What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NJ Medical Marijuana

accessndx

♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran
Yeah, I don't care how restrictive the guidelines are. Bottom line is you'll be able to carry an oz. around. Growing 6 plants when you were previously allowed to grow 0.0 plants is a 600% improvement...hands down.
I'd have to say: 1 step at a time. Get this thing passed and work out the bugs later.
It's either that or the whole thing has a stronger likelihood of getting tanked before it's up and running.
If NJ wants to keep it discreet and not out on front street like Cali, I can dig that. I honestly don't care what the reasoning or the rationale is. At the end of the day, I'd like to see the state make at least 1 move in the right direction.
This certainly seems like it. So if we can proceed forward with caution, and a modicum of discretion, it looks like we'll be 14 baby!!!!!!!!

Storm Crow

Veteran
Quotes.....

Quotes.....

"Damn I hope this gets passed and the restrictions on obtaining a card aren't any different than other state....."

"let's all keep our fingers crossed for this one"

"So how do we go about tuning it up?"

http://www.visi.com/juan/congress/cgi-bin/newseek.cgi?site=ctc&state=nj

Stop "hoping" and get busy! Uncross those fingers and get them typing! You need to tell them what you NEED!

You should have your senators and reps all BOOKMARKED at this sensitive time, so you can tell them daily what you think! Reciprocity with other MMJ states, dispensaries, job protection(!), caretaker to patient ratios, trading clones/seeds among patients, realistic plant/ ounces numbers,...I'm sure you guys can think of even more!

OK, I've told you what to do, gave you the link, gave you some great topics....I'm NOT going to write the letters for you! Get busy!

Granny :joint:

Storm Crow

Veteran
Dang! Just found another subject for you guys...

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2008/12/somerset_man_pleads_not_guilty.html

Somerset man pleads not guilty to growing marijuana
by Jennifer Golson/The Star-Ledger
Friday December 19, 2008, 7:21 PM

A Somerset County man pleaded not guilty today to drug production charges for allegedly growing 17 marijuana plants outside his home.

John Ray Wilson, 36, of Franklin Township, suffers from multiple sclerosis. His lawyer said Wilson uses the drug to help alleviate his symptoms.

Wilson is charged with maintaining or operating a drug production facility and with drug manufacturing. The plants were discovered on Aug. 18.

During an arraignment and status conference in Somerville, Wilson's attorney, James Wronko rejected the state's plea offer of six years in prison, three of them mandatory.

A helicopter pilot noticed the plants and contacted State Police, according to court papers. Members of the New Jersey State Police Marijuana Eradication Squad, Somerset County Prosecutor's Office and Franklin met with Wilson, authorities said.

Wilson was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in February 2002 and has no health insurance. He uses the marijuana and venom from bee stings to alleviate his symptoms, Wronko said.

"I can't conceive of any circumstances in which I would ever plead Mr .Wilson, or anyone for that matter, to three years in state prison because they were growing marijuana for personal use to treat multiple sclerosis," Wronko said after court.

The marijuana plants were mixed among other plants on the property. Wilson was growing marijuana so he would not have to get involved with street-level drug dealers, Wronko said.

Wilson's court proceedings come amid a debate in Trenton over medicinal marijuana. On Monday, the Senate Health, Human Services and Senior Citizens Committee approved a bill that would grant patients of debilitating diseases and chronic illnesses access to the drug to ease their suffering.

Under the New Jersey Compassionate Use Medical Marijuana Act, patients would need a written recommendation from their doctor and approval from the state Department of Health and Senior Services, which would issue identification cards. The patients could possess up to six plants and one ounce of usable marijuana under the bill, which is awaiting a full Senate vote.

Wilson is accused of manufacturing more than 10 plants. If convicted, he faces up to 20 years in state prison.

"I can't imagine the Legislature of the state of New Jersey would want to subject someone who is growing 10 marijuana plants outside to the same penalties as someone who is manufacturing methamphetamine, packaging and distributing" that drug, Wronko said. "He's facing a more severe sentence than a high-level dealer of crack cocaine would face."

This is just SO wrong! You guy almost have the law, and the DA wants to throw a MS patient in prison for 20 years! For not wanting to be in pain and growing some medicinal plants. Raise hell with this one, kids- it is morally wrong!

Granny

U

UBER21

Storm Crow said:
Dang! Just found another subject for you guys...

