What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GANJA GUIDOS FIRST GROW ! White Widow Microgrow using a PC Server Case and CFL's !!!!

arrrite guys its that time agian UPDATE :woohoo: so i decided to stop being a bitch and waiting till i had the cash to do things for the cab, and decided put more of my personality into the grow, and my friends I AM GHETTO,lol with that said. i finshed the scrog screen, its made out of a plastic picnic bag,some hangers,dutctape,andddddd last but not least dental floss ! the scrog screen came out awsome, i put the steaks into the box for now, and if i have to rais it im gona take them out and duct tape arond the box to hold. i also had to find a new way to mount the 2 cfls once i put the scrog screen on, wow took a good hr to think of a way to keep them togethor sturdy with things i had around the house so i used a 2 pens wich sandwich the bulbs as a brace, i then taped them shut to clamp down the lights, then i taped around the cfls base for added support there very sturdy and verrrry close togethor but not touching is this ok ? anyhow then i had to figure out how to moun the lights in the box cuz the clamps werent fitting with the scrog net, i found a way to mount them really nice using an old metal dog cage but i need to pickup a saw tomorrow to cut them, so i needed a ghetto rig for the time being so my babies could have light, at first i figured i could do sumthing with sum wire hangers, well i searched the house and of course ALL PLASTIC, i then went thru every room looking for shit to use, and still had no luck, then as i was conversating with budfather, it hit me the most ghettoest idea in the world however it would work and keep my babies basting. DENTAL FLOSSSSS !!!!!!!!! haha i made some loops and hung it from a peice of carboard wich i have at the top of the case coverd with mylar as a reflector, and hung the bulbs from there hahahhaha, very hood but it works till tomorrow. ok so now onto what keeps u guys comin back :kewlpics: of course !I will list the pic rundown in order let me know what u guys think ! BTW 12/12 Starts today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
time to bust out the :lurk: and watch this baby start to buddd ! Im so excited you guys have no idea, I cant wait to DITCH THE DEALER, and smoke some REAL bud

first few are of the ghetto rigged cfls
then there is a pic so u can see how the pc case looks with nothing in it
then a pic of my external thermomitor
then some pics of the ghetto mounted cfls
then pics of the scrog now in the cab with lights mounted
then some pics of my baby outsider her box wit the screen on
then some pics of the bottom fans that turned yellow, i think its cuz it was underwaterd but im not shure what do u guys think ?????its only the fans not the growths
then a shot of the stems
ENJOY !!!!

G

sweet little grow you got there man. Nice and tidy.

only thing is that tape...its wrapped on the ballast of the CFL, it might get too hot and melt the adhesive on the tape. Not sure, but seems possible , and you dont want to come back to see your plants smashed from a fallen light or burned. Otherwise , looks good man.

perhaps cut up a old shirt or sock ? and wrapped it around it or something? just throwing some suggestions.

Last edited:
Marijuana Manufacturing: Matchbox division

Marijuana Manufacturing: Matchbox division

Wow, Gweedough, you've got your Masters degree in the Ghetto Engineering Sciences. Too cool.
Rev :cool:

yea i gotcha jay, i was worried about the same thing, ive been checking it and its holdind up, i am working on a ajustable metal bracket for it rite now so it shouldnt be hanging like that for much longer, haha

rev
when you grow up poor, you learn how to make somthing out of nothing you know what i mean ?

budfather thanks, they wouldnt be looking good if it wasnt for you and everyone elses on this fourms help, i owe u guys big, who wants to come over and blaze some ww when shes done ? hahahha

pieceofmyheart

Veteran
Wondeful grow diary. I am with you on the microgrow, I wish I had a closet where I could let my babies stretch and grow, but I just can't.

I like your scrog, I was going to do the LST but your scrog looks easy enough I may be able to do that.

Last edited:
POMH,
I Lsted the plant, and then threw the scrog net over her, make shure u lst early so all those budsites make it to the top of the sceen !, BTW guys in about 5 min the lights will be coming on !, It was her first night in 12/12 I hope she enjoyed her rest !. Quick question when can i start trimming fan leaves under the screen ? and whats the safe way to do that ? And after how long of 12/12 shud i finally see some bud forming

12s

12s

Flowering time. Gotta love it!

