What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ak48 DWC Closet grow #1.

420ponics

I went into the attic today and removed the insulation above my closet and the temps have dropped dramatically by about 10 degrees in the res and 15 degrees outside of the res. My can fan and filter are on the way. Here is a pic of the cooling method I am using right now. Fan on top stacked on boxes exhausting into a room and fan on bottom for intake and blowing on plants. I have 4 fans in this little closet haha. My room used to get up to about 96 degrees, now it's bearable at about 70F. I'm hoping it will be better once the other things get in and I will exhaust all of that heat to the attic and then possibly outside. It's a ghetto setup but my kids are growing FAST and look extremely healthy! On a side note I was LSTing my WWxBB and broke a stem...oops, it's getting really bushy so now I have a clone underway : )

Note that the 2 plants in the middle are WWxBB and a skunk...the ones out the outside are the AK48 which this thread is dedicated to ; )

Ponics.

Ghetto!

My plants today...loving those 95,000 candles : )

420ponics

I am flipping them over to 12/12 tomorrow. I left town for about 24 hours and came back and there was an EXPLOSION of growth from all of my plants, not just the AKs'. This thread is of course dedicated to the AKs and I'll say that they definately shot up over 24 hours! I was amazed. I just upped the PPM 100 points on the AK resevoirs and I've only tied them down a bit, they definately need more tie downs now. Can you LST during flower or is that a no no? Enjoy the pics. The girls are lookng DAMN healthy! I would veg longer but I have no choice but to start now : ( As you can see my WWxBB and skunk have been LSTed and are really bushy : )

Ponics.

Last edited:

420ponics

Oh man, more pics, they just keep getting bigger and bigger. I figured out how I a going to vent my can fan into the attic today, I went up there and got most everything set up so when everything gets in I'll be ready for a quick install. I noticed a good change in growth on the AK plants after boosting the ppm 100 points yesterday. I'll be flipping these bad boys and girls to 12/12 later on today : ) They have been vegging for one month today and are looking great ; )

Ponics. :smoke:

Here are some pics. (I'll throw some in of my WWxBB and skunk as well seeing they are right there along side my AK).

Did some LSTing on the AK today.

The skunk and WWxBB are bushy as hell! : ) Those came from clones so I know they are female. Let's hope for a straight sensimilla grow!

420ponics

I am done LSTing the AK and the other plants, I'm not going to do that in flower. Here are some update pics of the kiddies! They look near perfect! : )

Ponics. :yummy:

420ponics

Added some more nutes today, ph is looking good for all 3 resevoirs. It's maintaining 5.8 with little help. PPM is sitting around 700+ for all three resevoirs. I removed all of the LST ties today and added a piece of mylar near the plants on the left to rid of some shawdows...it worked well. Carbon filter install is coming shortly (next week) : ) It's a big mother fucker too! Stay tuned.

Ponics. :joint:

Day 4 flower.

Day 5 flower.

420ponics

Sup Deep! Sorry, haven't checked on here in a few days ; ) Thanks for the compliments. That pistol would be on my WWxBB ; ) I haven't checked on my ladies in about 4 or 5 days. I took a look at them today and they freaking exploded! They really grew! Well anyway, today I hooked up my scrubber and fan. I built a frame to sit the nearly 60 pound scrubber on and cut the plug head off of the fan and spliced into some wires and hooked a switch up to it so I could turn it on and off from my closet. I thought the fan would be very loud at first, but once everything was hooked up. It's very quiet. I have the fan in my attic and it vents to the outside. I don't feel like typing much so I'll let the pictures do most of the talking The filter works great, I still have to work on my intake so I don't have the closet door shut just yet. I just added some more nutes today and upped the ppm to about 800 for all of the plants. I don't see any male plants yet....8 plants total.

Ponics.

4 days ago...

Today!

Had to bring the ladies outta the closet to do a few mods ; )

Building the frame and blah blah blah...

JBLUNTS

That's funny man... I remember when you were talking about how stealth you wanted her to be and all and now she's practically a full on grow room! :woohoo: I think it's great...just funny to me. Emagine if one of your roomtates was to somehow look in there one day when you aren't there... bet they would trip eh :yoinks:

Good work bro...

