Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Soil > What I'm up too at the moment.

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
What I'm up too at the moment. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-14-2018, 12:32 PM #1
GGNo2

GGNo2 is a jewel in the roughGGNo2 is a jewel in the roughGGNo2 is a jewel in the roughGGNo2 is a jewel in the roughGGNo2 is a jewel in the roughGGNo2 is a jewel in the roughGGNo2 is a jewel in the rough
What I'm up too at the moment.

Well I've expanded from my usual 3 under one light to 36 pots under 6 lights.
Absolutely massive compared to what I'm used to.
Also switched from biobizz to canna for the 1st time so I'm completely out of my comfort zone.
Doing OK though if I do say so myself. Only issue I've had is temps being a bit low for a few days during lights off. I've gone from growing in a house with central heating to growing in a large shed so it was a learning curve.

Got it sorted now with 2 radiators controlled by a little computer thingy Bob. Plants did look limp and started to yellow a fraction but have bounced back nicely.

I'm finding the canna terra soil and nutes OK. A lot more complicated than biobizz. I'm having to ph adjust which I never did with biobizz and the pH for canna terra Pro is 5.8-6.2 not 6.5 like other soils.
I found this out a week into grow lol.

With all these little things I've been learning on the go I'm amazed how well the plants are doing.
GGNo2 is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-14-2018, 04:25 PM #2
bsgospel

bsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of light
Looks good! Which strains are you working with?
bsgospel is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-14-2018, 04:40 PM #3
GGNo2

GGNo2 is a jewel in the roughGGNo2 is a jewel in the roughGGNo2 is a jewel in the roughGGNo2 is a jewel in the roughGGNo2 is a jewel in the roughGGNo2 is a jewel in the roughGGNo2 is a jewel in the rough
It's called cheesy dick. Grown it a few times before
GGNo2 is offline Quote

Old 10-14-2018, 05:56 PM #4
superx

superx has a reputation beyond reputesuperx has a reputation beyond reputesuperx has a reputation beyond reputesuperx has a reputation beyond reputesuperx has a reputation beyond reputesuperx has a reputation beyond reputesuperx has a reputation beyond reputesuperx has a reputation beyond reputesuperx has a reputation beyond reputesuperx has a reputation beyond reputesuperx has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to the jungle, looks good.

This makes for a good journal,

What size are your pots, i take it your still in veg?
superx is offline Quote

Old 10-14-2018, 06:17 PM #5
GGNo2

Quote:
Originally Posted by superx View Post
Welcome to the jungle, looks good.

This makes for a good journal,

What size are your pots, i take it your still in veg?
Yes still 2 weeks veg to go I think. 12 litre fabric pots.
GGNo2 is offline Quote

Old 10-14-2018, 08:05 PM #6
packerfan79

packerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivor
I used to grow in a shed, I always had low temps during fall and winter. It's a challenge. Are you running the lights at night
packerfan79 is offline Quote

Old 10-14-2018, 08:24 PM #7
GGNo2

Quote:
Originally Posted by packerfan79 View Post
I used to grow in a shed, I always had low temps during fall and winter. It's a challenge. Are you running the lights at night
I am yes, the shed itself has insulation, it was being lived in at one point. I run the lights from 6pm till 12pm.
The temps got down to 9c at the lowest and the plants did stall and go all limp.
Had temps back up to 20c minimum during lights out this past week and they've began growing again.
GGNo2 is offline Quote

Old 10-14-2018, 08:57 PM #8
packerfan79

packerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGNo2 View Post
I am yes, the shed itself has insulation, it was being lived in at one point. I run the lights from 6pm till 12pm.
The temps got down to 9c at the lowest and the plants did stall and go all limp.
Had temps back up to 20c minimum during lights out this past week and they've began growing again.
Sounds like you are going to need a heater. If you get a temperature controller you can dial in the temperature.

Never mind I see you got it sorted out.
packerfan79 is offline Quote

Old 10-17-2018, 01:42 PM #9
GGNo2

Off to buy 2 wilma systems this weekend as well. Gonna install another tent and give hydro an attempt. If I get on with it the next big project will be all hydro.
GGNo2 is offline Quote

Old 10-17-2018, 03:37 PM #10
Blazeee

Blazeee has much to be proud ofBlazeee has much to be proud ofBlazeee has much to be proud ofBlazeee has much to be proud ofBlazeee has much to be proud ofBlazeee has much to be proud ofBlazeee has much to be proud ofBlazeee has much to be proud ofBlazeee has much to be proud ofBlazeee has much to be proud ofBlazeee has much to be proud of
Blazeee has completed 2 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
If you do get the 2nd tent, depending on how may lights your planning on using i would run it when your current tent is off and exhaust the air back in to the room to raise those night time temps in your big tent

Whats your plans with the wilma system, you going to run just straight clay pebbles on a recirculating drip system? Or are the wilma systems for the big tent? and are you going to do DWC in the new tent?

I was passed a few of the wilma systems years ago and didnt like them, i found the plants were too close together.

Have you considered autopots? I bought a load for dirt cheap a while back, gave a few to a buddy whos never grown before and he is crushing it with them. Hes got 4 smalll plants in a 80x80cm tent with a 60L res and all he does is go and top it up every 10-14 days and his plants are looking great. All he had to do was hand water them for the first 3-4 weeks veg then rigged the auto pots up at start of flower by the time the roots had hit the bottoms of the pots.

Ive also set some up in a 4x8 tent and im loving the ease of them, makes me feel like a right muppet for hand watering all these years lol. Plants also seem to be drinking alot more than i would give them hand watering.

If you were to go down the Coco route, i reckon you could crush it, using the 8L square pots in the single tray systems. especially with the ability for the plants to drink as much as they want in the autopots.
Blazeee is online now Quote