Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > Marijuana News > Marijuana Is More Dangerous Than You Think

Thread Title Search
Marijuana Is More Dangerous Than You Think Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2019, 08:14 PM #71
armedoldhippy

armedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivor
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzypog View Post
//www.foxnews.com/opinion/pot-is-already-legal-in-lots-of-places-now-we-need-strong-warning-labels-to-keep-the-public-safe
I seen this today, I was stunned, they cited nothing in statistic at all. I have never felt violent when smoking, ( okay I did attack a bag of doritos), I do not know if I am crazy and I do not think smoke makes me a better driver. It is amazing that if you pay attention to the interview, it really was about money. Alex berenson should seek out opposing opinions than just those in public service who maybe biased, pay attention to what this guy says in the interview, it is all one sided(biased).
Doritos, lol. they take a LOT of abuse. i'm pretty sure that smoking DOES make me a "safer" driver, maybe not a "better" one. probably because i drive a LOT slower when high. my friends/family will back me up on this as well. my wife once said (after hair-raising ride on notorious 4-lane stretch of highway) "boy, i can't wait until you start smoking again!" ditto my offspring. on my own, i am a type A personality driver, in WAY too big of a hurry. slightly medicated, i am more often than not late, because i slow down for yellow lights and actually STOP for red ones, while allowing folks around me to merge/change lanes w/out upraised fingers, hunking horns etc.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-14-2019, 11:37 PM #72
izzypog

izzypog will become famous soon enoughizzypog will become famous soon enough
@armedoldhippie , laughing, I will bitch about everyones driving even when high, I just hate how most people stereo type everyone anymore, it is like everything needs to be labeled and quantified so that people can come to terms with reality. Most studies on cannabis are half assed and have no actual merit. On a road trip whether short or long, my girl and I will burn a joint, it never gets to heavy and we are always paying attention, of course we smoke sativa.
izzypog is offline Quote

Old 01-15-2019, 08:23 AM #73
clearheaded

clearheaded is a jewel in the roughclearheaded is a jewel in the roughclearheaded is a jewel in the roughclearheaded is a jewel in the roughclearheaded is a jewel in the roughclearheaded is a jewel in the roughclearheaded is a jewel in the roughclearheaded is a jewel in the rough
yea that potency thing again. a older pharmacist got the shpeel at some conference. had to explain they had hash back in the day which was just as or more potent then 80% of the weed sold. also instead of smoking 1 giant of 8% u smoke 1/4 of the size of a 20% as hits harder with more terps to pass it over blood brin barrier and also less overall smoking which is the bad part. Also less pesticide sprayed mexi brix and Heavy metal tested cleaner smoke also know potency so know can consume less.

also there has to be a giant bias, as people who thougth would go to jail as being set up by admiting to smoking vs a legal state where people are happier to share their usage. similarly asking 12 yo boy if he pulls his pud, vs a 26 or 75year olds. even if say its anonymous reality is different then what is stated some scared to admit some happy to some wish they did/could do more...
clearheaded is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-15-2019, 06:27 PM #74
izzypog

@clearheaded, I always bought top shelf when I was younger. Only on a couple of occasions did I ever have the brick weed, it super sucked, if anything, it really is not the potency, it is more the quality that has gotten better. Now, I grow my own, I am afraid some idiot on the street will sell me some fetynal laced crap and kill me. As far as people pulling their puds, I have my own and my girlfriend helps me with that.
izzypog is offline Quote

Old 01-15-2019, 08:18 PM #75
soil margin

soil margin is a name known to allsoil margin is a name known to allsoil margin is a name known to allsoil margin is a name known to allsoil margin is a name known to allsoil margin is a name known to allsoil margin is a name known to allsoil margin is a name known to allsoil margin is a name known to allsoil margin is a name known to allsoil margin is a name known to all
The thing I find to be highly deceptive when people try to make the point that current cannabis potency is drastically higher than it was 40-50 years ago, is that they never want to talk about or acknowledge the fact of diminishing returns. E.g. smoke a 1 gram joint, then wait a week and smoke a 2 gram joint. The 2 gram joint does not get you twice as high as the 1 gram joint, it gets you maybe 20,30,40% higher. You only have so many cannabinoid receptors in your body, it's a fixed amount. So ingesting 10x as much THC will get you higher, but it's not going to get you 10x higher.

