Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Soil > List of different Soil Mixes---Soil Directory

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
List of different Soil Mixes---Soil Directory Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-12-2012, 04:55 AM #21
igrowkushbitch

igrowkushbitch is a jewel in the roughigrowkushbitch is a jewel in the roughigrowkushbitch is a jewel in the roughigrowkushbitch is a jewel in the roughigrowkushbitch is a jewel in the roughigrowkushbitch is a jewel in the rough
Your the man joe fresh!! thanks for this great info.
igrowkushbitch is offline Quote

Old 01-15-2012, 05:06 PM #22
UsualSuspect

UsualSuspect is a name known to allUsualSuspect is a name known to allUsualSuspect is a name known to allUsualSuspect is a name known to allUsualSuspect is a name known to allUsualSuspect is a name known to allUsualSuspect is a name known to allUsualSuspect is a name known to allUsualSuspect is a name known to allUsualSuspect is a name known to allUsualSuspect is a name known to all
Good Job Joe Fresh!

I have been using this mix for a few years and it has been doing well for me, dont know the exact breakdown in Parts or percentages but here she goes pretty simple.

1 Bale Pro-Mix BX
1 4.0 Cu Mother Earth Size 4 Extra Chunky Perlite
1 30lb Wiggle Worm EWC

Thats it if someone could breakdown the math on that I would appreciate it. Here goes a pic minus the the wiggle worm, I was trying a new cheaper EWC company at the time of this pic. Lets just say I am back to wiggle worm.

Old 01-15-2012, 05:45 PM #23
heady blunts
prescription blunts

heady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond repute
Hmm this is certainly a comprehensive list. The good, the bad, and the ugly.

Thank you for sharing!

<3.F.U.C.K.E.M.F.A.M.<3
heady blunts is offline Quote

Old 01-16-2012, 01:27 AM #24
TB Gardens
Your daddy says I'm no good, Your momma says keep away

TB Gardens is a glorious beacon of lightTB Gardens is a glorious beacon of lightTB Gardens is a glorious beacon of lightTB Gardens is a glorious beacon of lightTB Gardens is a glorious beacon of lightTB Gardens is a glorious beacon of lightTB Gardens is a glorious beacon of lightTB Gardens is a glorious beacon of lightTB Gardens is a glorious beacon of lightTB Gardens is a glorious beacon of lightTB Gardens is a glorious beacon of light
I just want to say again what a great thread this is - nice job Joe!

So many great looking mixes in here, I can't wait to play around with some. Probably start with Blazes citric acid & cane sugar feedings, I've wanted to work citrus acid into my mix for a while now, glad I found the recipe!
TB Gardens is offline Quote

Old 01-16-2012, 01:35 AM #25
Hammerhead
Tired Farmer

Hammerhead has disabled reputation
Hammerhead has completed 5 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Great write of Joe. I use 2 bags of FFOF to 1 bag of Light warrior as my Flowering mix. My Seedlings get Happy frog mixed with light warrior. There's so many different recipes that work well. I have used this mix for years now.

#hammerheadgenetics
Hammerhead is offline Quote

Old 01-16-2012, 02:50 AM #26
dank.frank
ef.yu.se.ka.e.em

dank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivor
my neutral base medium can be added:

Makes a standard 1.5 cu ft amount so roughly 11g

3g local organic nursery / potting soil (unfertilized)
2.5g peat moss
1.5g coco coir
3g aeration amendment (permatil, chunky perlite, lava rock, etc)
1g EWC

And as always, use a proper respiratory protection when working around organics and fine dust particles...

This can be amended however you chose...with any of the many feeding recipes or liquid nutrients...whatever floats your boat! It is just a very solid / stable and flexible base medium.

dank.Frank

culture cannabis enthusiasts with their thinly veiled
self-justifications catering to the morally
ambiguous for the sake of the
ALL MIGHTY DOLLAR

Last edited by dank.frank; 04-17-2014 at 07:01 PM.. Reason: updated - I no longer use calcined DE....
dank.frank is online now Quote

Old 01-16-2012, 02:59 AM #27
dank.frank
ef.yu.se.ka.e.em

dank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivor
Then you could add Phillthy's mix...which was a variant of Blazeoneup's organic soil mix:

1 bale Pro Mix Bx
2 Bags FFOF
2c Bone meal
2c Blood meal
2c Dolomite Lime
added chunky perlite to liking
EWC - roughly 5g (I might have added this too...lol)
+ 2c Kelp meal (my addition)
+ 1c Seabird Guano (my addition)

Just water...or you can use P/K "boosters" (usually 3/5wk) as needed

dank.Frank

culture cannabis enthusiasts with their thinly veiled
self-justifications catering to the morally
ambiguous for the sake of the
ALL MIGHTY DOLLAR
dank.frank is online now Quote

Old 01-16-2012, 06:17 AM #28
Blaze215

Blaze215 has a spectacular aura aboutBlaze215 has a spectacular aura aboutBlaze215 has a spectacular aura aboutBlaze215 has a spectacular aura about
Which mix would you guys recommend for Outdoor smart pots in the 50-100 gallon range?

We are going to be doing a bunch of them this year and I really want them to be as organic as possible.
Blaze215 is offline Quote

Old 01-16-2012, 07:55 AM #29
cannarelief

Great job! Thank you for taking the time

Old 01-16-2012, 08:05 AM #30
joe fresh

joe fresh is a splendid one to beholdjoe fresh is a splendid one to beholdjoe fresh is a splendid one to beholdjoe fresh is a splendid one to beholdjoe fresh is a splendid one to beholdjoe fresh is a splendid one to beholdjoe fresh is a splendid one to beholdjoe fresh is a splendid one to beholdjoe fresh is a splendid one to beholdjoe fresh is a splendid one to beholdjoe fresh is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze215 View Post
Which mix would you guys recommend for Outdoor smart pots in the 50-100 gallon range?

We are going to be doing a bunch of them this year and I really want them to be as organic as possible.

not quite sure, but i would choose something that is rich in different components so you have a full aray of nutes availible at any time...look through the list im sure you will find something good
Quote:
NEVER ARGUE WITH AN IDIOT, HE WILL LOWER YOU TO HIS LEVEL AND BEAT YOU BY EXPERIENCE
The Fresh spot

Phytophythora - "The Plant Destroyer"

Pythium Root Rot in Soil and Hydroponic Applications

Salt Tolerance of Plants in Soil

Pour Thru Method for testing soil PH and EC

Substrate pH: Getting it Right for Your Crops

Marijuana Documentaries
joe fresh is offline Quote