What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zeke99 PPK thread

zeke99

Seeds planted (tails popped in paper towels) tonight 05/11/17, 10x Nirvana Aurora Indica Feminized

https://www.nirvanashop.com/marijua...ed.html?search_query=aurora+indica&results=43

delta9nxs's Seed grower / Cloner:

https://www.icmag.com/ic//showpost.php?p=7920901&postcount=282

medium is Growstone GS-4:

https://www.growstone.com/about/products/coco-mix/

Fertilizer is, for the time being, Dyna-Gro Foliage-Pro:

https://dyna-gro.com/product/foliage-pro-9-3-6_c/

Temporary veg tent will be set up within the next 48 hours.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

zeke99

Whew what a week! My seedlings have, for all intents and purposes, been in stasis since 5/12. I have had a series of failures and delays. It turns out that the bulb that I bought wasn't compatible with the ballast. And then the heatwave set in, but the window AC unit that I had in storage wouldn't fire up. So I bought a new AC, but then painters were working on the exterior of the building, painting the window frames and I had to wait until tonight to install the new AC. Now I've got everything up and running and nine seedlings.

Last edited:

Mr Blah

Wishing you the best of luck with that painting going on.
Don't forget to throw some pictures up when you get a chance.
:dance013:

Mr Blah

I am responding to a question you asked on D's thread.
I think that pump has a 1/2" barb (other side thread into pump) that you can put the vinyl tubing on and from there go to site.

If you have to have Good Year for a long span or... I think the vinyl hose can fit into the good yr hose and with out a clamp, should be enough (if jammed in far enough) to seal it water tight.
I know for a fact the stiff ridged 1/2" black tuning can for a transition.

zeke99

I think that pump has a 1/2" barb (other side thread into pump) that you can put the vinyl tubing on and from there go to site.

If you have to have Good Year for a long span or... I think the vinyl hose can fit into the good yr hose and with out a clamp, should be enough (if jammed in far enough) to seal it water tight.

What I plan to do is use goodyear hose for the return lines and 1/2" vinyl tubing for the pump lines & drip ring. Stealing form idea from Globule.

Mr Blah

What I plan to do is use goodyear hose for the return lines and 1/2" vinyl tubing for the pump lines & drip ring. Stealing form idea from Globule.
There you go! Got a plan:woohoo:

Just use the step bit in the bottom buckets a little smaller than the hose and shove it in. It'll seal..
They grow fast.
If you plan on vegging them before flower; don't wait to long as what I found out after 2 months of vegging the roots start coming through the tail pipe. At least mine did.

Speed of green

The t's are from home depot, just barbed t's that fit inside the goodyear hose, they were in the drip irrigation section. i believe they are 1/2" but i cant remember, i would measure for you but this system isnt at my house.

They were pretty expensive $3-4 each i think. you could probably go somewhere like grainger or a landscape supply house and save a couple bucks.

zeke99

The t's are from home depot, just barbed t's that fit inside the goodyear hose, they were in the drip irrigation section. i believe they are 1/2" but i cant remember, i would measure for you but this system isnt at my house.

They were pretty expensive $3-4 each i think. you could probably go somewhere like grainger or a landscape supply house and save a couple bucks.

TY!

Day 18:

Plan is to erect the larger tent and transplant on Friday.

Mr Blah

The barbed fittings are in the plumbers isle at HD at least at the two near me are. 1/2".
I don't use zip ties to secure them but have had to on a few that have should signs of leaking.

zeke99

The plan has changed a little bit as D9 and A8VOR have explained that 1/4" tubing can still be used for the return lines in smaller systems such as what I am going to build.

The mag500 arrived today and indeed it does have a 1/2" barb.

So to sum up, it looks like Volume tank ---> 1/4" tubing ---> float valve / control / pump tank ---- 1/4" tubing ---> bottom buckets and 1/2" tubing ---> circular pump lines with a halo for each plant site.

The late Spring weather has been rather cool here and I am venting air from the tent out the window using the window fittings that one would get with a "portable air conditioner". The window AC compressor hasn't been used for a couple of weeks. Leaf surface temps. have generally ranged from 75f to 80f (light on) and 70f to 73f (light off). A humidifier in the room has maintained an RH range of 55% to 65%.

zeke99

So it's time for an update. It took more time than I had hoped and I still have to put together the pulse feed loop, but the plants were finally transplanted last night.

I purchased the wrong size tent and had to immediately ship it back. I decided to set the plants up openly in the room so that I could see how big they would get through the end of one complete grow and then for the fall and beyond, will select a tent that fits them, instead of fitting the plants to the size of a tent. I've never grown this exact strain before. I built a light hanging stand out of PVC and attempted to build one for the exhaust fan and carbon filter as well, but that was a failure.

The air gap is set at roughly 4" for now. I filled the tailpiece with Growstone GS-2. Fertilizer is Jack's 5-12-26 and Calcium nitrate. Medium is Growstone GS-4. Buckets are 2 gallon. 1/4" tubing for the return line and 1/2" tubing for the pump and pulse. Two seedlings are still in the solo cups with wicks. I might keep them in small containers if it looks like they won't get in the way of others. Haven't decided as of yet. Lamp is a 1000w General Electric BT56 metal hallide.

the best seedling:

volume and pump/control tanks:

zeke99

I am having some trouble controlling the temperature so I might have to order a replacement tent right away after all.

The loopified, wave pulse feed system is complete.

Hydrofarm 1/2" tubing, 1/2" Tee's and Elbows from a hydro store, 1/2" ball valves from Home Depot or Lowes (I can't remember which), a Mag-Drive 500 and a brass barb fitting from Lowes that screwed onto to the Mag-Drive outlet thus allowing the 1/2" tubing to be attached. Now delivering 1 quart every two hours.

I held on to my Sentinel DRT-1 from a years ago.

zeke99

For anyone that is using 1/2" hydrofarm tubing and Tees to form a wave pulse loop, are there any problems with leaks? I have a loop in the middle of the plants, on the floor and tee for each plant site. There is a slight leak at each Tee, as a result of pump firing. I will first attempt to solve the leaks with cable ties.

Mr Blah

My guess would be a restriction in the drip ring..not enough holes.
Cable ties do help, two on each barb. My rings are about 12 long with 12 holes delivering a quart from the 185 gph pump on each site.

My vegging 12 bucket system with one 1200gph mag drive pump has large store bought halo rings and they have 54 holes each. I get a trickle out of each one. I dont think it is giving me a quart so that is next on my things to do. I got to make some to restrict some of the flow.

Hope that helps:biggrin:

Latest posts

Latest posts