What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

High CBD strain Lists and Descriptions

Ph-patrol

Veteran
Holy Taco Tuesday! That is some sugar coated harlequin. Did you detect any CBD in the NepaliOG x GoodMEds?

I have to take some updated pics soon of the H-BX.
I did not have my napali-meds tested but it is very very good stuff. It was excellent smoke ,hash and edibles.It had very little smell during the whole grow but during cure it blew up. It smelt like the spice Bizarre in Istanbul.

Now for its medical effect it was a stand out.It Gives you a full body massage with out the KO sleeping that you get from a top notch indica.The high is fun with no paranoia.Its got power too.
I have a close friend suffering with Bipolar 2 The napali-meds has had amazing results. Especially when in edible form.
A great mood stabilizer and is a miracle worker for a women's menstruation period.
I'm always looking for strains for bipolar 2 treatment.

I will post more soon Primal Haze

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
here's two sin city plants at four weeks in my garden!

our CBD plants

harlesin

picture.php

picture.php

birms's thunderstruck cut

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

you can see birm's thunderstuck is a fucking beast. i decided the yellowing was prob from the blumats being set a bit dry for her crazy growth during stretch. got a bit of a pH swing with lockout or something.

she seems back on track giving no fucks!

both of these gals have a pleasant nose going on as well.

I can't wait to have a few jars of CBD meds grown by yours truly in the medicine cabinet!

edit: birm's cut was a diff cut. has been tested and ID'd as birm's thunderstruck

Dr.King

Veteran
Lets keep this thread going :biggrin: I like it. I am using CBD Crews Medi-Haze also did CBD Crews Mango Haze. I made sure to keep keeper clones from the nice Medi-Haze and she sure is a beaut. Chopped week 9 day 3(perfect half and half mix of trics). Did 2 others in straight 12/12 but they didn't even look close to this one. This Medi-Haze has souped up crystals everywhere compared to them. Maybe it was the pheno or maybe it was the veg time I will never know for sure. I use a single 400 watt HPS. She grew in spears after I LSTed her once then topped once before flower. Got around 8 nice spears like this one, didn't get nearly as tall as the Mango Haze. Probably around 4 oz's dry. O well on to the photos, will update later with more once trimmed/dry and with a good smoke report. Good luck to everyone.

4qWuEVf.jpg

3g0vag1.jpg

PabloTesla

Hey,

Very nice thread!!!

I've already grown some CBD Crew strains: CBD Skunk Haze and CBD Critical Mass.
I really enjoyed the effects, mainly the CBD Critical Mass. The CBD Skunk Haze was a bit strong for me, despite of it's very sociable effects that I enjoyed.
CBD Critical Mass effects are quite mild, head buzz in the first 30 minutes or so, and then a relaxing body effect. The CBD effects are noticeable after a few days smoking daily.
Both strains are very good in helping to fall asleep. Also, both are easy to grow and produce good yields. I'm growing under a 250w hps and getting a total of 120g aprox. on every grow.
And CBD Critical Mass has a beautiful light purple color in the end of its flowering period.

I'm quite sensitive to high thc, although I'm a recreational user. Growing a low cbd strain is not in my plans..

I'm very curious about some other high cbd strains effects.
Please let me know your opinion on the CBD Med Haze and Mango Haze....

Greetings from Uruguay :) and thanks for share!

Thanks for adding photos to the thread. Wow that medi haze has some great amber resin coverage! That's the first medihaze bud I've seen, amazing.

The harle-sin structure doesn't look all that different than the harlequin bx above it, very nice.

This thread makes me wonder about the origins of the different CBD cultivars...

The cbd crew seeds can be traced back to resin seeds and cannatonic, and cannatonic can be traced back to possibly reggae seeds, which can be traced back to Soma's NYC Diesel.

Lawrence Ringo's Sour Tsunami can be traced back to Soma's NYC Diesel.

Hortapharm's CBD strain can be traced back to Turkey.

The one that perplexes me is Harlequin. Not alot of info online about the origins besides...
"The Sativas include an early-1970s Columbian Gold, a Thai from the mountains near Laos, and a Swiss native land race that was bred for consumption of cattle. The Indica is from Nepal's Mustang state."

Do you guys actually think this is the make-up of Harlequin? Seems like alot of exotic strains went into the making of it. Did only 1 plant come out of all that breeding? or is there a seedline? hmmmmmm?

