What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colorado Dispensaries: the good, the bad, and the ugly

Status
Not open for further replies.

booya

I live in lohi, apparently I need to check out Highlands health! Will be interesting to see how The Releaf center does business. They are almost (?) open at Tejon and 32 ave.

I've been to CT's a few times http://cannabistherapeutics.net/cannabis.html
They always have a few super bomb strains (Chemdog a couple times, Blue Dream was outstanding as well) but very unfortunate prices. No discounts for members, and the headdies I just mentioned (the only stuff I fuck with but I'm not on a budget) are ... wait for it ... $70 an eighth. Good tinctures there tho.

I am currently a member at Patients Choice and could not be happier. I don't buy grams, if the weed is worth my while I pick up an eighth, and those are $52. Over street prices makes sense to me to keep reselling down. They always have one or two near-top-notch flavors, and often a super kill. I've had exceptional Mr Nice, Trainwreck, and (kinda) melty bubble. The facility can't be beaten, and the staff is the most knowledgeable of any caregivers I've talked to.

edit: ah yes, on the seeded stuff, I would never buy it but some friends did (Black Magic) and there were VERY few seeds! I was surprised. Must have happened late and they caught it quick. The price on that shit is super right.

66buds

thehealingcenter.co.uk is good

I could post soooo much bad & ugly after 3+ years on the scene but I wont.

I dont think anything in colorado is worth over $50 an eigth and never will be until it has an economy that can support those prices.

JWH-018

Nine out of ten caregivers are just trying to charge what the market will bear. Most of the other 10% aren't advertising themselves. Who decides what the market will bear? Patients do. If people refused to pay $30 or $25 or $20 a gram, they'd stop charging that or go out of business. But people are paying that, and that gives dispensary owners very little incentive to drop their prices.

Make no mistake, prices right now have nothing to do with cost or expenses. Compared to California several years ago when they pioneered $65-$85 8ths the legal risks are dramatically less, wholesale costs are lower, power is 25% of the cost of PG&E for heavy users, real estate and cost of living are less and a much larger amount of their product is being grown by the dispensaries themselves.

Colorado seems to have 1 dispensary/public delivery service for every ~100 patients right now, while California has more like 1 for every 700-1000 patients, and once LA county gets to closing the illegitimate exemptions that ratio will go higher.

The free market will pressure prices lower but it will be gradual over years. The biggest factor in how long that will take and where things will end up is how the patients act.

SweetBOG

Well said JWH-018! Let's all collude, dear Colorado patients: gather information, unite, and begin buzzing in the ears of dispensary owners that $10-$12 a gram is the max we'll pay.

booya

interesting comments JWH. Prices are obviously what they are for market reasons, but the fact that CA was doing the same with higher risks and expenses makes me think.

I hope vendors are discriminating with who they sell to as well.

K.J

Kief Junkie's inhaling the knowledge!
Veteran
Well said JWH-018! Let's all collude, dear Colorado patients: gather information, unite, and begin buzzing in the ears of dispensary owners that $10-$12 a gram is the max we'll pay.

It doesn't quite work that way. They'll say "oh? well, good luck getting that price everywhere else". You have to go about it another way, in my opinion: start your own dispensary (or fund a collective) that actually manages to sell it at that price. Then you'll eventually have other dispensaries dropping their prices to match.

SELFHEMPLOYED

सदस्य
Veteran
Thats the plan for me starting a co op. Does anyone know how much lets say a pound pays in taxes in Colorado.
My point is how low can pounds be purchased by a dispensary and afford to charge $12 a gram.

I've been looking everywhere for this information the only thing i've heard is 30% and something like $2.xx per ounce?

Thanks

P

Paco

I just visited greenbelly co-op today.
Low selection when i arrived i was told i came at a strange time had i arrived an hour later tho... But the friendly staff was great! I will be going there again for sure. The head guy B. was super cool, he and i chatted for a while. He is pretty knowledgeable and really receptive to the needs of the community. I really like their idea on how to run a shop. They had and very nice blue berry. and lots of good hash to boot!

