What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How many times before CBD works??

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
If some one has never had any cannabis in their life, how many times do they have to take CBD before there is an effect??

The first 10 times I smoked weed, it did nothing, then hit me like a ton of bricks. Want to try on elderly person for extreme pain, and wondering if it will work right away, or require some time to work.

Loc Dog

Veteran
Also, does anyone have dosing recommendations??? It is 10 parts coconut oil to 1 part CBD.

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
CBD should work straight away

Dosage depends on strain and much else

However at 10:1 try 2.5ml as a starter and don't leave them alone for at least 2 hrs

Loc Dog

Veteran
CBD should work straight away

Dosage depends on strain and much else

However at 10:1 try 2.5ml as a starter and don't leave them alone for at least 2 hrs

Holy crap, will have to start growing and making myself if it works.

Was $70 for gram dissolved into 10 grams.

What are extremely high CBD strains????

soil margin

Veteran
Holy crap, will have to start growing and making myself if it works.

Was $70 for gram dissolved into 10 grams.

What are extremely high CBD strains????

ACDC/Cannatonic/Harlequin/Charlotte's Web/R-4/Shark Shock CBD are a few that pop to mind. Most of them are 10% CBD or more.

Loc Dog

Veteran
ACDC/Cannatonic/Harlequin/Charlotte's Web/R-4/Shark Shock CBD are a few that pop to mind. Most of them are 10% CBD or more.

I think those are all clone only strains, so I can not get them. My state has been MMJ for over 8 years, but not implemented, so no dispensaries.

If anyone can recommend auto flowers with almost all CBD, especially from a US seedbank, but will order over seas if I need to, would appreciate it.

Also if there is anywhere I can order CBD oil from, in the USA. I have one supplier I found on E-bay, but pretty expensive.

FYI. The first dose she took, she felt better than she has in awhile, with 1ml of 10:1.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Drop ACE a line, they are working on a very high CBD strain IIRC,

Of the clones I know about, Cannatonic, the "famous cut" is 6:6 .. her offspring from Freeman Dieseltonic has a clone of 7:7, but it is ACDC and/or Harelquin that is 20:1, pretty 1 type ratio, CBD dominant.

soil margin

Veteran
I think those are all clone only strains, so I can not get them. My state has been MMJ for over 8 years, but not implemented, so no dispensaries.

If anyone can recommend auto flowers with almost all CBD, especially from a US seedbank, but will order over seas if I need to, would appreciate it.

Also if there is anywhere I can order CBD oil from, in the USA. I have one supplier I found on E-bay, but pretty expensive.

FYI. The first dose she took, she felt better than she has in awhile, with 1ml of 10:1.

I can't speak as to all the strains I mentioned but I def know Shark Shock CBD is not clone only, as I've bought those seeds from a seedbank in Canada before.

Check out the CBD Crew website, they've got most if not all their seeds up on there. https://cbdcrew.org/seeds/

Here's a CBD autoflower you were asking about. 10-15% CBD
https://cbdcrew.org/varieties/cbd-medgom-auto/

Loc Dog

Veteran
Thanks for the info!!

I am going to post this over in the edibles forum, where I learned to make super potent cookies. Does soy lecithin magnify the strength of CBD??? I know for sure it increases THC effect by a lot.

I bought a syringe of E-bay, and seems to work, but extremely expensive. Found someone selling pure crystals for a more reasonable price. Will try that until I can grow some autoflowers out.

soil margin

Veteran
Thanks for the info!!

Does soy lecithin magnify the strength of CBD??? I know for sure it increases THC effect by a lot.

No problem. Lecithin won't "magnify" the strength of the CBD but it's an emulsifier which means it will help your body absorb/digest/process whatever cannabinoids it's mixed with. So I guess the answer would be no it doesn't "magnify" the strength but it essentially accomplishes the same thing through the emulsification mechanism. Helps you get more cannabinoids in your bloodstream.

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
I bought a syringe of E-bay, and seems to work, but extremely expensive. Found someone selling pure crystals for a more reasonable price. Will try that until I can grow some autoflowers out.

