What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Selling back to clubs?

W

Whatever

ourcee said:
I can personally vouch that this is EXACTLY how it is done in So Cal.

My bro was pulled over for not using his turn indicator and ended up spending a week in the clink with me over SIXTEEN GRAMS they found on us. oh, not to mention we both have valid rec's for valid reasons, of which didn't deter them from literally tearing the carpet out of his car "searching" it.

After THOUSANDS of dollars in legal fees along with losing my job, they just didn't pursue the case. No charges formally filed. Just because you have a little card and signed doctors note means absolutely fuckall to any LEO I've met.

I attribute us not catching any charges due to the fact that we did infact have the recommendations, HOWEVER that's not to say that we didn't have to go through some shit in the mean time, shit that is lasting till this day.

oh,... and they still have my 16 grams :badday:
Really sorry to hear that...some people just don't get what the scene can really be about at times here in Cali and go off about what they think is 'wrong' with it.

M

mrred

back in nebraska these cops pulled 2 ozs in different bags and didnt even give him a ticket, that happens alot, cali is overrated(imo) when they let anyone go in a shop and buy some weed then it wont be.

G

Greyskull

cali is overrated?

I don't see many dudes hoping to set up shop in Omaha because that place is jumping for the medical community...

You cannot EVEN put California and that butthole state in the same sentence when it comes to cannabis - cultivation, quality, & and legislation.... that corn field weed is weed. I canot believe you are even trying to put that together, husker fan.

DUDE....

edit: ha ha ha I didn't even look at your gallery when I posted about the cornfield weed being weed... I just know how its done there, guy. So to see your lovely snaps of cornfield weed just cracks me up. Way to represent!

Last edited:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the input all :yes: It's a very interesting topic :D The main reason this thread confused us before is because we're from England,, the land of the Exodus Collective and FREE Cheese Clones ,, which is what we are all working towards. The motto at rallies in the UK is "FREE THE WEED" :canabis:

mrred : is that ditch-weed domesticated or feral?

grey skull: The Sagarmatha lions joked about corn-farming last time we met-up with them,, guess that's what they meant. Please don't hate on the state though bro,, 'Stonehedge' came from Nebraska,, and it makes mighty fine dope, (not rope) good meds :canabis:

Nebraskan dope yo... :wink:

One love!

Last edited:

RockyMountainHi

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with th
Veteran
Greyskull said:
if they are selling it at 300 per oz more than likely they are paying 150-200 per z.

usually the 400-500 range oz are procured from the grower/provider at 325-400 per z... when obtained in commercial quantity (min quarter lb 113.4g)

soooooo, If this is true, markup is better than "street dealers". - Which is fair, on the basis of increased overhead - and the "legit" tag ALWAYS COST MORE. Which isn't benificial to the medical community.

Other states with medical provisions have police departments that now charge with federal charges because state statutes do not impose the penalties the "officers" feel is justified.

Sounds like the solution is to design a "Fool Proof" grow box and teach peeps to grow their own. Kinda undermines the dealers, Med shops - and the piggys.

Yeahhhh THAT"S WHAT I'M TALKIN ABOUT!!!

Key terms here, are cops that feel the need to prosicute even though the majority have spoken and told lawmakers change the law.

And pigs wonder why the community won't support them. :spank: :spank:

Last edited:
DocLeaf said:
Thanks for the input all :yes: It's a very interesting topic :D The main reason this thread confused us before is because we're from England,, the land of the Exodus Collective and FREE Cheese Clones ,, which is what we are all working towards. The motto at rallies in the UK is "FREE THE WEED" :canabis:

You know it's funny you mentioned this statement as just recently I was talking with some
of the UK homies after reading about an incredibly selfless project that was taking place at
a norcal farm, a collective effort to provide hundreds of pounds of flowers and incredible amounts
of bubble for nothing or next to nothing for those who otherwise could never afford it.

My friends from England were astonished at what was taking place and simply stated
that nothing like that would ever happen in the U.K. The generosity and love had them
amazed beyond belief and tottally blew away thier previous perspective about what was
thought possible.

In Colorodo, Oregon, the scene is so different and the model is deffinately more on par with
what we'd all like to see.