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2008/12/somerset_man_pleads_not_guilty.html

Somerset man pleads not guilty to growing marijuana
by Jennifer Golson/The Star-Ledger
Friday December 19, 2008, 7:21 PM

A Somerset County man pleaded not guilty today to drug production charges for allegedly growing 17 marijuana plants outside his home.

John Ray Wilson, 36, of Franklin Township, suffers from multiple sclerosis. His lawyer said Wilson uses the drug to help alleviate his symptoms.

Wilson is charged with maintaining or operating a drug production facility and with drug manufacturing. The plants were discovered on Aug. 18.

During an arraignment and status conference in Somerville, Wilson's attorney, James Wronko rejected the state's plea offer of six years in prison, three of them mandatory.

A helicopter pilot noticed the plants and contacted State Police, according to court papers. Members of the New Jersey State Police Marijuana Eradication Squad, Somerset County Prosecutor's Office and Franklin met with Wilson, authorities said.

Wilson was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in February 2002 and has no health insurance. He uses the marijuana and venom from bee stings to alleviate his symptoms, Wronko said.

"I can't conceive of any circumstances in which I would ever plead Mr .Wilson, or anyone for that matter, to three years in state prison because they were growing marijuana for personal use to treat multiple sclerosis," Wronko said after court.

The marijuana plants were mixed among other plants on the property. Wilson was growing marijuana so he would not have to get involved with street-level drug dealers, Wronko said.

Wilson's court proceedings come amid a debate in Trenton over medicinal marijuana. On Monday, the Senate Health, Human Services and Senior Citizens Committee approved a bill that would grant patients of debilitating diseases and chronic illnesses access to the drug to ease their suffering.

Under the New Jersey Compassionate Use Medical Marijuana Act, patients would need a written recommendation from their doctor and approval from the state Department of Health and Senior Services, which would issue identification cards. The patients could possess up to six plants and one ounce of usable marijuana under the bill, which is awaiting a full Senate vote.

Wilson is accused of manufacturing more than 10 plants. If convicted, he faces up to 20 years in state prison.

"I can't imagine the Legislature of the state of New Jersey would want to subject someone who is growing 10 marijuana plants outside to the same penalties as someone who is manufacturing methamphetamine, packaging and distributing" that drug, Wronko said. "He's facing a more severe sentence than a high-level dealer of crack cocaine would face."

This is just SO wrong! You guy almost have the law, and the DA wants to throw a MS patient in prison for 20 years! For not wanting to be in pain and growing some medicinal plants. Raise hell with this one, kids- it is morally wrong!

Granny

Damn thats some straight up bullshit....... :cuss: guys from jerz need to really step it up like granny said and contact ur local legis to get them moving on passing this law....thats just freaking in humane...

Sojourner

ureapwhatusow said:
jersey is a draconian state they should at least decrim
Boy howdy, you weren't kidding.

From Norml:
New Jersey
Cultivation
Less than 1 oz misdemeanor 18 months
1 oz to 5 lbs felony 3 - 5 years
5 to 25 lbs (or 10 to 50 plants) felony 5 - 10 years
More than 25 lbs felony (or more than 50 plants) 10 - 20 years
That is seriously messed up. How the fuck does this even make it into law? I just cannot imagine the thought process involved.

Storm Crow said:
Somerset man pleads not guilty to growing marijuana--snip
Damn. This strikes way too close to home for me. I have MS too, so I can easily put myself in this guy's shoes. It is terrifying to think that the government would lock us all away as criminals. I've read about plenty of other mmj busts, but somehow this one really gets to me. I would seriously donate to this man's legal defense. It's totally wrong and unjust to go after recreational smokers like this, but to go after medical users is just plain evil! What can I do to help?

Last edited:
U

UBER21

Read post # 26 by granny everything is right there man.....this bullshit needs to stop.........

i can't believe this is the first time i heard of this. i didn't see anything on the news or hear anything on the radio?

like others have said, it's a start in a better direction then what the state has been heading to. so i'm for it.

and thanks for the link granny, i got some work to put in.

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
Jersey=10+ plants=Felony operation of a narcotics manufacture facility=10-20

I moved. I'd move back if I could have 6 monsters. I can't believe that they are looking to lock the guy up in the shadow of the med vote. Even the plea offer - 3 yrs (36 mo) - would DO 2yrs+ for 17 outdoor plants. I love it there, and I honestly never expected the med law. Bout time the people got something for their stoopit high property taxes...

accessndx

Veteran
All I want for Christmas...

All I want for Christmas...

Dear Santa,

All I would really like for Christmas is the N.J. MMJ Law to go into FULL-METAL-EFFECT!

