What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Living soil recipi for big heavy trees

Bio boy

What are u all using?

Seen some living soil growing 15g plants
While other pulled 21oz.

Im using coots and i feel others are using somthing superior... As im not gettin what u al get doing it cootsy.

Whats ur recipie and what dya yield

Mattbho

Dank Frank's super soil is superior to everything I've tried . The bigger the pot the longer the veg the bigger plant.

Stick a clone in a 30gal grow bag veg/train it for a few months then you should get approx gram per watt of lighting once u flower it

Bio boy

Planned 80 gal and 9 seed. My floor wont take more. I norm do 9 in my coco/hydros.

Heard the roots interweave so no limit unlike pots?

Veg em 6 weeks big trees and flower.

I use either 600w para and 4led 200w or 2x600w. Nornaly i get atleast 1000gram. So jusy hoping i will living too

Swayze

There are so many variables at play. Differences in yield shouldn't really be compared unless it's the same strain and even then its a crapshoot. Some strains are higher yielding than others. Light/Environment can be very different.

Get everything dialed in and grow out a couple of crops of the same strain to give yourself a base. Use Blumats if you can to eliminate the watering variable and make your life a lot easier.

If you're going with 80 gals of soil I'm betting you'll be recycling/no-tilling it. Some amendments may not fully break down the first cycle if you haven't had your soil sitting around for a while so don't worry too much if it's not the most amazing plant you've ever grown. The soil will get better with time and so will the plant growth.