Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > Marijuana News > America's marijuana map How it might change after the midterms

Thread Title Search
America's marijuana map How it might change after the midterms Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2018, 08:05 AM #11
Emperortaima
Namekian resident/farmer

Emperortaima is a splendid one to beholdEmperortaima is a splendid one to beholdEmperortaima is a splendid one to beholdEmperortaima is a splendid one to beholdEmperortaima is a splendid one to beholdEmperortaima is a splendid one to beholdEmperortaima is a splendid one to beholdEmperortaima is a splendid one to beholdEmperortaima is a splendid one to beholdEmperortaima is a splendid one to beholdEmperortaima is a splendid one to behold
Crazy many more green states now awesome now the dream is for everywhere to decriminalize thats the true ideal

My love for cannabis cannot be put into simple words it is a passion that cannot die - an undying flame!
(RIP JACK HERER THE GREAT HEMPEROR)
-Hemperorsknight/Emperortaima

"Use your martial skill for the good of humanity" -Grandmaster IP

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times" -Bruce Lee

Emperortaima is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-08-2018, 09:03 AM #12
JustSumTomatoes

JustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud of
Though it's totally awesome to see much of the map filled in compared to what it looked like 10 years ago, it's still mind boggling to think in one place you can grow legally but in a 15 minute drive away be put in prison for it. I wish we could be like Canada and legalize as a nation.
JustSumTomatoes is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-08-2018, 10:46 AM #13
mr.brunch

mr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivor
More green than not... got to be at a tipping point soon...

https://www.jackherer.com/thebook/

Originally posted by jimmy cliff:

Well they tell me ‘bout the pie up in the sky,
Waiting for me when I die
But between the day you’re born and when you die,
They never seem to hear even your cry.
So as soon as the sun
Will shine,
I'm gonna get my share of
What's mine.
And then the harder they come ,
The harder they fall,
One and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post

Put out the joint, step away from the computer and go for a walk.
Current: holy seeds bitter cherry punch-
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=358248

Current: real gorilla seeds lemon dizzle-
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=358798
mr.brunch is online now Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-08-2018, 06:02 PM #14
aridbud
automeister

aridbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond repute
Cannabis regulation is closing the gap...33 states and counting.....!
John Harrigan
Instant gratification takes too long.
Carrie Fisher - RIP.
afterthought autos
We are passionate breeders growing organically in the USA and offer 27 autoflowering strains, 9 photoperiods in our decades of breeding expertise. afterthought autos - we are unique quality cannabis autoflower breeders for medical conditions and recreational stimulus. Auto breeding 13 years, and running strong!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
aridbud is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-09-2018, 01:31 AM #15
armedoldhippy

armedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivor
Thumbs up

tipping point was reached long ago. biggest problem confronting cannabis users now is drug testing on/for a job. over 90% of Fortune 500 companies tested less than 10 years ago. last stats i saw were culled from a national meeting of personnel folks and they said it was now down below 65% and dropping. they cannot find the talent they need to keep the doors open, fuck expanding. military is getting more lax as well. we need a national citizen rights bill like Canada has, which protects their citizens from discriminatory bullshit like pissing in a bottle. there, there is a VERY restricted number of jobs which subject you to testing - pilots , train engineers, etc.

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-09-2018, 02:27 AM #16
clearheaded

clearheaded is a jewel in the roughclearheaded is a jewel in the roughclearheaded is a jewel in the roughclearheaded is a jewel in the roughclearheaded is a jewel in the roughclearheaded is a jewel in the roughclearheaded is a jewel in the roughclearheaded is a jewel in the rough
any large company with large amounts of liability in canada tend to test as it lowers insurance i think. they test for booze for pre employement so imagine they will for cannabis and likely will be some interesting cases if reject people for cannabinoids as the level thing is not understood.

