in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Soil > ALL ABOUT BONSAI MOMS/MUMS

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
ALL ABOUT BONSAI MOMS/MUMS Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-03-2006, 11:46 AM #41
Dreamscape

Dreamscape will become famous soon enough
AWESOME !!! Its funny how things can fall into place sometimes in a way that seems beyond "coincidence" ... I just posted a thread a few days ago asking about info on Bonsai moms and then *BAM* I see this one ...

Thanks Guerilla and thanks to Oldtimer1 ...

Last edited by Dreamscape; 08-03-2006 at 11:48 AM..
Dreamscape is offline Quote

Old 08-03-2006, 06:22 PM #42

glad to hear it helped dreamscape. good luck with it.

guerilla

Old 08-04-2006, 10:39 PM #43
stretchpuppy

Kick ass, thanks for sharing!

Old 08-05-2006, 07:24 AM #44

No Problem Stretch. If anyone has used this guide to make some bonsai moms of your own, Id love to hear about it and see some pics. Take care.

guerilla

Last edited by guerilla1018; 08-05-2006 at 10:31 AM..

Old 08-16-2006, 11:41 PM #45
OG Royal Grower

Thumbs up

Impressive shit man A+
Peace,
OGRG

Old 08-17-2006, 01:52 PM #46
Hissin Appi

Hissin Appi is on a distinguished road
First of all, a big thx to everyone who has contributed to this thread! I have been growing for some months now and my first crop is getting ready... about 30d to go I think. I'm growing POK Kush x Citral and Snow White (600w+400w HPS, pic)

So, my next plan is to start working on some motherplants. I have 2 Papaya cuttings and I'm going to plant the other as my first mom. (Must say the root-trimming tips were really helpful!) Second mom will be a cross called Bling Bling, breeded by a guy from the Finnish hemp-forum. It's Chronic x G13 bx IX1. (If this cross seems successful, I'm hoping to keep one mom for years.)

I have a few tips/points on taking the cuttings, that my "guru" friends have given me. I'm not sure if this concerns more of the hydro-growers than soil, since the cuttings are planted into rockwoll using this technique.
What I do after snipping the cutting from the motherplant:
Take a 10l/2-3gl bucket filled with water and place the cutting in the water so that the "rooting part" of the stem is under water. After this I cut the surface again with a razorblade (under water), just above the first cut, and then stick it in to a rockwool cube (still under water).
After this proceed as usual. (shoplight, bag for "greenhouse effect" etc.)

What I've been told, is that this technique prevents air bubbles from getting into the stems hollow "channel" (or what would be a proper word?)

Just my 2 cents. Thanks once more to Oldtimer and 1018, this thread really made my life easier!
Hissin Appi is offline Quote

Old 08-18-2006, 01:05 AM #47

Very glad to hear it helped. If you can Id love to see a pic of the mom/moms when you get em going. Best of luck with her

guerilla

Old 08-18-2006, 08:43 AM #48

i dont understand this thorougly. so you take a rooted clone, plant it into a very small square pot. you cut it up so there are only 3 or 4 branches coming off the side? and you keep doing this and it stays small and compact?

Old 08-19-2006, 06:54 AM #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisd
i dont understand this thorougly. so you take a rooted clone, plant it into a very small square pot. you cut it up so there are only 3 or 4 branches coming off the side? and you keep doing this and it stays small and compact?

Id say that that is pretty much right on except the trimming the plants down to 3 or 4 branches part. As opposed to doing that, the idea is to top/train them so that they grow many growing tips and to keep the center open for maximum light penetration. And yes, if you keep pruning, taking your clones regularly and root trimming, then they will stay very small. hope this helps

guerilla

Old 08-21-2006, 07:40 AM #50
DurbanPoison

DurbanPoison will become famous soon enoughDurbanPoison will become famous soon enough
https://72.14.209.104/search?q=cache:...s&ct=clnk&cd=2

The Definition of MJ Bonsai Mums

This is a link to Siptar's bonsai mum thread. I found it on the google cache. However the link is broken I believe as it does not work for me. He had an excellent setup to show an even more micro bonsai mum. If anyone has it saved, please post or send it to me if at all possible. I believe a lot of micro growers could really use that thread. Thanks in advance

Last edited by DurbanPoison; 08-21-2006 at 07:43 AM..
DurbanPoison is offline Quote