What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Guide to Fishsticks

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Birds of a feather and all...

I noticed something funny yesterday. I was sitting by the waterfall smoking a jay of LA Conf, when I noticed two birds hanging out together. A little brown bird, and a taller red headed bird. They always perched together, on the tomato cage, then the cable wire, then they flew off together.

I always thought birds just flocked with their own.......

The weed made me notice

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
I get curious what seeds priced @$300 produce.

Since a lot of “elites” have been found from bagseed I am curious too :biggrin:

With the crazy market out West it seems like the ones with the biggest hype game will make the most money....not necessarily the best cannabis but the latest and greatest everyone is looking for. East Coast for the win on that.

After networking and learning how everything works in this community I am convinced I can always have top-shelf medicine w/o spending another cent on seeds. That being said....my limit is $100/pack unless for a charity auction.

I do keep a fund for beans and now am patient enough to wait until something comes along that is a good deal and works for my small garden and future plans

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I noticed something funny yesterday. I was sitting by the waterfall smoking a jay of LA Conf, when I noticed two birds hanging out together. A little brown bird, and a taller red headed bird. They always perched together, on the tomato cage, then the cable wire, then they flew off together.

I always thought birds just flocked with their own.......

The weed made me notice

Birds can have different colors for the males and females. Look at cardinals. The male is red and the female is brown.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Since a lot of “elites” have been found from bagseed I am curious too :biggrin:

With the crazy market out West it seems like the ones with the biggest hype game will make the most money....not necessarily the best cannabis but the latest and greatest everyone is looking for. East Coast for the win on that.

After networking and learning how everything works in this community I am convinced I can always have top-shelf medicine w/o spending another cent on seeds. That being said....my limit is $100/pack unless for a charity auction.

I do keep a fund for beans and now am patient enough to wait until something comes along that is a good deal and works for my small garden and future plans

Bag seed can result in great weed some times, but if that "one" seed was never grown out by some one... Not every one that smokes (cannabis end consumers) will grow out seeds they find in weed.

If I find any seeds in super good weed, I assume there is a chance that seed might be just as good.

Speaking of seeds I need to make a couple of shaker boxes/screens. Got a bunch of seeds I need to remove from the plant matter (looks like bags of shake and seeds a.t.m.). Will have the need for a future continued use with cleaning other seeds harvests.

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
it is noticably hotter up near the ceiling compared to head height ! i noticed that last night sitting trimming , i couldn't reach the ceiling to touch it , but it was seriously hot compared to rest of the room .

does a mini split even recirculate the air ??? the condensor unit is outside ..... i'm cluless when it comes to this shit .

Yes a mini recirculates air. It draws the warm air across the evaporator coil removing the heat and then blows it back in the room. Just like any other ac works.
The reason attics have insulation above the ceiling instead of at the rafters is to slow down the infiltration of hot air.
The new homes with encapsulated attics that have the foamed attics do not have insulation on the ceilings. The attics have to be conditioned with a supply and return from the hvac system. If the attic is not conditioned the heat will build and make its way through the ceiling and you'll wonder why you high efficiency home won't keep cool.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I just came to a stop light that was a double left turn. In the lane next to me was a guy with his arm out the window. On the back of the forearm was a tattoo that said Ford. I could help but notice he was driving a Chevy.

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Nope. I said it is (currently) set to 64. That is only for the last week of flower to simulate cool fall temps.
First three weeks I keep it 83ish and I keep my veg room about the same year round.
Basically with the flower room I start out hot and humid and back it down throughout the cycle.
Oh the joy of not running perpetual in this spot. Love it.

Sweet, sounds good to me.

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Yes a mini recirculates air. It draws the warm air across the evaporator coil removing the heat and then blows it back in the room. Just like any other ac works.
The reason attics have insulation above the ceiling instead of at the rafters is to slow down the infiltration of hot air.
The new homes with encapsulated attics that have the foamed attics do not have insulation on the ceilings. The attics have to be conditioned with a supply and return from the hvac system. If the attic is not conditioned the heat will build and make its way through the ceiling and you'll wonder why you high efficiency home won't keep cool.

Check out the big brain on Brad. :biggrin:

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
It is 75 degrees out and 82% humidity. This sucks because I need to get the cbanana down and it has been running to humid to chop. I can turn on a dehumidifier but then it would be to hot in the day. This really sucks.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
it's just plain hot here...still waiting for the cooler stand to get fabricated and get that brand new mastercool taking up all the space on the back porch up on the roof and working...nothing but high 90's for the next week...

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran

yeah my guy explained that all to me today & showed me the vents into the unit .

yeah its an old garage , the attic space has mostly plywood on the floors & some insulation between the rock & the plywood , but theres alot missing , especially right over my veg room & where the AC head is mounted . you can feel the heat just penetrating from that side . he said it might effect the internal thermostat on the head & might make it run longer because its reading higher temps than the rest of the room . might have to go up & throw some insulation down in that area .
but the windows open & i have a box fan blowing the hot air out . made a difference in just an hour .
sealed up every hole in the lung room & put door sweeps on both doors exiting the lung room .

Unc ..... my flower room isn't my main concern , that room runs dead on what my lung room runs at lights off & only jumps 5 degrees over the temps in my lung at lights on . now venting the flower room into the lung brings the lung up 5 to 7 degrees at lights on which is great imho ! only 7 degrees hotter with 6 lights burning at 600watts ..... i can deal with that !!! now i just have to get the AC in the lung to keep it around 75 during the heat of the day & when the lights kick on at night .
was 73 in there right before lights on & was 79.4 when i left which was about 2hrs after the lights came on .
i'm getting there , every little change brings it down a couple degrees !
he tested the temps coming from the head & into the head & there was a good 10 degree difference , the temps coming out were 62 .... he thinks he can get it down to the mid 50's , if so .... that should make a difference .

whats your thoughts Joe ?

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
We are having some wind here.
It blew the Panda off my light dep at 730 pm. I just left it off till tomorrow evening.

New development here today. New grow and possible breeders. We received the seeds I bought for my older son for taking out and sawing up a large dead pine in the orchard.
He selected Durban Magic from SOA. I offered him the enclosed grow spot I ran outdoors last year, and he has already cleaned it up, and installed a sawn bench he made from pine tree, complete with a raised rolling spot on the end.

He will be tilling in a couple wheel barrows of organic Llama pucky. These are standard seeds, and he wants me to do some crosses with them.