Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Soil > NC's search!

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
NC's search! Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-05-2018, 02:39 AM #41
Ncali

Ncali is a name known to allNcali is a name known to allNcali is a name known to allNcali is a name known to allNcali is a name known to allNcali is a name known to allNcali is a name known to allNcali is a name known to allNcali is a name known to allNcali is a name known to allNcali is a name known to all
f13 leaning pheno's

These are stringy frosty littler girls, probably the keepers of the run provided potency is decent. They for sure have ultra low yeild so they will never be commercial at all. But so far they look quality, which was the focus of this grow. I suspect by growth patterns, these might be the sativa leaning frost monsters of 'kind effect' I was looking for when I purchased the packs. Still have a pack in the fridge, I have one male with very similar growth characteristics as the green dreads...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	f13 dreads.jpg
Views:	1288
Size:	177.7 KB
ID:	441126 Click image for larger version

Name:	f13 leaner 1.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	441127 Click image for larger version

Name:	f13 leaner 2.jpg
Views:	1245
Size:	150.5 KB
ID:	441128 Click image for larger version

Name:	f13 leaner 3.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	441129
Past Grows:
Ace-
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....=1#post8157739

Ncali is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-05-2018, 02:47 AM #42
Ncali

Ncali is a name known to allNcali is a name known to allNcali is a name known to allNcali is a name known to allNcali is a name known to allNcali is a name known to allNcali is a name known to allNcali is a name known to allNcali is a name known to allNcali is a name known to allNcali is a name known to all
Lastly

Mrs. Cali is the big smoker in the house, most of these grows are to provide her with meds that help her, and recreational material as well to share with friends and fam. It's silly, this war on vegetables. Anyways, the SSSDH is her favorite. It was the first pack of beans we popped when the tent got put back up over a year ago. We actually had another cut that was surprisingly even strong than this one, but alas the mother was lost. Probably for the best, it was electric haze and very uncomfortable medicine, very hardcore racy heart sativa in no pleasent way. Only one other plant has come close to the quality of effect of our current SSSDH. She's loud, proud, hits hard, lasts long, fucks you up then cuddles after. We like her a lot.

La nina smells like rotten tropical fruit, similar to cindy99 "trash" pheno. Both have had a rough go at the spider mites, those are being controlled now by predatory mites... and look fugly.

SSSDH - connoisseur genetics, original release

La Nina - Mr Nice

Thanks for checking these posts out. Dont forget to look at the last page at the bottom for f13 mix phenos and lovely frosted DJ short buds

NC
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	SSSDH.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	196.5 KB
ID:	441131 Click image for larger version

Name:	la nina.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	200.5 KB
ID:	441132
Past Grows:
Ace-

Ncali is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-18-2018, 06:23 PM #43
Miraculous Meds

Miraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant future
Just caught this thread after seeing a few of your posts in the f13 thread. Nice work, thanks for sharing. Did you keep any of the f13 pheno's?
Miraculous Meds is offline Quote

Old 02-18-2018, 09:04 PM #44
Ncali

Hey meds, thanks for checking it out. The f13 had some special plants, of which I think the real string bean green one was an excellent effect, and horrible yield lol (needed to go a few more weeks though, lemon chem rubber smell) and one of the fox tailing with good chunky bud formation, but still blueberry smelling, females was a keeper. Waves of dreamy euphoria type effect, very lovely and no anxiety. l also kept a male with heavy leaf twist mutation, and purple stems. The plants that were large yeilders leaned too blueberry/mellow for me. The prettiest purple frost monster really didn't pan out in effect or terps sadly, great pics though. I have another pack I will search through too.

So I'm finishing up my other thread of ACE plants and crosses, and this thread is on hiatus until that finishes. Up next are more from DJs BBf4 father that was used in the f13 reproduction.

Lineup in Bout 6 weeks time:

Farmers fire x 5 (cherry pie x bbf4)
SSDD x 3 (bohdi seeds)
Granola funk x 4 (GSC x Wookie, bohdi)
Purple Maroc x 1 (Maroc hashplant x erd purt, Female Seeds Co.)

If you like long flower sativa check out the other thread

NC
Past Grows:
Ace-

Last edited by Ncali; 02-19-2018 at 06:15 AM..
Ncali is offline Quote

Old 02-18-2018, 10:13 PM #45
Miraculous Meds

Miraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ncali View Post
Hey meds, thanks for checking it out. The f13 had some special plants, of which I think the real string bean green one was an excellent effect, and horrible yield lol (needed to go a few more weeks though, lemon chem rubber smell) and one of the fox tailing with good chunky bud formation, but still blueberry smelling, females was a keeper. Waves of dreamy euphoria type effect, very lovely and no anxiety. l also kept a male with heavy leaf twist mutation, and purple stems. The plants that were large yeilders leaned too blueberry/mellow for me. The prettiest purple frost monster really didn't pan out in effect or terps sadly, great pics though. I have another pack I will search through too.

So I'm finishing up my other thread of ACE plants and crosses, and this thread is on hiatus until that finishes. Up next are more from DJs BBf4 father that was used in the f13 reproduction.

Lineup in Bout 6 weeks time:

Farmers fire x 5 (cherry pie x bbf4)
SSDD x 3 (bohdi seeds)
Granola funk x 4 (GSC x Wookie, bohdi)
Purple Magic x 1 (Maroc hashplant x erd purt, Female Seeds Co.)

