You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Soil > New Study

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
New Study Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-03-2019, 05:28 AM #1
Traceofvenom

Traceofvenom has a spectacular aura aboutTraceofvenom has a spectacular aura aboutTraceofvenom has a spectacular aura aboutTraceofvenom has a spectacular aura aboutTraceofvenom has a spectacular aura about
New Study

Hope everyone enjoyed the holidays. Looking forward to a great year as it is now legal to grow in Oklahoma with a Medical Card.

I am trying out my first scrog. After researching I have positioned the trellis approximately 18" from level of the soil. When I ordered my beanz they threw in a couple of freebies. Turns out that one of them was an auto. The packaging wasn't marked stating that one of the seeds was an auto just that they were feminized. Anyway. I am going to veg the others until I harvest the auto. Good time to fill the trellis.

Just wondering what you all think of the Scrog method. Advantages and disadvantages for those of you that have scrogged.. Strains that you have scrogged, additional techniques you have deployed while scrogging. I have various strains going. Trying out some White Widow. It's one I have always wanted to study. Old School!

Happy New Year!
Traceofvenom is offline Quote

Old 01-24-2019, 02:01 AM #2
gardener60

gardener60 has a spectacular aura aboutgardener60 has a spectacular aura aboutgardener60 has a spectacular aura aboutgardener60 has a spectacular aura aboutgardener60 has a spectacular aura about
Welcome to the club. Today was the first day that i Scrogged. I will put up some pics tomorrow. I do not think that i did a bad job but was clearly novice. This grow will be a learning grow. I did not invest a lot of money on my seeds. I got them free from a friend.
They were bag seeds and out of 7 seeds germinated i got one male and 6 females. The plants are budding under my half ass scrog. One good thing i did not break a single stem. You will not learn how to scrog until you do it. Next time i will do it earlier and with more confidence. They say you can get more buds because the stems will multiply by bending and scrogging. This is my two cents.

A Cannabis Growing Guide - All that you need to know to get started

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=112662
gardener60 is offline Quote

Old 01-24-2019, 06:09 AM #3
Traceofvenom

Traceofvenom has a spectacular aura aboutTraceofvenom has a spectacular aura aboutTraceofvenom has a spectacular aura aboutTraceofvenom has a spectacular aura aboutTraceofvenom has a spectacular aura about
Yeah,

The girls are pretty malleable. I always lift the netting over the stretching branches as much as possible. Less stress on the plants. Lots of give and take with the net itself then the ability to bend the branches enough to how you want to place them. I am thinking about putting another net above the one I have but with smaller openings like 3"

Peace

Old 01-25-2019, 05:45 AM #4
Traceofvenom

Day 9 Flower

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-25-2019, 06:54 AM #5
gardener60

gardener60 has a spectacular aura aboutgardener60 has a spectacular aura aboutgardener60 has a spectacular aura aboutgardener60 has a spectacular aura aboutgardener60 has a spectacular aura about
What I have been told and read. It is a good time to scrog these girls down. How many times have you topped them? Nine day flower looks good.

A Cannabis Growing Guide - All that you need to know to get started

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=112662

Last edited by gardener60; 01-27-2019 at 05:13 AM.. Reason: left out some words
gardener60 is offline Quote

Old 01-27-2019, 12:00 AM #6
Traceofvenom

They are in a scrog now. I might get another net with 3" squares to really get the top performing colas isolated. They are about 6 inches above the scrog net now. I still have room to bend and tuck if I decide not to do another net. Either way they are looking great! I topped them only once. I have 6 plants in a 4x4 tent in 5 gal smart pots. From here out I am not going to plant that many and I am going to stick with maybe two strains instead of five. I've seen a grow where one plant filled out a 4x4 footprint. It's all about finding that one strain or two that you resonate with then make a mother and you have it for a very long time without having to pay for weed again. I just got my MMJ card. Fixing to head out to some dispensaries get a few nuggets and test then buy the seeds of the select few I choose. Takes out the guess work. You can only go off photos and other peoples opinions regarding strains so much. When you can actually try the product then is when you know rather a strain is worth investing time and money in. That's the beauty of dispensaries and it being legal for MMJ card holders. Fucking love it! I am also looking at trying LED lights. Check out the ES300 and the Nextcore light. Google those two and tell me which one you think is the best!

Peace

Old 01-27-2019, 05:04 AM #7
growdady

growdady will become famous soon enoughgrowdady will become famous soon enough
Looking good so far! what did you end up picking up at the dispensary?
growdady is offline Quote

Old 01-27-2019, 05:25 AM #8
Traceofvenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by growdady View Post
Looking good so far! what did you end up picking up at the dispensary?
Yo Gd,

Ended up getting some Agent Orange Excellent Sativa, Skywalker OG, Grape Dawg and Blueberry Headband and a Sour Diesel cartridge! When I broke up the Grape Dawg it had itty bitty fragments of seed membranes which turned me off. I know as a dispensary owner I would inspect my product a little more thoroughly. Anyway, overall good flower. Hundreds of dispensaries are popping up so hopefully the price comes down in the near future.I will try several more strains before I pull the trigger on getting some beanz. Depending on how well this Widow is I might just do another round with just widow focus on getting that strain dialed in as this would cover a lot of the white strains out there and there are many whom's parentages lead back to the Widow.

Peace

-Your most valued commodity is your time. Spend it wisely-

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-27-2019, 01:49 PM #9
growdady

growdady will become famous soon enoughgrowdady will become famous soon enough
Sorry to hear about the Grape Dawg did you bother smoking it? Did the sour diesel cartridge get you lifted? Agent Orange sound like some killer smoke. Skywalker OG I have tried in the past was some good smoke as I recall. Never smoked Blueberry Headband. Once again looking good in your grow room. PEACE
growdady is offline Quote

Old 01-27-2019, 11:03 PM #10
Traceofvenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by growdady View Post
Sorry to hear about the Grape Dawg did you bother smoking it? Did the sour diesel cartridge get you lifted? Agent Orange sound like some killer smoke. Skywalker OG I have tried in the past was some good smoke as I recall. Never smoked Blueberry Headband. Once again looking good in your grow room. PEACE

Well, I didn't throw it way lol... Haven't opened the cartridge yet but I have already tried it from a buddy and it is bomb!

1 members found this post helpful.