Quick question when can i start trimming fan leaves under the screen ?
>> If they are dead/yellow leaves, you can get rid of them. I learned from the mistake of taking off too many fan leaves. My plants lost their vitality when I went overboard with trimming. Try folding them under. You'll find a happy medium. Those big leaves are like a solar panel for the plant. Without them, the plant has to work harder... anyway, that's my country-ass take on fan leaves.

and whats the safe way to do that ?
>> Sharp scissors. I cut about halfway down the leaf stem.

And after how long of 12/12 shud i finally see some bud forming
>> A week is a safe bet. 7-14 days tops. I've never flowered from female seeds but most varieties show their goodies in that time frame.

Germankreuz

Looking good mang! Why do peeps always have to knock the Micro Growers?
I love to grow big plants, but I also love seeing other peoples Micro grows, and encourage any growing, except for the guy who wanted to grow weed behind his speaker cabinet with a flashlight. (Yes a real post) lol
WTG Man you work with what you can. The Grand Ghetto Communicator would be proud......

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
Very nice little grow you have there my friend! :smile:

I like micro grows for several reasons. College students can do them with great success in on campus housing. Even for us closet guys micro grows can be useful for test grows or finding the best mother from a pack of seeds. I have been thinking of doing this so I dont have to waste space in my flowering closet to find mothers or test out new seeds. Stealth is the probably the best reason. Imagine a couple of these cases just sitting there, everyone would think, "oh its just a computer or server." When in reality, its a portable grow room. :joint:

Rev, thanks for the in info Im gona trim off the bottom yellows and work on keeping the fans down :).. and the reason I ask about when It will start budding, well im hopeing to take a tiny bowl sample for 4/20.... I promise I wont pick any more after !

thanks for the support german and calicioerba, make shure u check back soon ! this is the fun part, watching the babies pack on bud !, and I will be updating pics every 4 days ive decided.

A question for my CFL guys out there, Rite now I have (2) 42 watt warm CFL's in the box, Should I add another of another spectrum ? or should i be good with 84 watts ? My temps are at like 82-85 with lights on, so I dont wana add much more heat. But I wana make shure I flower this lady as best as possible, considering i was gona use a 100watt HPS in the begingin, Is there gona b a signifigant diff in yeild if i was to uses the 100watt hps, or the 84 watts of warm cfls ?

Lights

Lights

Adding a different spectrum is a good addition --> IF it doesn't get too hot. You're already at 82-85 degrees. You don't want to turn it into an Easy Bake Oven in there. Proceed with caution.

My CFLs cover the main 2 spectrums needed. I have 2700K (blue spectrum) for the vegging plants and 6400K (red spectrum) for the flowering. I bought mine online last year from EZHydro. I have (2) 125w in my garden. I'm not sure but I think they have smaller bulbs in the 75w range. I don't know if they'd fit in your box. The other downside is they require a mogul socket for the larger bulbs--> meaning extra space. Check around and see if anyone sells red or blue spectrum bulbs under 100w.

You're gonna have a good crop because you work at improving your setup. Now comes the maximizing and fine tuning. I think you are at that stage where you are comfortable enough to try different things. That's dialing it in. By the time you find that strain of Purple People Eater, you'll have a smooth-running operation.

wow I love 12/12 there a little bit bigger each day I open the chest up after darkness, I was wondering if there is any way to estimate yeild ? I Hope I can get 1oz of bud out of this grow.

hey Rev, ya got it a bit twisted. your 2700k bulbs are in the redder part of the spectrum and the 6500k bulbs in the bluer part.

Makavellian said:
hey Rev, ya got it a bit twisted. your 2700k bulbs are in the redder part of the spectrum and the 6500k bulbs in the bluer part.
Yes, Mak, I am a bit twisted and I've never been good with numbers. The blue is grow and red (late fall) is flower, right? Yeah, that sounds right. I knew I'd screw it up. Thanks for pointing that out to any noobs that I might have confused.