If you like long flower sativa check out the other thread

NC

Thanks for the reply. I cant wait for my little girls to get bigger. I just pulled down a pack of farmers fire. I think your gonna be happy. I haven't had a chance to inspect them closely, but at harvest, they were strong smelling cherries, blueberries, n cookie aroma in the background. Amazing aromas. Cookie type bud formation from my first glance at them from harvy. I got a couple harvest pics Ill try and hunt down later.
Miraculous Meds is offline Quote

Old 09-09-2018, 08:07 AM #46
Lee Majors

Lee Majors will become famous soon enough
F13

Hello NCali :-). I have some f13 seeds from early 2015 and getting ready to start them. How old do you think your seeds where of your F13 originals you did recently?
Lee Majors is offline Quote

Old 12-16-2018, 08:41 AM #47
Ncali

Another Round

/Dust

Let's go.

(My favorite DJ Short f13 selections, ACE panama, g13 haze, Rainbow Driver, and my strongest Golden tiger)♀️ X (f13)♂️

Hopefully we can yield nice buds.... but very many seeds from very variegated f13s would be a huge success.

NC
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20181215_213816.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	479767
Past Grows:
Ace-

Last edited by Ncali; 12-16-2018 at 07:16 PM..
Ncali is offline Quote

Old 12-18-2018, 05:45 AM #48
Ncali

Soil Changes

In the last year I have been doing a lot of work enhancing and enriching my soil recipe. I just recycle soil after a flowering cycle is finished. One day, space permitting, I plan to do some no till beds.

In my experience, an organic medium just has been the best flower & terps to date, and it is so simple a regimen to maintain. One can get fancy with teas and complex recipes and the like,or like me, you can do nearly all water and walk away with buds that have people scratching their heads at what in the hell they've been buying in dispensaries for all previous years. I plan to just keep enhancing my soil game for the future.

My goal is to eventually have almost all locally sourced amendments (within 100mi) that are reasonable in price & procurement without compromising quality of soil. Ideally, I would have it all be sourced in a way that is responsible and sustainable. Malibu Compost is a great example of one of the amendments that checks my boxes for these criteria, and then some. However, not everyone that sells "organic" products have high standards, organic game is wild wild west right now in the USA. So, take all that high and mighty stuff with a grain of salt, because honestly a lot of people in this industry lie like a dog on a rug.

Originally I had started with a FFOF base and amended with kelp,alfalfa, & guano as the soil started to fade. This yielded OK results but I have done some research, listened to podcasts, took a big drink of the Coot-aide.

Current amendments:

Dr Earth Kelp meal
Dr Earth Alfalfa meal
Sunleaves Indonesian Bat Guano
Earthworm castings
Malibu Compost Biodynamic 'bu blend
Neptune's Crab & lobster meal
supomag
Oystershell powder
Great White mycorrhizae inoculations at transplants

coco-coir/perlite/peat moss as needed.

Also doing some Lacto-bacteria culture and some malted barley seed/root powder, shit is magic. Some people get really fancy with aerated tea's and what not, but that's too much work. I have some fish emulsion for the first weeks of veg to give the soil mix a little bacterial primer if its been sitting in the storage box stagnant for too long. And that's it besides water.

Maybe that sounds like a lot. But I have found it to be like a 'set-it-and-forget-it" type of recipe. Maybe more like "shake&bake" because of how much mixing it takes haha. The hard work for me was only in the original build of the soil. Every round I do a little maintenance and amend the soil based on the grow/age and return & mix used soil to a large bin to rest until needed.

I am trying to phase out and use up the remaining Dr Earth and sunleaves, shit's expensive and really does not scale well at all. I'd like to start phasing in better sourced alfalfa and kelp meal, and the compost has enough Phosphorus that I shouldn't need the guano once it's gone.

Next up is the plant selections that I made for this current grow and personal-use seed run!!
Past Grows:
Ace-

Ncali is offline Quote

Old 12-18-2018, 05:53 AM #49
Ncali

Varigations have proven the best quality, so far...

So I was only able to obtain one pack of the last release of original f-13 from DJ. Of those, only 7 sprouted tap roots. Of those, 5 broke ground. Of those, 4 survived seedling stage (one of our cats thinks DJ's work is delcious too) of those 4... 3 have excellent characteristics for what I found to be great markers when I grew the f13 throwbacks. Heavy leaf variegation and purple stems, a like reddish purple hue that's easy to spot...

Of those 3 beautiful plants, 2 are female.

One has a more ...studly .. appearance

Provided he proves to be capable, I hope to stud him out to some of my cuts and some f13 plants. I have two f13 throwback selections, one very "flo" leaning girl and one braided rope looking freak pheno that looks like hell in a jar, smokes like a god damn champ in a joint. So that makes 5 girls that are f13 in relation to the male, and then a few other things that I just think might marry themselves to f13 rather well for starters:

g13-haze: Cause you know, haze hybrids and terps and shit are always awesome

Ace- Panama: Central American sativa hybrid meets HOGxPThai, yes please (I am in love with fine Mexican and Central American weed)

Rainbow Driver: An Archive modern poly-hybrid to see how this male does against one of the current day mash up strains.

Golden Tiger (Chang Mai Thai x Killer Malawi): electric-ass thai hybrid crossed to classic mellow creeper hybrid in the f13, might have a very unique effect... I expect the offspring will look ugly as sin hahaha.

Well, wish me luck IcMag friends!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20181217_194932.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	479908 Click image for larger version

Name:	20181217_194901.jpg
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	479909 Click image for larger version

Name:	20181217_195000.jpg
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	479910
Past Grows:
Ace-

Last edited by Ncali; 12-18-2018 at 06:13 AM..
Ncali is offline Quote

Old 12-28-2018, 02:31 AM #50
Ncali

panama &f13 start of flower

5days into flowering

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20181227_162901.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	480546
Past Grows:
Ace-

Last edited by Ncali; 12-28-2018 at 02:48 AM..
Ncali is offline Quote