Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > Marijuana News > young man was given a 55 year sentence for selling $30 worth of marijuana.

Thread Title Search
young man was given a 55 year sentence for selling $30 worth of marijuana. Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2018, 09:15 PM #1
Tudo
Troublemaker

Tudo is a survivorTudo is a survivorTudo is a survivorTudo is a survivorTudo is a survivorTudo is a survivorTudo is a survivorTudo is a survivorTudo is a survivorTudo is a survivorTudo is a survivor
young man was given a 55 year sentence for selling $30 worth of marijuana.

young man was given a 55 year sentence for selling $30 worth of marijuana.

Father-of-three who was jailed for 55 years for drug deal is freed 43 YEARS early after prosecutor who put him away fought to cut the 'cruel' sentence
A Utah music producer who was ordered to spend 55 years behind bars for bringing guns to marijuana deals has been set free, after 12 years in prison and national outcry over the mandatory minimum sentencing laws that forced a federal judge to impose the lengthy term.
Weldon Angelos, 36, was freed Tuesday. He says he kept his release quiet for a few days because he wanted to spend time with his three teenage children, who were much younger when he was sentenced in 2004 aged 24.
'It's amazing,' Angelos told KUTV-TV on Friday at his home in Sandy, a Salt Lake City suburb. 'I just keep hugging them every time I get a chance.'
The three were just children when Angelos was sentenced in 2004, the youngest just a baby. Now, his son Anthony is 19, Jesse is 17 and his daughter is Meranda 13, according to Fox 13 Salt Lake City.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ree-early.html

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-16-2018, 09:28 PM #2
Bud Green
I dig dirt

Bud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivor
The war against drugs, which started getting heavy in the early 70's, was a terrible thing..

Too many good lives were wasted, over a mere plant...

12 years in prison is terrible, but I'm glad someone came to their damn senses and got this man released....

Isn't Mother Nature grand !
Bud Green is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-16-2018, 10:27 PM #3
CowboyTed

CowboyTed is a jewel in the roughCowboyTed is a jewel in the roughCowboyTed is a jewel in the roughCowboyTed is a jewel in the roughCowboyTed is a jewel in the roughCowboyTed is a jewel in the roughCowboyTed is a jewel in the roughCowboyTed is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by wantedsugar View Post
"young man was given a 55 year sentence for selling $30 worth of marijuana."

"for bringing guns to marijuana deals"

View Image
Yeah, that first sentence took the air right out of that story. He was not sentenced to 55 years for selling $30 worth of marijuana.

Committing ANY other crime while armed will get you a much longer sentence than if you had committed the same crime while unarmed.

While I certainly agree that we should decriminalize cannabis, selling the stuff was and still is against the law in most of our country. If you're carrying firearms while possessing, selling, buying, or growing the stuff, you can still expect to face aggravated charges, just as you would if you trespassed while armed or assaulted someone while armed.

Our law recognizes that people who commit unlawful acts are far less dangerous to society than people who commit the same unlawful acts and bring a gun along. Think about the mindset of a person who takes a gun with them to ensure that their crime succeeds: They are elevating the success of their crime above the life of any person who interferes with their crime. Somebody who approaches their crimes with that mindset BELONGS in prison.

Minor crimes are a nuisance to society. Minor crimes committed by people who think so little of their fellow man that they bring a killing implement along to the crime scene are not a simple nuisance: they are a grave danger to everyone who may get caught in a cross-fire if the crime goes south and the shithead pulls out the gun.

Those aggravating factors, mandatory minimums and sentencing guidelines are all intended to make us stop and think before we strap on a firearm and then go off to engage in a crime.

ANYTHING that will make Americans stop and think before they decide to carry a gun, (whatever they may have planned for their day) is a positive contribution to our society.
CowboyTed is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-16-2018, 11:18 PM #4
Tudo
Troublemaker

Tudo is a survivorTudo is a survivorTudo is a survivorTudo is a survivorTudo is a survivorTudo is a survivorTudo is a survivorTudo is a survivorTudo is a survivorTudo is a survivorTudo is a survivor
Well, I think I moved more than 20,000 lbs before ever seeing a gun in this business. But around 1980 a newly popularized by the media ( described as a "jet setters" drug ) came on the scene, called cocaine. Then we saw a lot of guns appear and it's never been the same.

