What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vending to clubs, what is it like for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidewing

never claimed to be an expert so slow your roll a little im not here to bicker.. and meant no disrespect.. simply saying there is expenses on both sides and i personally think the collectives low ball more than they should.. you're right i have little knowledge as to the club side of things. and i dont buy my meds from the collectives from those same people. cuz i know a lot of vendors dont care about the med aspect of it but rather maximizing their profit which means using products they shouldnt ideally.. and if this does happen (once again im no expert so dont get angry) i believe its due in part to the low prices that collectives give so growers try to get it back at a sacrifice (peoples health potentially?).. i dont believe the costs of non-absolute necessities should be pushed onto the vendors.

u r right i also dont have a degree in business.. and i never claimed to be a don of expertise or business im simply saying from my experience what ive seen paid for quality.. and its from good clubs that know their stuff, then i can go to a club that u can tell people havent been in the business prior to opening their club (trying to make some fast money) and are lowballing good clean properly grown/dried/cured/manicured meds that will greatly help someone in need of clean meds that do their job.. simply because they are overwhelmed with vendors pushing mid to mid-high grade outdoor that will not do the same for a truly medical patient.

and you're right being low on expertise doesnt hold me back.. i dont walk down the trail i make my own.

T

Teeg420

lets get back on track,

It used to be easy now it has gotten more difficult, I sat in a waiting room with returning vendors and 1 out of every 3 were able to sell their product.

Was talking to the purchasing agent and they were saying its not like it was last year, asked about og and they said dont bother brining in tahoe og we get too much of that stuff already.

meduser180056

lets get back on track,

It used to be easy now it has gotten more difficult, I sat in a waiting room with returning vendors and 1 out of every 3 were able to sell their product.

Was talking to the purchasing agent and they were saying its not like it was last year, asked about og and they said dont bother brining in tahoe og we get too much of that stuff already.

I seriously doubt top notch tahoe og is gonna get turned away maybe if the price is too high, but top notch buds like that still sell themselves just for not as much as they used to.

The problem I'm seeing is it seems like 80-90% of the stuff out there isn't really that good so the market for the good stuff gets driven down by a glut of cheap crappy bud.

I see lots of bud people claim is og this or that and it's all just poorly grown knockoffs or fakes. I don't even think most of these guys have anything close to the real cuts. People should just stop buying crappy bud especially since it costs almost the same per eighth as good stuff anyhow. Boycott crappy bud!!! haha

Lots of beginner growers out there putting out crap thinking they can jump on a money train that doesn't really exist.

Hopefully they will all fail within the next several years and go back to their day jobs. Overhead is so ridiculous these days and with the market being the way it is anybody trying to start up is gonna fail real fast if they're not producing top notch stuff and I mean top notch by cali standards. Anything less and youll probably be up shits creek with all the other guys trying to move sub par bud just so they can squeak by and pay the bills and not even make a profit.

mikessong

I seriously doubt top notch tahoe og is gonna get turned away maybe if the price is too high, but top notch buds like that still sell themselves just for not as much as they used to.

The problem I'm seeing is it seems like 80-90% of the stuff out there isn't really that good so the market for the good stuff gets driven down by a glut of cheap crappy bud.

I see lots of bud people claim is og this or that and it's all just poorly grown knockoffs or fakes. I don't even think most of these guys have anything close to the real cuts. People should just stop buying crappy bud especially since it costs almost the same per eighth as good stuff anyhow. Boycott crappy bud!!! haha

Lots of beginner growers out there putting out crap thinking they can jump on a money train that doesn't really exist.

Hopefully they will all fail within the next several years and go back to their day jobs. Overhead is so ridiculous these days and with the market being the way it is anybody trying to start up is gonna fail real fast if they're not producing top notch stuff and I mean top notch by cali standards. Anything less and youll probably be up shits creek with all the other guys trying to move sub par bud just so they can squeak by and pay the bills and not even make a profit.

Well said all around, my experiences jibes with yours. You can't overemphasize what we mean by top notch by Cali standards - this ain't Burlington or Chicago or something. Most people will barely be able to cover their expenses.

M

milehimedi

Dispensaries are beginning to bully growers, as should have been expected. In CA I'm sure it has been going on for years, but out here in CO the market is changing at a staggering rate. With so many huge ops going on the market is getting full. At this point, if your product is not TOP notch, its value is dropping quick.

It also seems like the dispensaries choose to buy from people they hit it off with, or people they previously knew. It's just like how, before the med thing, you would buy weed from people you liked.

Professionalism is also key when dealing with these folks. Dispensary owners I know complain of the constant flow of vendors in and out their doors, many with poor product. Calling ahead of time, checking what their vendor procedures are, dressing nicely, and not being too medicated are all good ideas. The times are changing, no more walking into a dingy basement apartment to grab a bag from the stoned guy watching TV. As this becomes more of a legitimate business, we must all treat it that way if we wish to continue in the same line of work.

bergerbuddy

Canna Coco grower
Veteran
Your business degree seems lacking - - and figures based inn your opinion don't pay the bills.

