Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seedbay > Does seedbay still exist?

Thread Title Search
Does seedbay still exist? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-09-2018, 04:07 AM #41
Americangrower

Americangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinitelight5D View Post
Are you guys going to go into the rules and process at all?

What kind of percentage will seedbay take when someone vends there?

I saw gypsy mentioned gifting, this can be done?

I presume the vendor handles shipping? Like eBay does

What do you mean by legal cannabis products? Surely I can't sell seeds from Florida and that be considered legal right?
Seeds would be legal to sell there where server is, so yes. No selling buds, oil etc

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=341071
Americangrower is online now Quote

Old 12-09-2018, 01:09 PM #42
PANIKZ
Vendor

PANIKZ has much to be proud ofPANIKZ has much to be proud ofPANIKZ has much to be proud ofPANIKZ has much to be proud ofPANIKZ has much to be proud ofPANIKZ has much to be proud ofPANIKZ has much to be proud ofPANIKZ has much to be proud ofPANIKZ has much to be proud ofPANIKZ has much to be proud ofPANIKZ has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinitelight5D View Post
Are you guys going to go into the rules and process at all?

What kind of percentage will seedbay take when someone vends there?

I presume the vendor handles shipping? Like eBay does

What do you mean by legal cannabis products? Surely I can't sell seeds from Florida and that be considered legal right?
We are in talks about what % will be agreed on, im not sure how it was run before but we are talking about vendor packages , one being a free package option with 50% to us 50% to you the breeder/Seller and that would entail you sending the stock into us we can upload to the site and take care of shipping / distribution , this may help with your question about shipping from Florida..

Then might have 2 more vendor packages with a monthly subscription so 1 might be say £60 a month subscription with a number of products allocated for sale with a smaller % 2 might be £100 a month subscription with more allocated products and small% BUT is down to the seller/breeder to take care of there vendor accounts plus shipping an distributing , like an ebay account yes, 3 different options for people to choose whats best for them, its all still being thought and finalised so bare with it will take some time to get in the swing of things but I have no doubt its going to be great,..

Old 12-09-2018, 01:21 PM #43
Gypsy Nirvana
Free'd P.O.W.

Gypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivor
The idea is that we can either do the shipping and hold the vendors stock for a 50/50 split.

Or - vendors can rent their own shop on the site to do their own bizz (shipping and all) with LEGAL products. - This saves up and coming businesses from having to put up their own website -

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-09-2018, 01:33 PM #44
Stizo

Stizo will become famous soon enough
Wouldn't bid on those Reservoir seeds. I got 50 free and not one germ'd. Those seeds are too old imo.
Stizo is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-09-2018, 01:36 PM #45
PANIKZ
Vendor

PANIKZ has much to be proud ofPANIKZ has much to be proud ofPANIKZ has much to be proud ofPANIKZ has much to be proud ofPANIKZ has much to be proud ofPANIKZ has much to be proud ofPANIKZ has much to be proud ofPANIKZ has much to be proud ofPANIKZ has much to be proud ofPANIKZ has much to be proud ofPANIKZ has much to be proud of
Always worth a try if you get them at a steal, just for a couple if the germ,.. mother that and work that line again,..

Old 12-09-2018, 01:36 PM #46
Gypsy Nirvana
Free'd P.O.W.

Gypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivor
We have heard of a few people getting a result with them still - so we will continue to give them away - or even put them up for auction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizo View Post
Wouldn't bid on those Reservoir seeds. I got 50 free and not one germ'd. Those seeds are too old imo.

Old 12-09-2018, 03:54 PM #47
I wood

I wood has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by PANIKZ View Post
Always worth a try if you get them at a steal, just for a couple if the germ,.. mother that and work that line again,..

