What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Parts of Kerala, Ponmudi and Kannur

Antonjo

Aptly known as ‘God’s Own Country’, Kerala is one of the favorite destinations of tourists. It is well known for its greenery, backwaters, hill stations, rich animal and bird habitats etc.

One of the picturesque hill stations in Kerala is Ponmudi, which literally means a golden crown. It is very close to the beaches of Trivandrum and is one of the best hill resorts of India. A trip to Ponmudi is a favorite Kerala honeymoon tour. The foot of Ponmudi hill range is covered by thick tropical forests. A canopy of thickly matted foliage covers the path. The forests then give way to neatly clipped tea bushes. There are also vast plantations of rubber, pepper, cardamom and tea. While trekking to the North, one comes across a mini zoo at the edge of the forest. The forest is covered with various shades of green and many birds such as the Malabar Hornbills, blue-black Malabar, the rare long tailed paradise fly catchers create a cacophony in the forest.

Kannur is another place with a rich history from the Aryan migration. Kannur is a major contributor to the rich cultural, religious, political and industrial heritage of Kerala. It is also known to be the cradle of colorful folk art and folk music of Kerala. Theyyam, a stylish dance form is the most famous. Many tourists flock to the famous symbol of Portuguese architecture, St. Angelos Fortin the Kannur Cantonment, which was constructed in 1505. The Thalessery fort is also famous among tourists. Other places of scenic beauty are Kannur beach and Ezhimala. The Payyambalam beach and the Mopilla Bay, a natural fishing harbor are also frequented by tourists.

B

buddymate

I did the backwater trip in the 1990's,tranquil,relaxing,memorable :ying:

copy and paste?

either way kerala and india are the best places in the world

i have good contacts in india , really good, if you need a boat for the backwaters that's smoker friendly hit me up

choice of boats and food

in fact any india questions you can pm me,

copy and paste?

i have good contacts in india , really good, if you need a boat for the backwaters that's smoker friendly hit me up

choice of boats and food

yo what up lord bongington, I have family that lives in southern India, and was wondering your connects in Kerala. Would be awesome to chat with you. Looking to hit some hard to reach places around Kerala/Karnataka/Tamil Nadu border. Peace

Namaste:peacock:

danlilker

@lord bongington i am going to Kerala in january and am a seed collector. Unfortunately i cannot send pvt messages as i haven't reached 50 posts (yet). So here i am wanting to know where to go to find the real seeds for the Kerala landrace, the one from Idukki district / western ghats. cheers! Dan

danlilker

copy and paste?

choice of boats and food

hi there, i am interested in getting hooked up once in kerala. i wanna go to the farms that grow these plants and get some seeds from them. Could you get in touch with me and tell me where to go ? (village(s)/ area(s) etc? ) cheers. Dan

hey dan i now its been along time since you posted, but i can also tell you about a few things in india. go to iddukki to find idukki weed. also in the state of orissa there is easy available high quality bud.

Latest posts

Latest posts