420ponics

JBLUNTS said:
That's funny man... I remember when you were talking about how stealth you wanted her to be and all and now she's practically a full on grow room! :woohoo: I think it's great...just funny to me. Emagine if one of your roomtates was to somehow look in there one day when you aren't there... bet they would trip eh :yoinks:

Good work bro...

Haha, yeah man, the funny shit is, it's still really stealth! The only real risk involves someone looking in the attic and there is no noise coming from there and the light doesn't even work up there so if anyone did decide to go up there they wouldn't see shit and would probably think the miniscule noise that they hear up there is some sort of bathroom fan. No one ever goes up there anyway, I just like to be overly paranoid. Thanks for the comments ; )

Ponics.

minds_I

Veteran
Dude-what are you going to do about your light leaks?

All that effort and no lighttight integraty( borrow a phrase from the Navy)?

minds_I

G

Good job ponics..you have come a long way.

I was also wondering w/ all the effort on this grow why not light proof that door? The poly w/ zipper is a very nice addition.

Keep it up.

420ponics

Steady Smokin said:
Good job ponics..you have come a long way.

I was also wondering w/ all the effort on this grow why not light proof that door? The poly w/ zipper is a very nice addition.

Keep it up.

Haha, no worries there guys, the ENTIRE room is 100% light proof. I just don't like to put the pics of the actual room up. I assure all of you that there is no light getting into that closet at all! The ducting that runs into the cieling is also lightproof around the hole with the cotton insulation in the attic ; ) Not to mention, when the lights are off the door is closed anyway : )

Oh yeah, the actual door to the room has some opaque black plastic with velcro (no zippers here) ; ) It's very light proof. You can see it above the door in some pics. ; )

Ponics. :joint:

Last edited:

420ponics

I just chopped 3 males out of my 8 total plants. I know the WWxBB and skunk were female because they came from clones ; ) I'm now down to 5 plants total 3 ak48's and the skunk and WWxBB. I'll add some pics at another time.

Ponics.

420ponics

Alright guys, another update here:

Looks like half of my Ak's were guys. Balls hanging all off of the fuckers too. Oh well, means more light for my other plants. I didn't check on them for a few days and I checked up on them and they had stretched bigtime. I don't care what anyone says here...next time I am going to train them in the flowering phase. I still have 5 plants total. They are as healthy as can be and the ppm is now sitting at about 850. I have 2 plants in one 10 gallon, another 2 in a 10 gallon, and lastly 1 plant in one 10 gallon. While I was gone one of them grew so much it was about 3 inches from the light and got a little brown on the flower. Oh well, I have a TON of budsites, I just don't like the distant node formation. I wish I had checked up on them so I could keep the light really close. My closet door is also closed now and the temps are just fine as long as that filter is running ; ) It sucks all of that heat right out! That thing works incredibly well too I might add. Well m8s check out the pics of my fucking jungle!

These are before I chopped the 3 males. It is now day 16 of flower and these were taken on day 15, excuse the shitty quality. Look for the true jungle shot. It was pretty ridiculous!

Ponics.

420ponics

GreenBastard said:
Pretty cool bro.

Cheers.

Thanks man! I love to hear comments! Anyone know how I can cut down on the flowering stretch next time? I know I can lower my light, but I was unable to do that...Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Also, could someone tell me if investing in some Kabloom is worth it? How much of an increase in bud size and yield are you Kabloom users seeing?

Ponics. :joint: :lurk:

420ponics

Day 19 flower. I've added 3 thrity-five watt 100 watt output floros to the grow to get rid of most of the shadows. They are in between the plants. I also discovered what I believe is a hermie and will chop it shortly probably. The buds are looks great. Smell great. I moved my light up and tied a few plants so they could get more light. I'm going to add some water and nutes to the res later on. Enjoy the pics and check out this bud in the first pic : )

Ponics.

420ponics

I'm fucking pissed now. My AK's are all turning BI! What the fuck!? I have one left and I think it even has a pollen sack mixed in the bunch. One may have already busted a ruined my crop! My other plants are doing great, but what the hell is with all of the AK's turning hermie. I had like 3 males to begin with! Oh well. Sadly the one I have left is my runt AK. It looks like shit and took forever to grow. My favorite one ended up being a male. I am dealing with purely clones from now on!

Ponics. :fsu:

G

do you got any light leaks? Id check for those or some sort of stress.

Latest posts

Latest posts