Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > Marijuana News > Calaveras County Has Screwed Over Every Legal Grower

Thread Title Search
Calaveras County Has Screwed Over Every Legal Grower Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2018, 11:29 PM #261
gotnoname

gotnoname has a spectacular aura aboutgotnoname has a spectacular aura aboutgotnoname has a spectacular aura aboutgotnoname has a spectacular aura about
Not from your area but always good to know how the scene is in other places...

Keep on posting...
gotnoname is offline Quote

Old 01-01-2019, 06:33 PM #262
calaveras

calaveras is a jewel in the roughcalaveras is a jewel in the roughcalaveras is a jewel in the roughcalaveras is a jewel in the roughcalaveras is a jewel in the roughcalaveras is a jewel in the roughcalaveras is a jewel in the rough
Happy new year to all from the California sierra foothills. The 2018 season is all wrapped up and bagged. Outdoor harvest was blessed by good weather except for one storm and mold problems were few. Trim work was scarce with the ban in place but still available for farms that ignored the ban. They are still out there but keeping a very low profile lest they suffer the watchful eye of Sheriff DeBasilio. 2018 goes down as the year of the pot-copter
Calaveras conspiracy theory= 2015 the butte fire fries 70,000 acres. 2016 Calaveras county supervisors approve a temporary marijuana growing ordnance. Land prices for burnt difficult or impossible to sell land double with the influx of new farmers looking to set up a legal grow site. Growers spend lots of money setting up infrastructure of grow sites giving a financial windfall to support businesses in addition to fire recovery workers. after 2 years most fire recovery efforts are done[ millions of dead standing trees still standing.] Calaveras supervisors ban commercial growing after 2 years , growers land prices drop like a rock to their true value for burnt land and they leave the area for greener pastures and foreclosures rise.
Some people think commercial hemp will rescue their plans to sell their overpriced real estate but I always thought of hemp as a big acreage crop like corn better suited to flatland where mechanical harvesters can be used. There is not a lot of flatland here in the mountains. They talk about CBD's and stuff but is there really that much CBD in hemp? All we need up here to ruin our 6 plant personal
sinsemilla harvest is acres of hemp pollen wafting by.
The big lawsuit by growers against the county has been delayed a few months.
This all started a couple of years ago as how Calaveras county has screwed registered growers ...... and it has not stopped yet. Happy 2019, just don't grow commercially here
calaveras is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-16-2019, 05:10 PM #264
calaveras

calaveras is a jewel in the roughcalaveras is a jewel in the roughcalaveras is a jewel in the roughcalaveras is a jewel in the roughcalaveras is a jewel in the roughcalaveras is a jewel in the roughcalaveras is a jewel in the rough
A interesting development since the commercial growing ban was enacted in 2018. Businesses that closed in 2016 and people who got in registered legal operations are now re-opening their former businesses. A local cafe recently reopened after being closed during the marijuana years 2016-2018. While standing in line at the grocery store I talked to a building contractor who was taking on new jobs. Same for road and heavy equipment work. The opposite situation is happening for the proliferation of garden supply/grow stores. County supervisors are going to re-visit the marijuana topic later this year but people I talk to are generally glad they are gone. Most of the high visibility greenhouses have their covers removed or in tatters. The lawsuit from registered growers is put off for a few months.
UNABASHED PLUG FOR CALAVERAS TOURISM FOLLOWING: Calaveras county is a great place to visit, just 3 hours from the bay area and we have a lot to offer for all tastes. We have the incredible redwood groves of big trees park, 3 different caves to explore, skiing in winter, hundreds of miles of mountain bike, hiking and horse trails. The fishing is decent for Cali. 3 well stocked dispensaries. Murphys has wine tasting and restaurants that range from upscale gourmet to casual and baja fish tacos. Big name concerts at Ironstone for those who don't mind traffic. Speaking of traffic, we consider traffic 3 cars in front of you at a stop sign as heavy traffic up here except for concert at Ironstone days. The cops are fairly cool as long as you don't act like an idiot. Stop by the Angels Camp visitors center for a free discount card good at restaurants and other businesses.

Old 02-09-2019, 12:06 AM #265
calaveras

The Calaveras county supervisors recently voted to refund formerly registered growers $1000.00 each. Other grower lawsuits against the county are going forward.
Other marijuana news is slow this time of year, one indoor 600 plant bust powered by a generator. Plant count usually includes small cuttings to bulk up numbers.
I recently made my first visit to a local dispensary to buy some seeds for the upcoming season. The doorman asked if I had a medical card. I thought California was all recreational but apparently Calaveras county is able to stipulate that all dispensary customers must still have a medical recommendation . The doorman gave me a card of some online doctor that can give a prescription in 20 minutes for $39.00. I said there is no need for more of that silliness. There are plenty of other places to get some seeds.