SweetBOG

I've heard dispensaries will gladly pay growers $4000 for a pound of really good meds. Dealings are in cash. Tax for our beloved meds is only what the state and city require, so at $4K per pound, a gram costs just under $9. Then there's 6%-9% tax depending on where you live, overhead for store-front, employees, lawyer, etc... So it's obvious the only dispensaries/coops that could truly do $10-$12 grams are the ones growing themselves.

so a good formula would be to grow your own and illiminate the store front by doing business online and having patients place orders. Delivery is iffy tho... don't know how to legitamately ship meds to instate customers. I doubt UPS/Fed-Ex/USPS would like that...

MtnKuSh

while the hype of this and that is still going on and there are 20 threads on colorado meds and ripoff caregivers.. im still getting it for FREE FREE and FREE.!

MtnKuSh

$380 an oz or $70 an 1/8 for meds...? this is total BS.. talk about cashing in.. legal meds should not cost more then 5-8 $ a gram and clones should be no more then $5 a clone. keep going to these places and you will fuel the fire and make the price grow even higher. sorry to say but....most of these places should and will be put out of business in do time.

MtnKuSh

i thought the sole purpose of this whole MED MARIJUANA thing was to bring CHEAP AND AFFORDABLE MEDS TO THOSE IN NEED...what the hell happend..???????????????? charging more then your local street dealer and being on record of where you buy,sell,grow and who your docs are and where you live etc is not sumthing ill give into anytime soon..you best believe that they are loggin each and every application and person seeking the med cards.. now it may be state legal but its not fed legal.. so feds have access to these files on you and your grow and you address etc etc etc anytime they damn well please.. how you people are OK with that is beyond me. ill be damned if i fall into the mighty GOV Trap. im done here

booya

MtnKuSh, I hear you. I am definitely part of the problem because I can afford to be - I have a decent amount of expendable income, and simply can't get medical grade anywhere else.

I am pretty satisfied with the prices at Patients Choice (not to mention the fact that you can get a free hot stone massage whenever you want, or legal seminars).

But I agree 100%, if I was running a dispensary it would be super legit strains trimmed to the stem and cured as it should be, for LESS than black market prices. Not to mention rooted clones and breeder's packaged seeds. has anyone seen a breeders pack in a CO dispensary? Why do you think that is ...

For god's sake people, we are working with marijuana ... legally! How can greed ever rear it's head? quality over quantity, compassion over consumerism!!

Tripsick

Experienced?
Veteran
MtnKuSh, I hear you. I am definitely part of the problem because I can afford to be - I have a decent amount of expendable income, and simply can't get medical grade anywhere else.

I'm in the same boat.
The Dispensary is getting cheaper but they should be a lot cheaper.
As they have a larger customer base then the normal street dealer and i would assume by now they are growing 60% of their stock... i could be wrong.

I had other connections that were hit and miss and i need a large selection (or take a tolerance break)
plus some of the street dealers were trying to push some pretendakind as dank...

SELFHEMPLOYED

सदस्य
Veteran
In Harmony Wellness has all of Subcool's gear in breeder packs.

I just picked up Dairyqueen (CheesexC99) and Jilly Bean for $80 a pack

GreenDreams

I know Hatch Wellness has a direct line to the Original no bullshit, the stuff you can't get anymore Blockhead and it is friggin exquisite. Love Blockhead.

SweetBOG

Harmony Wellness has Subcool Beans

Harmony Wellness has Subcool Beans

In Harmony Wellness has all of Subcool's gear in breeder packs.

I just picked up Dairyqueen (CheesexC99) and Jilly Bean for $80 a pack

Good to know. Will you be starting a thread we can follow? I bet at some point some of us can grow and document all locally-sold beans, ya know, collectively see what beans in the area are worth it... but I digress...

MtnKuSh

only $80 a pack.. lol oh man this med thing gets to be more BS by the second!

i guess thats why i started >>>>>

*~UnderGround Self Medicated Crew~ *
Exploring Strains,Hybrids,Seeds,Clones From Millions of Underground GROWER's World Wide

great thread

great thread

great thread and great reviews!

i agree with Movado on Metrocannabis. i've seen good stuff and so so stuff there. good prices and they let me trade back the meds i did not like, probably because i purchase oz's.

i argree with Rooted and have had similar experinces with Cannabis Therapeutics a few years back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts