What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lazyman's 16KW Headbanger

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Hehe thanks AB! Love the drooly emoticon, hah!

First harvest is in about 6 weeks, got 55 Jackpot and Doubple purple veggin now, and just took another 60 cuts of the Sour Grape today. Damn I love having crop after crop lined up! :)

mcattak

No I usually do 9 week strains, so it has 3-4 weeks to flush out typically. If I stop any earlier I have mites by the end. Nope no hair burning or anything.

Yeah that's the idea, except it's 4 lights X4 rows:

XOXO
OXOX
XOXO
OXOX

The o's on one relay, the x's on another. Each on a 50A circuit.

Thats funny thats the problem I seem to tun into i spray it 2 weeks into flower the mites hit at harvest time...I will try it at week 4...

Do you use azamax or azatrol in conjunction to the floromite...

Thanks

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Nope nothin but the Floramite/Saturator mix. I read a study that the repellant only is 60 percent effective at week 3 (or thereabouts)

+Vibes

very professional lazyman! love your setups and clear explanations. i have seen you mention this before and i'm excited to follow. GROW!

++

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Thanks guys! Airlock is a small room made of Panda plastic, just inside the door to the outside. It's got a zipper to the veg room on one side and flower room on the other. The environmental controllers, nutes, and thermostats for each room are in the airlock.

Last night i upgraded the veg room to a 12" exhaust on a filter, and put the 8" on the flower room intake. Worked great and now the room cools much faster than with the passive intake alone. Also makes it easier to fit a dust/hepa filter on the duct!

catman

half cat half man half baked
Veteran
Very impressive Lazyman. Your living my dream man, give it back!

I have one Q for ya. What is with the mesh shields around the bulbs? I'm assuming it is to prevent a fire hazard, but is it even possible for a plant to grow into a 1k bulb? Won't they shrivel up long before they could ever burn? I ripped off some fan leafs once and held a lighter to them and they would not ignite. My op is one hundredth the size of yours and let fan leafs get within an inch to a half inch of my 150w and I've never had any fires.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Nope, it's to prevent Lazyman from burning his own ass on a red-hot lightbulb. The leaves dont burn unless they're about 3 inches from the bulb, amazing!

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Thanks Raphael! Much appreciated.

Had one of the light timers fail today, stupid thing intermittently stopped turning. Hey it was only like 11 hours off, argh! Makes it hard to keep up elaborate light timings with one good timer, lol.

catman

half cat half man half baked
Veteran
Why not use a digital timer? I got some seeds in my buds once because my mechanical one was a little off, grrr!

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Ok numbers, 50 cuts root for 2-3 weeks, then veg for 4 weeks, flower for 8. Every month I start 50 more clones so I crop 50 girls per month (half the room, 8 lights per crop.) I'm at Stage 2 right now, May 1 starts the third crop vegging and the flower room will be full. After that its rinse and repeat!

Yields, I usually get around an ounce per week of veg time, but this being a dial in run it may hurt a bit. Still figuring out plant density and heights, but the girls are all about 3' tall now which is usually a 3 once plant for me.

Digital timers, yep that's what's replaced the analog one. I'm adding a second CAP MLC-8T next week which has a nice build in grasslin timer, but it's still analog. No biggie.

M

mexilandrace

geez, I have a hard enough time keeping up with 4kw.

I would get burnt out with that much going on I think.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Well it's an 8KW at the moment, but I only visit the room every other day for about a half hour. Automation is very important for this, if I was handwatering it wouldn't be feasible. What a huge waste of time that would be!

Waynebrady

Automation is very important for this, if I was handwatering it wouldn't be feasible. What a huge waste of time that would be!

Isn't that the truth man, I just went from a automated system, to hand watering in coco...Not as much fin as i remembered!!! hahah Cant wait to see some updates!!

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Well shoot, even a reduced-speed Vortex 8 was too noisy in the bedroom above it, I'll have to move the sucker to the other side of the room and stick a filter on it.

8 more lights are supposed to come today, woot!

redspaghetti

love machine
ICMag Donor
Veteran
damn Lazy, why am i always the last person at the party ??
Anyway im here now :D :lurk:

You've been an inspiration for me and probably will be that way until i the day i die,
cheers,
red.

Latest posts

Latest posts