I'm all for voting for an IC Microgrow section also. Though I'm a closet grower, I do like to watch you cute little midgets grow dope in a shoebox. :cool:
I have an old friend and I know he would love to have a little garden. Last time he visited my grow, he commented, "This looks like fun." DUH!
So, I'm gonna show him some of these PC/micro grows you guys have on display. He has a few PC cases laying around so it's a natural fit. He's a downtown businessman so he has to be very careful. We'll see if he can talk his wife into it, cause if mama ain't happy, he doesn't get laid and he'll be unhappy. Go figger.
Hey, I thought of something else, if we have all the microgrows in one place, the trolls and flamers can go to one location to bash them. And the same goes for the folks that like to bash the CFL growers.
Power to the little people :woohoo:
Rev

Hey guys, as exciting as 12/12 is. It sucks when I can't just pop open the case and have a look at my lady. Well smell is still not an issue with the WW, and im in the first week of 12/12 but eather way I wana have the case ready to deorderize for the next possibly stinky lady. So I put some thought into it, and decided to keepup with my homemade ghettoness ive been putting into the grow lately and came up with this idea. Mabey you guys can give me your opinion, and let me know if you think it wil work or not, but basicly I have a california air plug in air carbon filter that was sitting around so i first look at it i figured i could use it. basicly i was thinking of ripping off the front of it so the carbon filter is exposed , and putting it up agianst where the ehxuast comes out from my 2 pc fans, this way all the air blowing out the smell will go str8 thru the carbon filter,and there is a fan built into the device so i figure it will even cause more exhaust. Also its the same size as the rear, so i could easlly mount it to the back here are pics let me know whatcha think....

Munchkin Ghetto Scrubber

Munchkin Ghetto Scrubber

Yeah, man. By all means, you gotta stick with the ghetto theme ya got goin' on. That little gizmo looks like the ticket. :cool: Do you have somewhere to vent the exhaust? Will that portion of the operation still be stealth?

I want to take a look at carbon scrubbers. I live in a duplex apartment and have my growbox in a bedroom closet. I didn't think the smell would be a big deal until I came home one day and got hit with that whiff of 'skunk' at the front door. A friend installed a bathroom poot fan in the closet and it seems to be doing the job. My guess is that you will have to deal with the odor sooner than later. That should be the last piece of the puzzle in a stealth microgrow - NO See - NO Hear - NO Smell. They get smellier than you think.
Looks good. :cool:
Rev

Blackmelo

Hi ganj,
heehee another micro grow.

Fraid I never got round to the idea of using fluoros to grow buds. They use twice the amount of electricity to produce a lower quality bud over an hps. But yeah the ventilation I have going is real noisy and not evry1 can do that...

So best of luck on this setup of yours, it is actually looking really good :yes:

I'm not against growing in parents houses at all, don't understand why ppl get so upset. As far as I'm concerned my parents owe me, not the other way round.

Some1 once told me I should be grateful to my parents and be grateful they were generous enough to put me into this world... One way to look at it :crazy:

The real way to look at it though is, this world is far from perfect, every1 knows it and if they decide to put a kid in this world, they owe that kid for the rest of its life and better make sure he has the best life they can provide. The parents owe the kid more than the kid will ever owe to the parents. Alot of parents are infact ungrateful and look at it completely the wrong way round...

Anyway, driftig off topic, just want to comment on the Budfathers post.

Nice try at impressing us Bud but it didn't work. No way are those buds 2 ounces, even if you pumped them up with led.
So you are saying it took you 3-4 months to grow those 4 buds or so that weigh 50 grams? Can only be wet weight then which comes to about 10 grams in dry weight, which is what I smoke in a week.
That sounds more like it already and as you can see there is no way I'd get into it. 4 months of growing for 1 weeks worth of crappy smoke.
Nope you haven't convinced me bud.

But like others have said, it is alwasy nice growing the plant and even if I didn''t get any yield off it, I'd still grow it. Great hobby as it is, no need to try and impress ppl and make false statements :badday:

Last edited: