Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seedbay > everyone who has experience with rez "chemdog DD or "strawberry diesel"

Thread Title Search
everyone who has experience with rez "chemdog DD or "strawberry diesel" Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-22-2016, 12:55 AM #11
Maxxxsteele

Maxxxsteele will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJXX View Post
wassup maxxx..hey look at the link in my signature....i have a ChemSour pheno that rocks in the thread...its full of SD IBL crosses i made..i have his DSD, SourKush, and 06 SD IBL and 2010 SD IBL...you are right his stuff was fire back then....though he has lost his rep now...DJXX
below are pics of the ChemSour(Chem D IBL X SD IBL) i made a couple years ago..they are the same cut
View Image
View Image
WOW! Those pics of your creations are stunning. I myself (back a while) did some work with the SD ibl l. And, that's why I am hopeful that my seeds are still viable. Because, I know as I know you do, these strains are not only very good but can def. breed WELL. I only hope that I can find some more gems to add to this forum and my lucky local friends and family.
Maxxxsteele is offline Quote

Old 10-22-2016, 12:58 AM #12
Maxxxsteele

Quote:
Originally Posted by 944s2 View Post
Well said maxxxsteele,,,,
the og work he did was FIRE ,,,,,
maybe his karma was ok before he turned Filthy Rat..

Old 11-02-2016, 02:34 PM #13
RulaTone

RulaTone is a glorious beacon of lightRulaTone is a glorious beacon of lightRulaTone is a glorious beacon of lightRulaTone is a glorious beacon of lightRulaTone is a glorious beacon of lightRulaTone is a glorious beacon of lightRulaTone is a glorious beacon of lightRulaTone is a glorious beacon of lightRulaTone is a glorious beacon of lightRulaTone is a glorious beacon of lightRulaTone is a glorious beacon of light
chemDD first release was a gem for sure..
i first met her at ITA cannabis cup 2010-2011 if i remember..
user called Jare had some with himself, it was the very first time i smoked a "one hitter quitter" bud...high was unreal..and flavor too, rich and layered...i cant describe as i never tried chemD or SourD clone onlys...but trust me it was one of the finest herbs i ever tried...

He brought her to f4 or f5 i think, he gave me some f2 seeds to try...plants grew with a sourD viney skeleton but with beefy chemmy leafs and stronger branches..i remember doing bho out of her and it was blood red and almost unsmokable, many people described it as scary..i felt like my dorsal spine had been removed !

the most crazy thing were thricome density and size...this pic explain well:
Name:  c96a4b9ce15bb47e751677e18d919447_269997.jpg
Views: 629
Size:  7.2 KB

In the f2s purple calyxes started to come out, i think its interesting as i believe its some recessive trait from parents
Click image for larger version

Name:	user33120_pic637786_1301404031.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	384303

Name:	user33120_pic637781_1301403828.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	158.4 KB
ID:	384304

Unfortunately is a while since Jare didnt log in, i really hope one day he come back with this incredible genetics, he opened my eyes!!!
i hope posting his pics doesnt offend him, its clear all the credit goes to him!

As for Strawberry Diesel, i dont remember if i did the DSD or the StrawD, anyway she grew much fatter, with way less stretch and a strong structure. She became progressively purple later in flowering and she had super fat and bright orange hairs..
Flavor is a dominated by sour and honestly i never felt any strawberry, more a sweet/musky sourness...
high to me is on the couchlock side, very relaxing and introspective, almost the opposite of the DD...
this is the only crappy pic i have, she was in a bag so came out a bit pressed, but you can see the orange hairs and purple coloring

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-02-2016, 02:38 PM #14
RulaTone

RulaTone is a glorious beacon of lightRulaTone is a glorious beacon of lightRulaTone is a glorious beacon of lightRulaTone is a glorious beacon of lightRulaTone is a glorious beacon of lightRulaTone is a glorious beacon of lightRulaTone is a glorious beacon of lightRulaTone is a glorious beacon of lightRulaTone is a glorious beacon of lightRulaTone is a glorious beacon of lightRulaTone is a glorious beacon of light

Name:	user33120_pic269997_1263527889.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	384305