In addition, people automatically tailor their consumption quantity based on the potency. If you're used to smoking outdoor brick weed and then someone gives you a free bag of the finest quality indoor, you probably won't need to smoke as much everyday because a smaller amount gets you just as high. The anti-cannabis crowd never wants to acknowledge or talk about this. They want to push this idea that a doubling of the average cannabis plant potency must translate to a doubling of cannabis side effects and problems, which is clearly not the case and we have decades of evidence now showing that.
soil margin is offline Quote

Old 01-15-2019, 09:26 PM #76
mr.brunch

mr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivor
If it was a legal market, people could at least choose their potency.... like with alcohol, strongest doesn’t always mean best.
It’s the illegal status that has been the driver for smaller, stronger plants- if they’d left it alone we’d still be smoking nice import weed and hash.
On the plus side, it has given us the incentive to grow our own though

https://www.jackherer.com/thebook/

Originally posted by jimmy cliff:

Well they tell me ‘bout the pie up in the sky,
Waiting for me when I die
But between the day you’re born and when you die,
They never seem to hear even your cry.
So as soon as the sun
Will shine,
I'm gonna get my share of
What's mine.
And then the harder they come ,
The harder they fall,
One and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post

Put out the joint, step away from the computer and go for a walk.
Current: holy seeds bitter cherry punch-
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=358248

Current: real gorilla seeds lemon dizzle-
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=358798
mr.brunch is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-15-2019, 10:59 PM #77
HuffnPufferfish

HuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really nice
nice propaganda, goebbels would have been proud

Quote:
@armedoldhippie , laughing, I will bitch about everyones driving even when high
after racing for over a decade on tracks, people on PUBLIC roads drive INSANE!

Old 01-16-2019, 12:30 AM #78
izzypog

I am a pretty decent driver, I love the guy/gal that likes to speed up so they can be ahead of you only to end up sitting at the same stop light, love those people.
izzypog is offline Quote

Old 01-20-2019, 06:51 PM #79
Medfinder

Medfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud of
Green,Greed Rush.

the government seems to have given the private jails time to adjust to filling the Jails with other offenders of american law.

Following the Money of Mass Incarceration | Prison Policy Initiative

182 billion dollar industry with roots into politicians it seems.

https://www.prisonpolicy.org/reports/money.html

Money, Not Morals, Drives Marijuana Prohibition Movement

https://www.opensecrets.org/news/201...tion-movement/

i felt like after seeing that nug pic at the link... hmm..my nugs look better...

well.... i need to humble my envy.

BUT IT LOOKS SO MUCH BETTER!

Acts 2:38 (KJV)
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Genesis 1:29 (KJV)
29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
Medfinder is offline Quote

Old 01-22-2019, 06:33 AM #80
soil margin

soil margin is a name known to allsoil margin is a name known to allsoil margin is a name known to allsoil margin is a name known to allsoil margin is a name known to allsoil margin is a name known to allsoil margin is a name known to allsoil margin is a name known to allsoil margin is a name known to allsoil margin is a name known to allsoil margin is a name known to all
Quote:
I am a pretty decent driver, I love the guy/gal that likes to speed up so they can be ahead of you only to end up sitting at the same stop light, love those people.
Hah. The absolute funniest is when I'm walking down a busy street, some asshole cuts me off when I'm walking through a crosswalk to make his right turn, only to get stopped at the end of the street at the next crosswalk, and just walking at a normal pace I end up being at the exact same place at the exact same time as the douche who had to cut me off to get where he was going 3 seconds faster.
soil margin is offline Quote