Landlords, utility company's, legal defense funds, advertising, accountants, security, furnishings, and employees also have varying degrees of compassion, but most of the fore mentioned show damn little compassion about getting paid. That skews your profit margin right out the window - and we haven't GOTTEN TO PROFIT YET.

But your the expert?

Your remarks were kinda smart elicy..

All the main bills you outlined above applies to me too... and I don't run no fuckin disp... I grow outstanding medicine IN THE HIGHEST QUALITY WAY.... and that aint cheap...nor is it getting cheaper..

Does YOUR Biz degree suggest you ought to be making oh... 100 percent profit off what you retail??/ cause thats cool if you can get into a biz that can do that

The point is... the clubs are payin tops 3k.... and turning around and selling it at 15+ a gram... STRAIGHT UP.......

So the clubs don't see my meds... Buy it from someone running hundreds applying max dose ferts and spraying with whatever kills whatevers crawling...

BTW.... Just disagree with someone with your wonderful thoughts full of logic... rather than barbs full of spite...

RockyMountainHi

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with th
Veteran
Your remarks were kinda smart elicy..

All the main bills you outlined above applies to me too... and I don't run no fuckin disp... I grow outstanding medicine IN THE HIGHEST QUALITY WAY.... and that aint cheap...nor is it getting cheaper..

Does YOUR Biz degree suggest you ought to be making oh... 100 percent profit off what you retail??/ cause thats cool if you can get into a biz that can do that

The point is... the clubs are payin tops 3k.... and turning around and selling it at 15+ a gram... STRAIGHT UP.......

So the clubs don't see my meds... Buy it from someone running hundreds applying max dose ferts and spraying with whatever kills whatevers crawling...

BTW.... Just disagree with someone with your wonderful thoughts full of logic... rather than barbs full of spite...

Go read the post I was refering to. That is the person with the qoutes and figgures - and that can't grow but feels compelled to criticise the people he buys from.

I'm a grower and a caregiver - so yes - I can speak from experience and when some twerp says I should be selling for x dollars because he thinks that is right- he needs to learn to grow his own.

pugnacious

Im not even going to respond to this.

Can someone do me a favor and school this guy.

S

scarred4life

I know the market may be changing in places like CO, but from what you describe, things still seem pretty wide open as far as selling actual medicinal quality product. I'm not surprised that mids are getting turned away at CO clubs though.

Here in norcal, unless you are big-time commercial AND have inside connections with club management mids will NEVER be purchased at a dispensary, even if that dispensary retails mids. This leaves many growers (especially outdoor) willing to export for prices below $100/oz. And I'm not trying to insinuate that disp. management in CO are intentionally buying out-of-state meds; growers with 100+ pounds however have the resources to bring their product into other markets and with that kind of volume it's worth the risk for some.

As far as legit, top-shelf, name brand, indoor meds, the January wholesale price cap for the Sacramento area was $150/oz., and even at that price, only vendors who get respect on the regular were moving anything. One out of three vendors selling their product would be signs of a total drought around here. Most of the dispensaries I know started seeing MORE VENDORS THAN PATIENTS by late November 09. Thats a far cry from when I sold my first crap...i mean crop...in December '02 for 3k/lb on telegraph/eastbay.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Most of the dispensaries I know started seeing MORE VENDORS THAN PATIENTS by late November 09. Thats a far cry from when I sold my first crap...i mean crop...in December '02 for 3k/lb on telegraph/eastbay.

More vendors than patients? Sounds like the dispo's need to round up more patients.

sidewing

Go read the post I was refering to. That is the person with the qoutes and figgures - and that can't grow but feels compelled to criticise the people he buys from.

I'm a grower and a caregiver - so yes - I can speak from experience and when some twerp says I should be selling for x dollars because he thinks that is right- he needs to learn to grow his own.

lol.. apparently u missed more than half of anything i said.. i do grow my own organically grown meds that are clean and better than anything i see at any collective hands down.. and i speak from experience just as u do.. now u are switching sides to the grower side while before u were defending from a collective side.. so which is it? i dont buy from anybody as i stated before because i dont trust other growers that sell to collectives that simply are trying to maximize their profit.. u are not worth my time buddy. keep your angry unsatisied ass comments to yourself.. i do my thing just fine for the simple reason that i present myself in a professional and respectful light and the product speaks for itself.. the price is what it is, take it or leave it.. cuz its better than anything u can pull behind the counter and u know it.. be bitter that your getting lowballed.

oh and i completely agree with that guys comments about the market for good is being destroyed by garbage for cheaper pumped full of chems and sprayed with chem sprays to kill bugs.. basically poison in your lungs.. and not durban.. 90% or more of collectives arent in it for meds thats the reason its hard to find a real one that will pay for clean organic "meds" and pay what its worth cuz they are just street scum moved to try to present themselves as professionals.. but could give 2 shits about "meds" and are just trying to get the cheapest product to make themselves the most money in their pocket.. say what u want.. it is what it is.. lots of taint in what could be a good thing. collectives DO NOT care about organic or healthy as long as it looks good and it sells fast and the price is right... unless they are a true medical collective which as i said nearly all are not..

Status
Not open for further replies.