What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Leafs twisting

Growzlow

Someone help seedlings are 3 weeks old. Ph to 5.8 ppm 180 maxibloom

Attachments

• 15477677725575410290317141497819.jpg
    15477677725575410290317141497819.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 19

FJ2000

Light your using? Temp and Rh?
Intense light stunted my seedlings on my last grow..
I backed off the light on my current run and my seedlings are at fifth node 2 weeks from sticking head above ground, probably same size as week 4 last run.

Hydro8

Too much light !

Leaves twist when they are trying to hide from light. Most growers do not give seedlings small light until the plants are bigger.

Growzlow

Ok i think i got it back on track thanks for the help...i had another question what would happen if you where to cut all the budsites off and leave 1 set of fan leaves? Would it just grow new sites or would it just die

SuperBadGrower

I'm not sure about those hanging heights. When I see 1000w and purple light, I think "240w actual draw", and about 450 ppfd right in the 'hot'spot at 18 inches.

SuperBadGrower

At 3 weeks my seedlings are like 3 or 4 times the size and I run them under full blast of epistar blurple from the moment they germinate. I honestly don't see any leaf twisting, or any problem at all. Besides that this plant is tiny for 3 weeks. Maybe it's because the picture is of bad quality. Everything is purple and the plant is sideways.

If my plants get too close to the led it's obvious because the new growth at the top shows the problem. It gets chlorotic and then growth stunts. But that only happens at less than 12 inches with these kind of diodes... And I just dont see any symptoms of that here at all.

Sometimes those little 'folds' in the seedlings leaves just happen they are normal... before they get their 5 fingered ones leaves.

just my 2 cents using this kind of light for veg for 1.5 year non stop.