Beware of crystalline CBD ....that's all I'm going to say about it

Loc Dog

Veteran
Does anyone have a recipe for mixing CBD crystals, coconut oil, and soy lecithin?? I want to be sure that the CBD gets evenly distributed throughout the oil. The CBD crystals are from plants grown by Kentucky University, and CO2 extracted by the company selling it, Bluebird.

soil margin

Veteran
Does anyone have a recipe for mixing CBD crystals, coconut oil, and soy lecithin?? I want to be sure that the CBD gets evenly distributed throughout the oil. The CBD crystals are from plants grown by Kentucky University, and CO2 extracted by the company selling it, Bluebird.

Prefer the sunflower lecithin over soy but my recipe would come out to the approx ratio:

6 gram CBD crystals:1 cup coconut oil: 1tbsp lecithin powder.

If I was doing this with flowers I'd still make sure to decarboxylate them but I don't bother to when I'm using extracts and concentrates cause it doesn't seem to make nearly as much of a difference.

Loc Dog

Veteran
Prefer the sunflower lecithin over soy but my recipe would come out to the approx ratio:

If I was doing this with flowers I'd still make sure to decarboxylate them but I don't bother to when I'm using extracts and concentrates cause it doesn't seem to make nearly as much of a difference.

It is pre decarbed at lab. Your recipe gives a perfect 25 mg per ml. I will have 5 grams, so 21 mg per ml.

The syringe I bought was 100 mg per ml, so might go with half cup.

Loc Dog

Veteran

What kind of coconut oil should be used??? I went to store and most was a solid, like ghee or lard. Found one bottle that was liquid. Want to make sure I am using the right stuff.

In my experience, cbd only medicine is good for anti inflammatory purposes. A mix of thc along with cbd will help elevate the dopamine levels to combat the pain.

soil margin

Veteran
What kind of coconut oil should be used??? I went to store and most was a solid, like ghee or lard. Found one bottle that was liquid. Want to make sure I am using the right stuff.

Any brand of coconut oil can be solid or liquid, just depends on the temperature it's being stored at. It will be solid in the 75f and below range. Liquid in the 80f and up range. I usually prefer extra virgin coconut oil from one like uncle bronners, nutiva, aunt patty's,etc. Most of the organic brands are pretty similar in quality from my experience so I just shop based on price.

Loc Dog

Veteran
Any brand of coconut oil can be solid or liquid, just depends on the temperature it's being stored at. It will be solid in the 75f and below range. Liquid in the 80f and up range. I usually prefer extra virgin coconut oil from one like uncle bronners, nutiva, aunt patty's,etc. Most of the organic brands are pretty similar in quality from my experience so I just shop based on price.

A little worried about what I bought. It is always liquid. From Carrington Farms, unflavored, odorless coconut cooking oil. Non-hydrogenated and free of trans fatty acids.

Wonder if the fatty acids are what is needed.

soil margin

Veteran
A little worried about what I bought. It is always liquid. From Carrington Farms, unflavored, odorless coconut cooking oil. Non-hydrogenated and free of trans fatty acids.

Wonder if the fatty acids are what is needed.

Hmmm I found an article of someone complaining about that brand of coconut oil and saying they think it might be low quality.

http://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/why-buying-coconut-oil-at-costco-is-risky-business/

I know people definitely will cut their olive oils and such with cheaper oils so maybe they're doing the same with some coconut now too. I've never seen any coconut oil before that just stayed liquid 100% of the time but I usually only get the fancy more expensive brands from places like Whole Foods, so sounds like whatever you got might possibly be cut with some other oil that doesn't ever go solid. Or maybe it's just a particular batch that was old, rancid, improperly stored? Could possibly be some issue like that.

Loc Dog

Veteran
Hmmm I found an article of someone complaining about that brand of coconut oil and saying they think it might be low quality.

http://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/why-buying-coconut-oil-at-costco-is-risky-business/

I know people definitely will cut their olive oils and such with cheaper oils so maybe they're doing the same with some coconut now too. I've never seen any coconut oil before that just stayed liquid 100% of the time but I usually only get the fancy more expensive brands from places like Whole Foods, so sounds like whatever you got might possibly be cut with some other oil that doesn't ever go solid. Or maybe it's just a particular batch that was old, rancid, improperly stored? Could possibly be some issue like that.

Thanks!!!

It says on label that it stays liquid. It only lists coconut oil as ingredient. It was half the cost of the other coconut oils. I will return and get the other type. Glad to hear that it is 75 degrees that turns it to liquid. Was hot here last week and it was liquid, but got cold so heat is on at 70F so that is why syringe coagulated again.

I am trying to think what the differences were between the other types. Know some was organic.