Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Soil > Have you Overwatering problems indoors? This helps you

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Have you Overwatering problems indoors? This helps you Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-13-2018, 04:32 PM #1
jrelax
Banned

jrelax is a jewel in the roughjrelax is a jewel in the roughjrelax is a jewel in the roughjrelax is a jewel in the roughjrelax is a jewel in the roughjrelax is a jewel in the roughjrelax is a jewel in the rough
Have you Overwatering problems indoors? This helps you

Hello

We are different how we grow and water.

Some like water alot
Some hate watering
Some handle this perfekt

If you are that OVERWATER type grower like i was ?
Then try the Fabric Textile Pots / dirt pots
They drain out faster.
They get more air.
You need water them more than normal plastic pots.

Now my grow is perfekt with my new fabric textile pots.
I have plants in them about one week now, i water twice.
And the top was dry and nice today, first time for me
They work good
if you like water extra.

The only negative things is you need hand wash them after you harvest, clean up them a little., Dont do it in washingmachine please. Handwash only, the machine can get destroyed, and machine wash long time.
What i read is quick handwash with simple water only.

they last 3-5 times only, if you want them work 100% i have read. dont wash and re-use them more than 3-5 times

Also buy good brand to get all the benefits 100%

There is alot benefits
better drainage
more air to roots
no rootbound/rot
bigger healthier rootsystems

If you are lazy grower, you dont like watering?, stay to normal plastic then is my advice

They are named as DIRT POTS also

They are awaible in different sizes
There is round and square/cube

You find them everywhere , like ebay, amazon, growshops

Try Google DIRT POTS and read a bit
good luck all

Last edited by jrelax; 12-13-2018 at 04:45 PM..
jrelax is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-27-2018, 09:15 PM #2
Magnificat

Magnificat will become famous soon enoughMagnificat will become famous soon enough
It's funny you bring this very topic up. I used to be a classic over water-er. I could never properly judge the containers and so i chose hydro over soil for the longest time.

But alas, I have learned how to judge properly and now my nephew who is also growing using my formulas and guidelines is also over watering or having some issues again caused by his initial transplant and over watering.

And yes, we both use the air pots, or cloth fabric 5 gallon bags. I love them.
Magnificat is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-27-2018, 09:42 PM #3
MrBungle

MrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud of
I've been using the same dirty smart pots for 10+ years.... washing them is not necessary, but if you want to have at it..... They last a very long time even outdoors....
MrBungle is offline Quote

Old 01-20-2019, 03:18 AM #4
Magnificat

Magnificat will become famous soon enoughMagnificat will become famous soon enough
And as for the results! Just look for yourself, these are 5 gallon pots but should yield 2.5-3Z per plant..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pics40.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	482861
Magnificat is offline Quote

Old 01-20-2019, 03:44 AM #5
Oliver Pantsoff

Oliver Pantsoff is a name known to allOliver Pantsoff is a name known to allOliver Pantsoff is a name known to allOliver Pantsoff is a name known to allOliver Pantsoff is a name known to allOliver Pantsoff is a name known to allOliver Pantsoff is a name known to allOliver Pantsoff is a name known to allOliver Pantsoff is a name known to allOliver Pantsoff is a name known to allOliver Pantsoff is a name known to all
Older cat told me to use comments sense when it comes to watering, and less is always better.

OP
Oliver Pantsoff is offline Quote

Old 01-29-2019, 09:31 PM #6
gardener60

gardener60 has a spectacular aura aboutgardener60 has a spectacular aura aboutgardener60 has a spectacular aura aboutgardener60 has a spectacular aura aboutgardener60 has a spectacular aura about
All i do is stick my whole finger in the soil, get down in there and feel. You will know when to water or feed. Just my 2 cents.

A Cannabis Growing Guide - All that you need to know to get started

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=112662
gardener60 is offline Quote

Old 01-29-2019, 10:37 PM #7
Rab.C

Rab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really nice
great post i was told by my local hydro shop smart pots and airpots are great for over watering problems...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	81ea3d7WtTL._SY355_.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	483974
Rab.C is offline Quote

Old 01-30-2019, 02:33 AM #8
moonymonkey

moonymonkey is a jewel in the roughmoonymonkey is a jewel in the roughmoonymonkey is a jewel in the roughmoonymonkey is a jewel in the roughmoonymonkey is a jewel in the roughmoonymonkey is a jewel in the rough
Arrow

some peeps have taken over watered plants and replanted them to dry soil...only watered wen plant show it needed it first time after transplant. moonmart
moonymonkey is offline Quote

Old 01-30-2019, 03:24 AM #9
Unk_OG

Unk_OG will become famous soon enoughUnk_OG will become famous soon enoughUnk_OG will become famous soon enough
Bandaids

Look I’m not trying to be a d!˘k but, wouldn’t it be best to really try and get a handle on the over watering issue? Smart pots and the like are great for roots. Roots. Seems like looking for a pot that will fix not “knowing” your pots is just kind of a band-aid. I’ve been doin this 3 years now and I can grow some really nice bud, last run finally hit a pound+ under one 1000 water. I have tons more to learn. Most folks seem to start off with plastic pots. It’s part of the basics, I feel at least. There won’t be a quick fix for everything.

As far as recommending “lazy” growers should use plastic pots, well that’s a silly statement. My room is pretty dialed in/stable as far temps/humidity. My plastic 5 gallon pots are so light every other day they need a gallon and a half to keep them from tipping over.

Think of it like this: Do you want pricey nutrients you paid good money for just evaporating into the air to make up for the fact that you are giving them too much in the first place, or because the plants ate that shit! Let that sink in for a minute. Good luck to ya.

Last edited by Unk_OG; 01-30-2019 at 04:06 AM..
Unk_OG is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-30-2019, 01:21 PM #10
Switcher56
Confortably numb!

Switcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant future
They are great pots but, there design was never intended to stave off over watering! Nutrients evaporating? That's a good one
Switcher56 is offline Quote