What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mixed spectrum bloom room question

theother

I want to build a mixed spectrum bloom room using 6/750 gavitas and some kind of CMH. I'd love any input from anyone running mixed spectrum. My initial idea is to not rely too heavily on the CMH. Room is 13 feet wide, im thinking 3 gavitas and 2 315 CMH's per row, with maybe another 315 in the middle of each row. Not sure if I should use the parabolic style vertical bulb or the horizontal bulb, can't find much info on the difference. Also open to using the dual bulb fixtures if that's the way to go. Hopefully my diagram stays formatted.

x=Gavita 6/750
0= 315 cmh

x o x o x
o o
x o x o x

Mr. Greengenes

Re-incarnated Senior Member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think main difference between vertical and horizontal mount is the shape of the light print on the grow area. Horizontal mount makes a more square pattern, but the fixture gets hotter and might need venting. Vertical with/without a parabolic reflector makes a round pattern but doesn't waste as much energy heating the fixture.

theother

I think main difference between vertical and horizontal mount is the shape of the light print on the grow area. Horizontal mount makes a more square pattern, but the fixture gets hotter and might need venting. Vertical with/without a parabolic reflector makes a round pattern but doesn't waste as much energy heating the fixture.

Thank you for the insight! That helps me make a decision. It sounds like the vert with parabolic would be a good way to go for me. I guess my last concern is that they will have to hang low, anyone tried running these at near DE lamp heights?

My main goal with these lamps is to A. fill out the couple feet that the DE is missing. B. encourage some of that UVB sunburn effect.

Any input on lamps themselves? Im thinking maybe the phillips 3100?

Miraculous Meds

Thank you for the insight! That helps me make a decision. It sounds like the vert with parabolic would be a good way to go for me. I guess my last concern is that they will have to hang low, anyone tried running these at near DE lamp heights?

My main goal with these lamps is to A. fill out the couple feet that the DE is missing. B. encourage some of that UVB sunburn effect.

Any input on lamps themselves? Im thinking maybe the phillips 3100?

My buddy runs a room with 600/750's, and phantom 315's. First, id definitely go with phillips 3100's for flower. Now my friend sets his room up with 4 foot on center footprints with a 600/750, then a phantom 315, then 600/750. 36" above canopy, even spread. Hang them equal height. That should answer most of your questions. If you set this up, you will be happy. My friends results are second to none.

Latest posts

Latest posts