That being said things are straighting out as far as cannabis now that its legalish, cops can smoke as time limit thing is just silly. As long as not impaired at work no reason to test.
clearheaded is offline Quote

Old 11-09-2018, 04:27 AM #17
fatigues

fatigues is a glorious beacon of lightfatigues is a glorious beacon of lightfatigues is a glorious beacon of lightfatigues is a glorious beacon of lightfatigues is a glorious beacon of lightfatigues is a glorious beacon of lightfatigues is a glorious beacon of lightfatigues is a glorious beacon of lightfatigues is a glorious beacon of lightfatigues is a glorious beacon of lightfatigues is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by clearheaded View Post
any large company with large amounts of liability in canada tend to test as it lowers insurance i think. they test for booze for pre employement so imagine they will for cannabis and likely will be some interesting cases if reject people for cannabinoids as the level thing is not understood.

That being said things are straighting out as far as cannabis now that its legalish, cops can smoke as time limit thing is just silly. As long as not impaired at work no reason to test.
I'm not sure what you are talking about here. My guess is that your impressions may have been formed by reading a few posts that speak of exceptional circumstances, or perhaps by a media article that seemed to jibe with what you understand of drug testing in the American employment context, and so perhaps you thought that's the way it is in Canada, too?

(If I have misunderstood your comments, I apologize)

There are no pre-employment drug tests in that vast majority of Canada -- indeed, it is illegal to do so. It is also unlawful to do so in most of Canada's provinces during employment, too.

Drug testing in the employment context in Canada is relatively rare.

The only provinces where there is any significant drug-testing is Saskatchewan and Alberta - especially in the oil and gas sector. Alberta is Canada's Texas, and is the most right-wing ideological province in the country As a result, its human rights legislation is weak. But Alberta is still a relatively small component in Canada's overall employment map. Saskatchewan's? Even smaller.

Drug-testing, as it is known in the USA's educational and employment context. is almost unknown outside of Alberta and Saskatchewan and some Federally regulated industries. Employment law is a provincial matter in Canada and the human rights acts in most provinces have banned it outright (with some narrow exceptions). There is no drug testing in any of Canada's schools for any reason.

Hell, you cannot even turn down an offer of employment for a criminal record in most of Canada (again, some narrow exceptions). Indeed, there is no way for an employer to even perform a criminal record check, even if they wanted to.
fatigues is offline Quote

Old 11-12-2018, 09:49 PM #18
Som 2

Som 2 is a jewel in the roughSom 2 is a jewel in the roughSom 2 is a jewel in the roughSom 2 is a jewel in the roughSom 2 is a jewel in the roughSom 2 is a jewel in the roughSom 2 is a jewel in the rough
Illinois and Minnesota both elected governors who support legalization so we could see a few more states legalizing it through the legislative process.
Som 2 is offline Quote

Old 11-13-2018, 03:49 AM #19
mayorofthdesert

mayorofthdesert is a name known to allmayorofthdesert is a name known to allmayorofthdesert is a name known to allmayorofthdesert is a name known to allmayorofthdesert is a name known to allmayorofthdesert is a name known to allmayorofthdesert is a name known to allmayorofthdesert is a name known to allmayorofthdesert is a name known to allmayorofthdesert is a name known to allmayorofthdesert is a name known to all
my current & previous employers have a policy of not testing for mj. i'm in co. i think this will become more commonplace, especially with unemployment as low as it is.

The Mayor's Cabinet
mayorofthdesert is offline Quote

Old 11-13-2018, 04:10 AM #20
Itsmychoice

Itsmychoice is a name known to allItsmychoice is a name known to allItsmychoice is a name known to allItsmychoice is a name known to allItsmychoice is a name known to allItsmychoice is a name known to allItsmychoice is a name known to allItsmychoice is a name known to allItsmychoice is a name known to allItsmychoice is a name known to allItsmychoice is a name known to all
New York will be the tipping point and it all tips next year.
Itsmychoice is offline Quote