiguous for the sake of the
ALL MIGHTY DOLLAR

Last edited by dank.frank; 11-19-2018 at 06:38 AM..
dank.frank is online now Quote

12 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-19-2018, 02:00 PM #15
dddaver

dddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant future
Misleading headline. Then hijacked. Then opinions about what I was taught was a "LIVING DOCUMENT". But arguing anyway. Personal attacks. GARBAGE. I'm so Audi 5000.

DAV -

I can't decide which I like better: either, arguing on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics, you might win but you're still retarded; or never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience; or you can't fix stupid, so why argue with it? They all are funny, and all are true too.

"Well, da Nile ain't just some big river in Egypt neither."

"No reason to get excited," the thief, he kindly spoke,
"There are many here among us who feel that life is but a joke.
But you and I, we've been through that, and this is not our fate,
So let us not talk falsely now, the hour is getting late.
-
Bob Dylan: All Along the Watchtower

Rights aren’t rights if someone can take them away.
-George Carlin

"The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise Man knows himself to be a fool
"
-William Shakespeare

Long signatures suck.
-dddaver

dddaver is offline Quote

Old 11-19-2018, 04:37 PM #16
P-NUT

P-NUT is a glorious beacon of lightP-NUT is a glorious beacon of lightP-NUT is a glorious beacon of lightP-NUT is a glorious beacon of lightP-NUT is a glorious beacon of lightP-NUT is a glorious beacon of lightP-NUT is a glorious beacon of lightP-NUT is a glorious beacon of lightP-NUT is a glorious beacon of lightP-NUT is a glorious beacon of lightP-NUT is a glorious beacon of light
Right on dank Frank! I got into a debate with a Jamaican coworker a few years back about guns. He was staunchly antigun so I asked him how many people in Jamaica that he knew had been robbed at gunpoint and he said almost everyone he knew and you have to jump through major hoops to get a gun legally there. I then asked him how many people he knew here that had been robbed at gunpoint and he didn't know any. I'm very uneasy when people have guns around me but it's because I was raised with guns and most people aren't. What really bothers me is having a cop point a gun at me which has happened several times. I was raised never point a gun at something you don't intend to kill so it sets off all kinds of alarms in my head when I have one pointed at me. I've never deserved the guns pointed at me either. Last time I was in a car similar to one reported stolen and got swarmed at a red light. Cops every direction with guns drawn on me.
P-NUT is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-19-2018, 05:01 PM #17
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond repute
I thought this was recent...

Glad, after reading, that it wasn't.

I'm happy to hear that Weldon is a free man now.

In UT today, a person can walk with an ankle bracelet for a couple lbs.
MJPassion is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-19-2018, 05:24 PM #18
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboyTed View Post
Yeah, that first sentence took the air right out of that story. He was not sentenced to 55 years for selling $30 worth of marijuana.

Committing ANY other crime while armed will get you a much longer sentence than if you had committed the same crime while unarmed.

While I certainly agree that we should decriminalize cannabis, selling the stuff was and still is against the law in most of our country. If you're carrying firearms while possessing, selling, buying, or growing the stuff, you can still expect to face aggravated charges, just as you would if you trespassed while armed or assaulted someone while armed.

Our law recognizes that people who commit unlawful acts are far less dangerous to society than people who commit the same unlawful acts and bring a gun along. Think about the mindset of a person who takes a gun with them to ensure that their crime succeeds: They are elevating the success of their crime above the life of any person who interferes with their crime. Somebody who approaches their crimes with that mindset BELONGS in prison.

Minor crimes are a nuisance to society. Minor crimes committed by people who think so little of their fellow man that they bring a killing implement along to the crime scene are not a simple nuisance: they are a grave danger to everyone who may get caught in a cross-fire if the crime goes south and the shithead pulls out the gun.

Those aggravating factors, mandatory minimums and sentencing guidelines are all intended to make us stop and think before we strap on a firearm and then go off to engage in a crime.

ANYTHING that will make Americans stop and think before they decide to carry a gun, (whatever they may have planned for their day) is a positive contribution to our society.

You do not know the 3 elements of a crime do you?
#1...
Where/Who is the victim?
Yup... There was none until the cops got involved and victimized the individual exercising his Rights.
The Right to labor is fundamental to human existence. Just because some faction disagrees with an individuals choice in labor does not make that labor a crime. Just because there is some colored law doesn't make it THE LAW. If you don't understand what I mean, here is the definition of colored. (definition b)
The legal definition is here.

No Victim, No Crime!
MJPassion is offline Quote

Old 11-19-2018, 07:22 PM #19
'Boogieman'

'Boogieman' is a splendid one to behold'Boogieman' is a splendid one to behold'Boogieman' is a splendid one to behold'Boogieman' is a splendid one to behold'Boogieman' is a splendid one to behold'Boogieman' is a splendid one to behold'Boogieman' is a splendid one to behold'Boogieman' is a splendid one to behold'Boogieman' is a splendid one to behold'Boogieman' is a splendid one to behold'Boogieman' is a splendid one to behold
Many people cary a gun and are responsible, even some criminals believe it or not. I need more info to judge honestly. A violent past or no? If he just had it for protection then I don't see a big deal.

Last edited by 'Boogieman'; 01-03-2019 at 02:27 AM..
'Boogieman' is offline Quote

Old 11-20-2018, 12:51 AM #20
JustSumTomatoes

JustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud of
I should probably add that I support responsible gun ownership and have no problems with cannabis users owning them. The circumstances I talked about involved people who probably had no business having them. Doing stupid shit like flagging you down with a loaded gun while showing it off, finger on the trigger instead of keeping it off types of things.

People should have the right to defend themselves or their home and hunt if they choose to. Cannabis should be treated no different than alcohol when it comes to firearms. Don't get stoned stupid and dick around with the guns, but you should not be given additional charges for having cannabis and firearms together in the household.

The way the law sees it is that cannabis is illegal and everything involved with it has criminal intent. If you get caught with it here they can suspend your drivers license even if a vehicle was never involved. In many places they'll confiscate any loose cash you have as well. Dirty thieves with badges.

I'm not sure how it works in green states, but isn't it illegal to grow or have weed and guns in the same house cause of the federal laws? I guess weed is still technically illegal everywhere in the U.S. Just haven't heard of any federal boys cracking down on small scale growers/users in green states.
JustSumTomatoes is offline Quote