It makes me think. Kinda like when someone picks up a mutt at the dog pound and says it's a Nova Scotia Duck Trolling Retriever crossed with a Fila Brasilero and a German Drahthaar. When in reality it is a Lab/chow mix.

-pH

CannaBrix

My question is, how many seed lines breed true enough that CBD content is very high (20+%), and THC levels stay legal (where applicable .03% or something close)?

Ph-Patrol--- thats a beautiful Nepali/good medicine. lots of colors too.

*list update*
Resin Seeds has oficially acknowledge the genetics of CANNATONIC:

"We will soon be updating our web page and changing some of the strain information. The most important change will be the genetics of Cannatonic. After our seedproduser had a mix up in genetics form many different companies, we now know that the real genetics of Cannatonic are ReinaMadre x NYCD.
Not MK-Ultra x G13 as we assumed before."

http://www.resinseeds.net/news,en,56,new-cannatonic-information.html

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
Sin City update:
IncrediblePower: (OmRita x BluePower) x AC/DC, 10-15% THC and 10-15% CBD, 1:1 THC/CBD
Cancer's Nightmare: Cannatonic x WhiteNightmare, 12-16% THC and 12-16% CBD, 1:1 THC/CBD

I'm still wondering how it comes that Soma's NYC Diesel contained CBD. It was an alleged bag seed of a Diesel and hence one is inclined to suppose it was a heterozygous genotype (both alleles for THC and CBD) and nobody remarked it before that some Diesels were just half as potent (especially in the current THC craze and all the testings done from here to there).

Betterhaff

Veteran
Wasn’t Soma’s NYCD actually NYCD x (Afghan x Hawaiian)? Or maybe that’s what he released.

Or maybe it was a Diesel from NYC that was crossed to the Afghan Hawaiian.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
I remember hearing in one of his podcasts adam dunn hypothesizing that soma (possibly unintentionally) selected for cbd in some strains, before cbd was a thing, because soma liked the effect.

dunn mentioned reclining Buddha having tested positive for cbd somewhere sometime...

Wasn’t Soma’s NYCD actually NYCD x (Afghan x Hawaiian)? Or maybe that’s what he released.

Or maybe it was a Diesel from NYC that was crossed to the Afghan Hawaiian.

there's alot of information from H. Madera at soft secrets about the origins of cbd in Spain and debunking some of the rumors surrounding reggae seeds and resin seeds.

http://growingmedicine.tumblr.com/archive

Madera says he asked Shanti if the afghan-hawaiian male he gave Soma passed on CBD and he said it didn't.

Ed Rosenthal told him that he had seen lab tests of nycd and other Soma strains that had CBD.

Madera also says that the seeds that Jaime selected cannatonic from were most likely Dancehall (kalijah x juanita la lagrimosa) which is a few generations past nycd x reina madre. maybe it is this inbreeding/crossbreeding part where the cbd trait showed up.

tumblr_n3zqih3PpV1ty9jn2o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n3vnu8Use51ty9jn2o1_1280.jpg

Betterhaff

Veteran
Madera also says that the seeds that Jaime selected cannatonic from were most likely Dancehall (kalijah x juanita la lagrimosa) which is a few generations past nycd x reina madre. maybe it is this inbreeding/crossbreeding part where the cbd trait showed up.
More than just a few generations past if true, there would be another outcross involved using DJ’s genetics.

Interesting that Resin is updating their site changing the genetics of Cannatonic to ReinaMadre x NYCD.

More than just a few generations past if true, there would be another outcross involved using DJ’s genetics.

Interesting that Resin is updating their site changing the genetics of Cannatonic to ReinaMadre x NYCD.

Yeah, you're right. The blue heaven is part of the foundation. I remember reading early on in the CBD trend that there was a Blueberry/OG kush that tested high in cbd. DJ Short also writes in his book about inbreeding blueberry and getting the "no high" bud.

I was just reading this for the upteenth time....

http://www.genetics.org/content/163/1/335.full.pdf

It's starting to make more sense each time around. I think you're right about breeding ratios following mendel. it's just hard finding those pure cbd chemotypes.

Hey Pablo, I saw that too on cbd crew's site. I wonder if these are related to the 3 regular cbd strains that were being tested over @ mr nice's site?

I'm guessing these new high cbd/ low thc strains will be feminized though.

Either way its a bonus to the cbd community, and about time a high cbd/low thc seed strain has been released to the masses.