13 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-17-2018, 01:52 AM #5
JustSumTomatoes

JustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud of
Unfortunately I've seen weapons when picking up something as small as a half eighth. Fucking ridiculous. Legalize it already and take the criminal aspect away.
JustSumTomatoes is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-17-2018, 11:56 AM #6
mean mr.mustard
I Pass Satellites

Location: Overturning Pebbles and Upending All the Animals Alight
mean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivor
I'm "engaging in a crime" by growing a plant.

If having a gun is "elevating my chances of getting away with that crime" or just leveling the playing field depends on whether or not you're a cop.

Or a thief.
mean mr.mustard is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-17-2018, 12:30 PM #7
Sam_Skunkman
"RESIN BREEDER"

Sam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboyTed View Post
Yeah, that first sentence took the air right out of that story. He was not sentenced to 55 years for selling $30 worth of marijuana.

Committing ANY other crime while armed will get you a much longer sentence than if you had committed the same crime while unarmed.

While I certainly agree that we should decriminalize cannabis, selling the stuff was and still is against the law in most of our country. If you're carrying firearms while possessing, selling, buying, or growing the stuff, you can still expect to face aggravated charges, just as you would if you trespassed while armed or assaulted someone while armed.

I THINK IT DEPENDS ON IF THE WEPONS WERE CARRIED TO STEAL, ROB, OR HURT OTHERS, OR TO DEFEND YOUR PESON OR PROPERTY, BIG DIFFERENCE. AND IF YOU ARE OUTSIDE THE LAW, BUT HONEST YOU CAN'T ASK POLICE TO HELP IF ANYONE DECIDES TO ROB YOU, IT IS UP TO YOU.

Our law recognizes that people who commit unlawful acts are far less dangerous to society than people who commit the same unlawful acts and bring a gun along. Think about the mindset of a person who takes a gun with them to ensure that their crime succeeds: They are elevating the success of their crime above the life of any person who interferes with their crime. Somebody who approaches their crimes with that mindset BELONGS in prison.

WHAT ABOUT IF YOU GROW A SINGLE PLANT FOR YOU OWN USE AND SOME ONE BREAKS INTO YOUR HOME TO STEAL IT?
I THINK YOU ARE BLIND. AND BLAMING THE VICTIM.

Minor crimes are a nuisance to society. Minor crimes committed by people who think so little of their fellow man that they bring a killing implement along to the crime scene are not a simple nuisance: they are a grave danger to everyone who may get caught in a cross-fire if the crime goes south and the shithead pulls out the gun.

Those aggravating factors, mandatory minimums and sentencing guidelines are all intended to make us stop and think before we strap on a firearm and then go off to engage in a crime.

ANYTHING that will make Americans stop and think before they decide to carry a gun, (whatever they may have planned for their day) is a positive contribution to our society.
I HAVE KNOWN QUITE A FEW BAD GUYS THAT DO CARRY GUNS WHEN INVOLVED IN CRIME, VERY FEW EVER THINK THEY WILL BE CAUGHT, AND EVEN FEWER WILL STOP AND THINK, I SUSPECT YOU KNOW THIS IF YOU ARE A REAL COWBOY, TED....
-SamS
Sam_Skunkman is offline Quote

Old 11-17-2018, 01:51 PM #8
Dog Star
Why so Sirius!!

Dog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivor
Both.. you and Ted use too much caps lock in their life... ;D

What you wish to proove.. that caps lock text wins over less caps locked text..?!

Or..??
Dog Star is offline Quote

Old 11-17-2018, 01:55 PM #9
Snook

Snook has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboyTed View Post

You make me nervous.

Snook is online now Quote

Old 11-18-2018, 06:20 PM #10
St. Phatty

St. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSumTomatoes View Post
Unfortunately I've seen weapons when picking up something as small as a half eighth. Fucking ridiculous. Legalize it already and take the criminal aspect away.
As long as the US government is involved, the Criminal Aspect will never go away.

A 30 Degree day feels like a 40 Degree Day

(Degrees F)
St. Phatty is offline Quote