SoCal is just a different beast entirely, always has been always will be. I remember having
similar conversations with some NorCal friends many many years ago. They'd always argue about free weed this and that, the love of the plant share share share......and then they would
go to la and sd and get 350 an oscar and 60 a eight....fiveteen years ago...I thought it was all about the love...well is until the almighty dollar talks...just the way it is.

But in the end don't let the greed and money cloud your thoughts completely.
You could walk into any of the what, 400 shops in or around la and if you really genuinely were in
need you would come away with good medecine now matter how little money you had.

M

mrred

the ones that grew in my yard i belive some of it was domesticated because back in the 70-80s there was smokers living theres no doubt they grew some being farmers and all. Some patches are better than others. I saved some seeds of the better ones are im growing some of them out now as a hobby sort of thing. and no doubt theres so much you could easily have a pound of hash, and our soil is so very fertile so just need to flip the dirt over and theres also natural springs around too, the one near my house has been running since the guy who lived there can remember and it only stopped 1 year when it was really dry. Nebraska sits on north americas largest aquifer. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f7/Ogallala_changes_in_feet_1980-1995_USGS.gif but I dont care about what state has better weed because if your poor like me you cant afford that shit anyways. And it dont really matter once you got some good seeds or clones. IMO its all about growing your own.

Last edited:
W

Whatever

DocLeaf said:
because we're from England,, the land of the Exodus Collective and FREE Cheese Clones ,, which is what we are all working towards. The motto at rallies in the UK is "FREE THE WEED"
I've chatted with a few people from the UK and they said it was actually difficult to get cuts cause people held onto em so tight. It sounded like they did not want competition. The impression I got from these people about the situation in the UK is not the one you're talking about.

Another thing about Cali is it's just plain and simply expensive to live and do business here.

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
DocLeaf said:

mrred : is that ditch-weed domesticated or feral?

grey skull: The Sagarmatha lions joked about corn-farming last time we met-up with them,, guess that's what they meant. Please don't hate on the state though bro,, 'Stonehedge' came from Nebraska,, and it makes mighty fine dope, (not rope) good meds :canabis:

Nebraskan dope yo... :wink:

One love!

There are many that do feel like you Doc. In fact back in the earlier "hay-days" of the cannabis collectives when "og kush" first became real popular, people were selling these cuts for $40-60 PER CUT!! So I started bringing cuts to a shop for them to give free to patients who wanted one. Obviously I couldnt bring in 10 flats of clones to give away. But I always made sure that they was available.. Now we skip forward a few months, im at another dispensary that is in a different city and we are talking about the very same thing. So I decide to start helping out this community as well. After this goes as it does for a few months, I decide to check out the shop to make sure everything is completely legit.. So I send a friend over to check the place out and let me know whats up. We come to find out these clones I had been giving them to hand out for FREE,, they was SELLING at $20 per clone. Now the original arrangement was, you take these clones,, make sure they keep light and water ,,, and you give them away for free. The incentive for the shop was they had just opened,, and I was bringing in alot of business for them for giving them the clones to dispense freely. So at first I let it slide, until I talked to one of the shop workers that is now close friends, who told me they was taking the majority of the clones home for themselfs to mother out and such. So after that, I stopped making drops and quit trying to help dispensaries, because the majority of them couldn't give a shit about medical patients. Its just money to them and if the profit incentive wern't as lucrative as it currently is,,, we all know for a damn cold hard fact that we would be left with MAYBE a few shops left... the rest of them will be in their garages cooking meth,,, or slanging boats of ecstasy....
:joint:

C

CheifnBud2

How come there is a big community of people who want to give away a bunch of free stuff to the patients, but it still costs 50/8th for med quality stuff in cali.

I think the med scene just justifies people charging more for quality herb anywhere.

I cant believe people fork out 60 dollars for an amount of weed they can smoke in 2 hours.

W

Whatever

An overwhelming majority of the people I've run across are like BHT...without a doubt. One person stands out though and he's got to be one of the biggest assholes I've ever met anywhere. He's totally about money, grows crap on a large scale, considers himself a hippie cause he grows and smokes and to me represents everything that is 'bad' about cannabis on the grower side.

G

Greyskull

RockyMountainHi said:
Sounds like the solution is to design a "Fool Proof" grow box and teach peeps to grow their own.

thats exactly what prop 215 is for - to allow protection for those to grow therie own.

