What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bubblegum and Chronic closet grow

Tokabowl

Lol Cobo the wait is over the time has come!
I took the bubblegum down of thursday night at day 78 of 12/12 with the trichs showing roughly 40% amber, 50%cloudy and 10%clear from what i could see.
The bubblegum seems to have a higher calyx/leaf ration than the chronic, but dont take me wrong i dont think the yield will be as big as the chronic. i didnt have my cam when i got chopped, but here are some pics of them a day into drying:

The chronic is now starting its cure in jars, dry yield from the two plants together was 120g (4.3oz), plus quite a bit of trim that gave me around 3g of iso hash (thread in harvest+processing). The yield from the bubblegum looks quite satisfying, hopefully it should be around 40-50g which would bring the total harvest to about 160g, nearly 6oz (and 0.3g/W). Im happy with this yield considering its the first in this setup and i didnt know what to expect from the envirolights.
Next grow is for september, ill be running some more chronic (if my clone survives) and some Sensi Skunk and maybe some Cheese if im lucky. Itll be in yet another different setup. A wardrobe again (most probably a Robin from Ikea), but completely stealth (or as close as possible), maybe have a veg space too im not sure yet, Ill be planning all of this during the summer with the bubblegum and chronic to help me meditate :joint:

Tokabowl

Well Ill be damned!

The bubblegum is now dry and put in jars to cure... It yielded more than the chronics! 70g from the plant (2.5oz), bringing the total yield to 190g (6.8oz), which is equivalent to 0.35g/W.

what bubblegum is this? is it serious seeds? i am just asking because i have nirvana bubblicious and its a knock off f1 or something of the serious seeds? i think i read that on here somewhere.. well just wanted to see what i'd expect i got like 20 days at max till mine r done.

Tokabowl

WeedKrazy420 said:
what bubblegum is this? is it serious seeds? i am just asking because i have nirvana bubblicious and its a knock off f1 or something of the serious seeds? i think i read that on here somewhere.. well just wanted to see what i'd expect i got like 20 days at max till mine r done.

To be completely honest with you, i cannot be 100% sure of the genetics because i got the clones below the counter at the hydro store :biglaugh: , but they said both the Bubblegum and the Chronic were from Serious Seeds, and from the descriptions ive read and pics ive seen, i think its right... :2cents:

Mampi

That's a nice first attempt at LST dewd... yas look liek a natural.... sweet set up to mate.

CiaO!

sirharrynuggz

Hello! Nice plants. I have grown the Chronic from Serious Seeds, and am about to start some Bubble Gum from them as well. I was just curious which smoke you prefer? For taste/smell/effect? Thanks, and keep up the excellent work!

Tokabowl

Hey Harrynuggz, good to hear youre gonna grow bubblegum, ur gonna love it!
Chronic and bubblegum are two v different smokes imo, and i love them both lol.
The bubblegum smells quite sweet and spicy (but fruity at the same time, hard to explain), and it tastes, well, delicious! Smoking a joint of it is a reviving experience. It is not the most potent weed i have smoked, but it really hits the spot for a nice daytime blaze. You smoke half the joint and think, "hmmm this really isnt doing much", then u take another toke and then it hits you. Its a nice energetic buzz, not couchlock at all, more like a sativa high, the kind where you can still go about your day, socialize, and get things done.
The Chronic on the other hand, as you must know, smells a bit musty and imo a bit more "ordinary", if u know what i mean. Dont get me wrong tho, i like the chronic very much aswell. The stone is more indica/couchlock style and hits you from the very first tokes, more of a evening smoke for me.
One thing i really enjoyed is mixing the two in a spilff, man that was good! :D
Both were cured for about 2 months, although i did smoke a fair bit in the meantime, and believe me it is worth the wait, soooo smooth and maybe even a lil bit more potent...

Peace

sirharrynuggz

Cool, that sounds awesome! Hey, when you cut your Chronic ladies did you get a "black pepper" smell at all? Mine smelled a lot like pepper (only not as strong) when I first cut them, before they dried. But other than that you've described the Chronic perfectly. Now I really can't wait to pop these BG beans. I still have to wait a couple of weeks though, dammit. Thanks.

Hey TOKA I just read you deal for the first time your shit was way cool

Hey TOKA I just read you deal for the first time your shit was way cool

I also just had my first, my second wasnt so good and now im on my third. I wish id had some good seeds to start with but i used bag shitty beans. The next one is going to be good i got a good strain to go with next. Look foward to your next grow good luck!

cobo

InNvBoarder said:
I also just had my first, my second wasnt so good and now im on my third. I wish id had some good seeds to start with but i used bag shitty beans. The next one is going to be good i got a good strain to go with next. Look foward to your next grow good luck!

I'm growing FMS C99 at the moment and shes looking GREAT , and everyone here who has grown them says thier the dogs Bollox

so moral of story is , get yourself some GOOD Genetics :joint:

Tokabowl

InNvBoarder said:

Hi InNvBoarder, Im glad you liked my diary. You can follow my current grow here: http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=40254 .
I agree good genetics are important, although Im running some bagseed atm and let me tell you they havent disappointed me yet! :yummy:
99310025-med.jpg

Good luck with your next run, what strain you gonna grow?

Peace

ps: good job with the cindy cobo:yes:

wantaknow

ruger 500
Veteran
i would like to here a smoke report on the chronic ,is it strong couchlock?hows it smell? great job on the thread and grow btw