What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The salted coconut ....

C

c64

Howdy. :)

Today I have time to answer.

Your calculation is correct.
Now you know how to calculate the concentration and dosage the salts by weight. You can now calculate your own preferred NPK ratios.
Your carbonate hardness is in the frame. My dH value is the unit for German hardness.

To increase the PK ratio in fertilizer salts, you can use Yara KRISTA MKP. Mono-potassium phosphates (52% phosphate, 34% potassium). The additional dosage is dependent on the plant tolerance. I do not give more than 4g / 10L. Consider 10g / 10L MKP increases the EC value by 0.68.

You calculate the NPK ratio,
Example: You have a concentration of 3 - 5 - 10
Then the ratio to nitrogen = 1 - 1.6 - 3.3 (3/3 - 5/3 - 10/3)
This is by the way a good NPK ratio for the flowering.

With this fertilizer (brown), which has such a high potassium content, I have unfortunately no experiences. You must collect your own experience with it.

Some forum members use Jacks 5-12-26, this has a better NPK ratio opposite brown and there is lots of information about it. For you, maybe this is an alternative to brown?

Last edited:

Snydgrow

@c64

Yes I see glad I'm on the right track now it's time to make the switch :D

Where can I purchase the Jacks from online anywhere? Also I'd still use calcinit with this all the time?

Thanks for your reply.

Snydgrow

C

c64

Perhaps you can get it via Amazon, or visit the jacks homepage. Should be listed his seller in your area.
jrpeters.com

Local nurseries (commercial) often also sell fertilizer salts in the form of 25 kg bags.

Yes you use 5-12-26 always with calcinit. Stir the salts one by one into your water barrel.

If you have strong plants, which have very thick flowers, you can use additionally the MKP in the last flowering period.

Example of an application dosing would be:
1g / 10L calcinite (1.55-0- 0)
3g / 10L jacks (1.5-3.6-7.8)
2g / 10L MKP (0-10.4-6.8)

Total Concentration = 3 - 14 - 15
NPK ratio = 1 - 5 - 5

So if you want to use 80 liters of nutrient solution.
You need 8g Calcinit, 24g Jacks and 16g MKP.
Using nutrient salts and their application is very simple and uncomplicated.

In the Jacks 5-12-26 threads there are many dosage examples.

Last edited:
C

c64

flowering, day 21

flowering, day 21

Many stems I have broken. The plants show powerful height growth.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Snydgrow

@c64 have looked up on jacks seems only to be able to purchase in the USA not uk or Europe?

That's why originally was looking at Yara brown maybe some other salt brands available in UK/ Europe you could reccomend?

Plants look super healthy I always find the supercropped buds yield more then the ones not supercropped what you think. Your room is always a joy to see keep the pics coming we can all learn from you :)

Snydgrow

C

c64

It grows again very wild and chaotic, like the last time. A real jungle in the house. Bend and crack the necks break....

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

N

noyd666

c64 great show you have there, must look trop seeds up.having some fun with stretching myself at moment.

Phases

C64 - nice work!

Everything looks like it's coming along nicely. Just wanted to pop on over and say hey.

Still keeping an eye on your grow. Keep up the good work!!

Old Toker

Man C64....your pics are so beautiful that its almost sad to know they're going to be harvested. Almost sad. Great pics and plants Brother!:tiphat:

C

c64

some headz, flowering day 46

some headz, flowering day 46

Oops ... :whee:
No no, they only understand elvish : )

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

C

c64

the biggest one

the biggest one

Left: The original Tumble Trimmer (16" ~40cm)
Right: Large 24" (60cm) Bowl trimmer

The original trimmer is good, but has a too small usable area and a non-transparent cover.

The quality of the 24" trimmer makes a stable and robust impression. The heart of the trimmer, the mechanical gearbox, is firmly installed and works very directly.
Let's see how the end product looks. It will be tested in a few days.
I am very confident... :)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Snydgrow

Looking good c64 :D what are you feeding at this stage also do you flush? Never used the bowl trimmers be good to see how you get on.

Keep up the good work

Snydgrow