BUT NOT EVERYONE CAN GROW THEIR OWN. What about the folks that work 60hrs a week? What about the people who don't have energy after chemo treatments? We need to remember not everyone is a grower. NOT EVERYONE WANTS TO BE A GROWER... if its their own stash.

This is not a cut and dry black and white situation... its very sticky and very messy. If you don't believe me backread this thread...

Now I agree that shops are pushing things the wrong direction when they sell Zs for $500/600... BUT ARE SELLING Z's for $150-$200, too. You just have to ask for the schwag and not the top shelf. Everyone always wants Ruth's Chris' Steakhouse for dinner when they are hungry, but sometimes a Denny's budget is what you have to work with.

Seriously, as growers, if we flood the market with high qaulity buds the high prices will have to drop (kinda like what is happening with OG.. I am not seeing it sell anymore for $6400 per LB like it used to) due to the mass availability.

But if squids keep taking their beat to shit outdoor weed in and asking for $3000g a LB, WTF?

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
CheifnBud2 said:
How come there is a big community of people who want to give away a bunch of free stuff to the patients, but it still costs 50/8th for med quality stuff in cali.

I think the med scene just justifies people charging more for quality herb anywhere.

I cant believe people fork out 60 dollars for an amount of weed they can smoke in 2 hours.

Not all patients need to smoke an ounce a day. I help 5-7 patients on a monthly basis and depending on their neccessity they receieve either a half or full ounce per month for no charge. I only wish I could provide larger quantites at no charge, but it simply cannot be done, not by myself at least.

If each of us only worked to provide for a few needy patients, we can ensure an unlimited supply to the truly needy.

Remember, there is no greater reward then the self-satisfaction of knowing that you are making a difference in peoples lives for the better. :joint:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
BiG H3rB Tr3E : sorry to hear that,, shame when you do a good thing and some hustler abuses it :no: respect for donating those clones :yes:

Whatever + ThirdEyeVision : the UK clone-scene is split between the commercial growers that want to keep them, and the personal growers / collectives that seek to give them away. totally agree that we don't have the same organization-skills to make free bubble for medi. clubs,, mainly because the UK doesn't have the medi. clubs yet :wink: there's plenty disorganized love left :yes:

Q. How much do "sellers" sell bubblehash to clone clubs for? and how much do clubs sell it for per gram?

peace all :joint:

Last edited:

ourcee

I know some of the prominent Los Angeles area clubs sell their "og kush hash" and various hash oils and whatnot all the way up to $40/50 USD a gram. There ARE cheaper kinds there, but the good shit? it aint cheap.

I'm sure theres some fineeee quality blonde hash there (I have yet to get hash or oil from a dispensary) however I get some nice hash, albeit slightly darker and not as full melty as the best of the best, for 36 an elbow.

$8 a gram vs $30 or 35ish for comparable in a co-op. (obv the bulk disco applies but you see the profit margins)

I feel you BHT. The people that really need and deserve the finest meds are usually the ones that cannot afford these 500 a zip pricepoints. I too plan on being a Cannaclaus (haha idk what we could call it) to those that deserve it.

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
I've given away my fair share as well, my hackles get raised when I get the impression I have some kind of inherent obligation to give it away.

I'd like to give more, but I have no safe way of finding those patients. Non-med state here, obviously.

I'm no big grower but I've given away half of my harvests so far and have sold none of my stuff.... I live in a med state tho

People who talk about supply and demand as the reason they charge $3000-$4000 a lb need to look in the mirror.... It is that person, and that person alone who decides to demand whatever amount they charge for their product.....

I dont have a problem with people making money for doing what they do... they spend a lot of time and energy to do this and there are still risks involved, but there is a lot of greed and there is no reason that people need to charge any amount close to what street prices are.....

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the popsitive input all :wave:

It seems that the issue of 'security' often consumes much of the profits.

Q.How much does it cost to employ the security guard?

Q. Wouldn't it be wiser / cheaper to employ a medi. user?

Q. How many medi. clubs grow there own ganja ??

Thanks.

W

Whatever

DocLeaf said:
Q.How much does it cost to employ the security guard?
Do you mean how much would it cost to pay the police to leave you alone so you can properly work within the guidelines established by law...lol? That's the real security issue. Getting your grow ripped is one thing but the cost and hassle to deal with a legal situation can be VERY expensive.

Latest posts

Latest posts