I do agree with this but some of the older seeds are just dead in my opinion.
There is no way to know what has a bit of life left until germination is attempted.
After having zero germination on two full packs of fighting Buddha, several freebie packs and two of three world of seeds packs Iím reluctant to purchase any more old seedbay stock.
I did understand they were old and accepted the risk but zero germination was a surprise. I donít blame real gorilla for this as they only took over and helped after the seeds were very old.
I know my technique immediately comes into question so will add that my germ rates on Khmer gold (30%), Luang Prabang (20%) were exactly as expected, with 100% on several other packs.
It was extremely frustrating that new fresher seeds were listed a week after my old seed gamble purchase was made, felt a bit played at that point but I knew the risk going into situation. After those initial orders of older seeds three more orders have been made with nearly 100% germination on everything.
Iím now growing five rare varieties I thought I would only read about thanks to Gypsy and Panikz getting together and for that I am very great full, thank you both.
To summarize, real gorilla seeds is an asset to the community and I appreciate the chance to grow these rare gems.
Buying old seeds is risky but worth it.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-09-2018, 07:46 PM #48
Shmavis
Being-in-the-world

Shmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by I wood View Post
I do agree with this but some of the older seeds are just dead in my opinion.
There is no way to know what has a bit of life left until germination is attempted.
After having zero germination on two full packs of fighting Buddha, several freebie packs and two of three world of seeds packs Iím reluctant to purchase any more old seedbay stock.
I did understand they were old and accepted the risk but zero germination was a surprise. I donít blame real gorilla for this as they only took over and helped after the seeds were very old.
I know my technique immediately comes into question so will add that my germ rates on Khmer gold (30%), Luang Prabang (20%) were exactly as expected, with 100% on several other packs.
It was extremely frustrating that new fresher seeds were listed a week after my old seed gamble purchase was made, felt a bit played at that point but I knew the risk going into situation. After those initial orders of older seeds three more orders have been made with nearly 100% germination on everything.
Iím now growing five rare varieties I thought I would only read about thanks to Gypsy and Panikz getting together and for that I am very great full, thank you both.
To summarize, real gorilla seeds is an asset to the community and I appreciate the chance to grow these rare gems.
Buying old seeds is risky but worth it.
I was thinking about this the other day. I need to start trying to germinate those seeds in my vault that are questionable, even though I was not planning or necessarily wanting to just yet. The longer I wait the less chance thereíll be of possible viability. I have only tried one seed from my order of old Boo seeds, FDís G-Force, and had no luck. Yesterday I started soaking one of FDís Skunk Classic and found it sunk this morning, so hopefully. If it doesnít pop I will continue through that pack until itís gone. After the new year I will start with Dr. Atomicís Thai-Lights as well as Rez freebies, SSSDH x G13. I will share the results.
ß467. I am sitting with a philosopher in the garden; he says again and again ďI know that thatís a treeĒ, pointing to a tree that is near us. Someone else arrives and hears this, and I tell him: ďThis fellow isnít insane. We are only doing philosophy.Ē

― Ludwig Wittgenstein, On Certainty
Shmavis is offline Quote

Old 12-09-2018, 07:56 PM #49
I wood

I wood has disabled reputation
Good luck Shmavis.
Chimeras old seed protocol is worth the effort in my experience.
Invitro and tissue culture are the only other options after that, that I’m aware of.
I started gathering the things needed for invitro in anticipation of some zamal seeds that never materialized. So I ordered some Thunk seeds to try it with.

Old 12-09-2018, 08:22 PM #50
Shmavis
Being-in-the-world

Shmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud of
Thanks, I wood. And best of luck to you too! I used Chimeraís method (well, variation of) on Ancestral Skunk #1 and did have success popping some but had to abandon them due to other things so not sure if they wouldíve actually made it above ground. I hadnít planned on going that route for these old(er) seeds but probably should, thanks for the reminder. Maybe Iíll try half of each pack with my usual method and the other with Chimeraís bleach wash to see if it greatly increases success.

Iím not familiar with the invitro procedure, is there a thread you recommend that explains it?
ß467. I am sitting with a philosopher in the garden; he says again and again ďI know that thatís a treeĒ, pointing to a tree that is near us. Someone else arrives and hears this, and I tell him: ďThis fellow isnít insane. We are only doing philosophy.Ē

― Ludwig Wittgenstein, On Certainty
Shmavis is offline Quote