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-10-2016, 06:56 AM #15
rootfingers
buried beneath the soil

rootfingers is a jewel in the roughrootfingers is a jewel in the roughrootfingers is a jewel in the roughrootfingers is a jewel in the roughrootfingers is a jewel in the roughrootfingers is a jewel in the roughrootfingers is a jewel in the rough
Dang, you are asking about a few that are legendary in my eyes. I acquired some of the first batch of Strawberry Diesel waaay back when they were rolling off the line and the pack I popped had a plant the likes of which I am still hunting today. I tried to share her with everyone I could but the situation back in the day is not how it is now and genetics were lost in "unfriendly" areas just based on the lack of trust and scruples between growers. Bummer as hell. Look up the "Very Berry" pheno in some of the old threads here. She had everything - grew like a champ and had great yield. Her excellent flavor was very prominent to the last hit of the bowl and even her resin tasted good for fucks sake. She had that rare oil texture that causes dry herb to stick to the inside of a baggy. Her yield was very good and was an easy grower but loved the extra week or 2 (I took her 80). Her high was crazy strong and sharp as fuck, it hit hard and on several levels. I loved her so much I bought another pack but suspect the second release was not as good as the first. Part of the problem with the way Rez did things I presume. All in all, I've popped several versions of Straw Deez and crosses but none came close to the original. If you have a pack from way back when and it truly is first release, please, for the love of god, do an open pollination and get that shit conserved.

Chem DD - I had one pack that I lucked into when lurking seedbay was a thing I did on Friday nights. Gave the beans to a friend of a friend (generous, I know) hoping to get a cut of any keeper back from him. He came through and gave me a cut (he didn't otherwise back up the donor plant) and I lost her after running it only once. She was a finicky rooter. The herb from that plant though, some of the best I've had. It had a fruity as fuck sweet-tart nose on the front and a greasy thick fuel note on the back end. Tasted exactly like the smell. She grew lanky and finicky with spindly branches and foxtailing herbs. The high was definitely on the sativa side of things and she was very potent.

I wish to god I still had either of these strains. All the best in your preservation project. I hope it keeps these crosses alive.
rootfingers is offline Quote

Old 11-17-2016, 08:18 AM #16
Maxxxsteele

Yes sir

Old 01-03-2017, 02:34 PM #17
mtncolas

mtncolas will become famous soon enough
Hey Max, you have the best strain ever in the dd. I made ddix for freebies in 2012 for seedbay.I have taken her to f3 and many crosses. Please make as many beans as possible, so we don't loose this remarkable strain, and consider me for a pack or two,yeah even I have my own would love to have more, it's that good.Don't care much for fruity strains like strawberry d, especially a after you smoke the chem double d.
mtncolas is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-03-2017, 05:55 PM #18
Samson420

Samson420 is a jewel in the roughSamson420 is a jewel in the roughSamson420 is a jewel in the roughSamson420 is a jewel in the roughSamson420 is a jewel in the roughSamson420 is a jewel in the rough
I ended up with 30 beans of your DDIX. safe in the vault! gonna pop a few in 2017 for sure! thanks Mtncolas for making these available as freebies! very happy to have them!

happy new year!

s-
Samson420 is offline Quote

Old 01-03-2017, 07:40 PM #19
mtncolas

mtncolas will become famous soon enough
Thanks Sampson, yeah buddy better germ them, killer plants to be found, I popped a few recently,have two keepers,also be aware they are not the most stable genetics.We need to get everyone with chem double d beans together for a preservation project.
mtncolas is offline Quote

Old 01-04-2017, 11:32 PM #20
Maxxxsteele

Well, my brothers and sisters. The long awaited question has been answered. Understand, that the very first release of Chemdog DD (which is what I have) was December of 2007. And, in that time they have been in the refrigerator then the freezer. And, I was very unsure if what I heard about long term freezer storage was true or not. Mind you, most people told me I had NO CHANCE of of success. Well, all but two have popped and I will keep everyone informed on progress. Still have a whole pack left. That means lots of phenotypes of this once thought lost uber strain. mtncolas and anyone else interested, it will take a while. But, stay tuned.........

8 members found this post helpful.