Hope it's not too much of a ball-breaker to ask for. So get on it with the elves already...

Oh, and I wouldn't mind a GI Joe Combat Squad: Jungle Expert "RECONDO" action figure with the Kung-Fu grip either.

833912cf2b12_main200.jpg

I've been good this year, so damn good it hurts to even acknowledge it without a propofol drip.

iv.gif

If you don't bust out with these two requests, I'll be sure to plant an authentic Vietnamese punji pit in the false bottom of my chimney for next year.

1117388-A-punji-pit-0.jpg

See how your little round belly handles that action...It'd be hard to be full of holiday cheer when you're full of holes.
If you survive, I'll curare your ass and then humiliate you gimp style in front of a web cam that's on a live German shizer fetish site.

mrleather.png

So get with the program Nick. They want it, I want it...we ALL want it. Oooh, and while you're at it, give Mrs. Claus her Christmas goose early with my regards.

Michelob-Santa-Claus--25087.jpg

Love, AccessNDX.
Happy Holidays!!!​

accessndx

Veteran
Oh man Finkl...then you definitely don't want to sign up for that mailing list. The first step after signing up is they come to your house like Jehovah's witnesses dressed in fan leaves....holding large glass bongs like a baton. The worst thing is their vehicle has flashing green lights on top with a big megaphone that constantly plays Bob Marley music like a stoner version of the Good Humor man. Very unsubtle. I've been trying to convince them for years that they need to step it down a bit so that people don't feel so "outted" by their first visit.

big mike

where would i sign up for this mailing list?? I hope its online mail...I wouldn't want it to come to my house...thanks

cmmnj.org to sign up

Monthly Public Meeting

Lawrence Township Library

Tuesday, January 13, 2009; 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM

Minutes:

Meeting was called to order at 7:20 PM and adjourned at 8:45 PM. The December 2008 minutes were approved.

Ø The NJ Senate Health Committee voted 6 – 1 in favor of “The New Jersey Compassionate Use Medical Marijuana Act” (S119) on 12/15/08 as amended. The bill now goes to the entire Senate for a vote, probably in February, 2009. CMMNJ will send Press Releases before the vote to rally support, and after the vote to discuss the outcome. CMMNJ supporters are urged to contact your senator today to show your support for the legislation. If you visit your senator’s office, make an appointment and prepare your presentation so that you can deliver the essential message in a minute or two.

Ø Much hard work needs to be done before S119 passes into law. Current attempts to get NJ ID cards or open Alternative Treatment Centers are premature and must be discouraged. CMMNJ had an LTE published in the Times of Trenton on 12/16 on behalf of multiple sclerosis patient John Wilson, who was arrested recently for cultivation and use of medical marijuana. New Jersey Network (NJN) did an excellent short feature on him on 1/7/09. John faces 10 to 20 years in state prison, according to NJN.

Ø Much favorable media attention for CMMNJ and medical marijuana, inc. a Lawrence Ledger article and editorial endorsement; a Trentonian article, and a WZBN cable TV spot 1/13/09. For the latest newspaper stories, photos, & the CMMNJ Annual Report for 2008, visit Facebook .

Ø CMMNJ’s 2009 recommendations are: 1. Pass the New Jersey bill, S119, into law. 2. Stop all federal harassment of medical marijuana patients and treatment centers. 3. Reschedule marijuana to a more appropriate schedule.

Ø CMMNJ submitted to the Michigan Dept. of Community Health comments regarding the proposed rules to enact their recently passed medical marijuana law. The MI DCH will issue revised rules soon.

Ø CMMNJ will be on WIBG 1020 AM Radio (also on the Web) on 1/20/09 from 10:00 – 11:00 AM.

Ø Treasury report: Checking account ($1958.43); Paypal account ($450.67). Please consider a tax-deductible donation to CMMNJ, a 501(c)(3) organization. Any amount is appreciated and 100% goes towards public education about medical marijuana. Donations may be made through Paypal or checks made out to “CMMNJ” and sent to corporate headquarters at the address below. Thank you.

Next Meeting: February 10, 2009 at the Lawrence Twp. Library, from 7:00 PM until 9:00 PM. All are welcome. Light refreshments are served. (Meeting at the library does not imply their endorsement of our issue.) For more info:

Ken Wolski, RN, MPA

Executive Director, Coalition for Medical Marijuana--New Jersey, Inc. www.cmmnj.org

844 Spruce St., Trenton, NJ 08648

(609) 394-2137 ohamkrw@aol.com