Old 03-12-2019, 05:49 PM #266
calaveras

It aint over until the fat rastafarian sings. Recently Calaveras county supervisors decided to "revisit " the commercial regulated cannabis farm issue. They are not in a big hurry but the issue is still out there. They are talking about a ban on hemp farming also. Hemp farming would definitely screw over any sinsemilla farmer within a mile or so. I don't know if you could find any place in the county where nobody is growing a mile from any other farmers other than the high country which is currently buried in snow.
I recently made a trip to the bay area in search for a few clones and some new seeds for this season after being turned away from a local dispensary because I don't have a medical card. I got a bit of sticker shock after paying the 33% tax . The government is going to drive the whole scene underground with their greed. 33%..... really?

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-13-2019, 02:30 AM #267
Crazy Chester

Crazy Chester is a jewel in the roughCrazy Chester is a jewel in the roughCrazy Chester is a jewel in the roughCrazy Chester is a jewel in the roughCrazy Chester is a jewel in the roughCrazy Chester is a jewel in the roughCrazy Chester is a jewel in the rough
"The government is going to drive the whole scene underground with their greed. 33%..... really?"

I hear you, calaveras. Luckily, if you can sidestep the feds, the change in the CA penal code means a first or even second offender faces no more than a misdemeanor charge and no possible jail time - even if you cultivated, possessed or sold millions of pounds of cannabis!

Talk about the greedy CA legislatures putting out the welcome sign for everyone to get into the black market!
Crazy Chester is offline Quote

Old 04-23-2019, 04:09 PM #268
calaveras

The all wise and powerful Calaveras county supervisors continue to review and discuss future cannabis policy. They are talking about a limited number of 100 or so registered growers who were previously in good standing with the 2016-2018 regs. Talk is minimum 40 acre parcels but allowing growers to combine adjacent parcels or allowing more than one farmer per site. Also previously registered growers on smaller parcels would be allowed to re- locate to a larger property.
Most of the growers who were new transplants to the area in 2016 have moved on to greener pastures leaving the "locals" behind . Many are hopeful that commercial farming would be allowed once more and they are not pushing new grows until legalized again. I really thought commercial growing was over last year but it could very well return. As is in all of California marijuana for profit is for the big players with lots of $ to invest. I just wish the supervisors would just allow a simple vote up or down on the issue to ALL residents of the county and not let the decision be left to 5 people.
The local busts lately are typical, A few greenhouses and a Asian grow house or 2.
Currently only 6 indoor plants is allowed legally but everyone breaks that rule with 6 or so outdoors which keeps most people and friends supplied . This is the dumbest rule when we live in one of the best growing areas in a state known for producing quality bud. At least the cops don't seem to mess with small personal grows unless you get their attention. It is a huge waste of electricity also for greenie types.
P.S. Long live the guerrilla grower

Old 04-24-2019, 04:59 AM #269
Crazy Chester

Crazy Chester is a jewel in the roughCrazy Chester is a jewel in the roughCrazy Chester is a jewel in the roughCrazy Chester is a jewel in the roughCrazy Chester is a jewel in the roughCrazy Chester is a jewel in the roughCrazy Chester is a jewel in the rough
Once Calaveras gets its head out of its ass, they should do it right this time. Calaveras County residents only! If the big out of county conglomerates want to get in they should be forced to buy out a local grower.
Crazy Chester is offline Quote

Old 04-24-2019, 08:53 PM #270
Lyfespan

Lyfespan is a splendid one to beholdLyfespan is a splendid one to beholdLyfespan is a splendid one to beholdLyfespan is a splendid one to beholdLyfespan is a splendid one to beholdLyfespan is a splendid one to beholdLyfespan is a splendid one to beholdLyfespan is a splendid one to beholdLyfespan is a splendid one to beholdLyfespan is a splendid one to beholdLyfespan is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Chester View Post
Once Calaveras gets its head out of its ass, they should do it right this time. Calaveras County residents only! If the big out of county conglomerates want to get in they should be forced to buy out a local grower.
county should demand a local mailing address, and only them, inviting others only weakens the emerging economy. local infrastructure to start then introduce outsiders by way of taxation.

this model allows for money to actually stay in the county

not selling tax breaks for things in communities like fucking amazon, they give shit to the community, only promises, followed by excuses on why they CANT be kept
Lyfespan is offline Quote