What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seed co bust in spain anyone know which?

bibi40

Birdseedbreeders anyway, best news in a long time!!...

any argument ?
Hatred is often rooted in ignorance.

I grew a lot of Hso Mango sapphire , several dinafem strains ,
certainly not for birds , or perhaps royal eagles ...

:tiphat:

mack 10

Veteran
50properties, 12 mil cash, 20 mil in seeds, some good money in seeds,. Maybe I should start a seed co..;-)
(Prob a nice sideline in hash too.)
Been watched since 2018..
Dam. That's smashed the euro seed biz.
Would be interested in seeing the so called lab. As the grow shown on the YouTube video was not exactly super tech.
Sucks though.looks like someone thought they where getting too much of the pie and wanted there slice.
Must of pissed someone off back in 08.

mr.brunch

Veteran
I highly doubt all that cash is just from selling the seed.
I expect there was a lot of seed-less flying out the back door also....
If you get that wealthy with no legal explanation, then you’ll shine up on the radar for sure.

But if you own a bank, you can legally rob the whole world apparently.

bibi40

I highly doubt all that cash is just from selling the seed.
I expect there was a lot of seed-less flying out the back door also....
If you get that wealthy with no legal explanation, then you’ll shine up on the radar for sure.

But if you own a bank, you can legally rob the whole world apparently.

They don' t sell only seeds ,
they' re the first supplyer for all growing purpose ( lights , boxs , soil , feeding , whatever you need. ) .

for me the amount is not improbable .

mr.brunch

Veteran
If they weren’t selling the green, then they’re bigger people than I.
Even if every last bud was seeded, I couldn’t in all good conscience trash the remains.
There’d be buckets of extracts to be had!

radioman

Wow so somebody starts a Cannabis Seed business - They do well - Then they get busted because they do well?... It's just Cannabis - It's not like it was Fentanyl or Heroin Factory. It is just Cannabis!...

G

Birdseedbreeders anyway, best news in a long time!!...

Better spend your money with the good guys like karma, connoisseur genetics or other seedbay breeders, if u look out in the eu...

Or Cannabiogen or Ace... Or any company with a real breeder really

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
when dinafem first came out maybe 15 years ago - they seemed very professional in all they did - producing very glossy catalogues - and marketing/advertizing throughout the industry was very thorough - looks like they concentrated on feminized seeds -

- I don't like to see the cops take down any canna-business - what radioman says above - ''it is just cannabis'' - and now the cannabis industry has lost a big seed distributor - and possibly hundreds of people have lost income = food on the table - in these difficult times - last year - I grew a little auto 'freebie' seed I got from dinafem (not sure of the variety) - here is a picture of it -

picture.php

Red October

Are there any suggestions for strains that people should try and get before the stock dries up? Most reviews seem mixed but I'm sure they must have some gems in their lineups

SuperBadGrower

Man whoever disses Dinafem must have had some bad luck. You find keepers in 3 packs. With fem seed they are easily in the top 3. I dont even know what to recommend, if I had the $ I would've bought the entire catalogue :biglaugh: the best thing you can do is read the descriptions because they often are quite accurate compared to other seed suppliers.

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
My 2c there are people in prison today for cannabis possession which itself is a conflict of interest within any cannabis related industry.

Children rather young people especially majority socioeconomic classes of people meaning mostly everyone or quote unquote poor have less than wealthy and cultural views of melanin or skin tone or cultural identity. Certain people have been targeted over years decades generations. Not to offend any readers who may view themselves as white or with less melanin because I am sure many European or Caucasian youth have also been arrested for cannabis possession. Just not in the same proportion. Which suggests unequivocally corrupted law enforcement. In other words I will simply not arrest my own children for cannabis and will choose who to arrest and for what. This is not playing by the rules and it is not law enforcement.

We see cannabis cultivation and hashish production in places without electricity or running water. And consumers providing photographs of imported hash. The quality is not impressive when hashish says 24% thc.

When you are able to purchase quality seeds from people who are present and active [on IC Mag] for less than postage cost you have to ask yourself what interest you have in imported hashish. Rather think about making hash with plants you have grown and what quality and cost you expect or consider reasonable. Offer the amount you would want for your hash to the supplier and see what they are able to produce without and smuggling fees. It does not work to think people can walk around during the day and ignore a third world or hidden economy going on as though it is all unrelated.

If and/or when there is a place or entity outfit person company with an entire field say an acre or hectare or many greenhouses or the indoor equivalent filled with plants, you also wonder pretty quickly what they are cultivating with in terms of soil or added chemicals. It would not surprise me if there are people purchasing bags of lawn fertilizer and stuff like that, bulk quantities of powder chemical fertilizers that come in plastic containers like laundry detergent. That is really only a cash crop and harms the soil and surrounding ecology. Imagine coupled with unfair labor conditions and people that go around with suitcases full of cash in their yachts. No thanks not interested in that. That number of seeds is enough to plant the land area of Earth more or less. Unless the article is fabricated it sounds like someone missed their intended goal. If someone in California named their company Morocco Hashish. That is how it sounds having a seed bank in Spain selling copies or unique California varieties. The number of places that advertise seeds especially feminized autoflowering seeds for example purchase one seed and receive one seed for free suggests a circus. Resellers in a supply chain. Not cannabis cared for grown with love and skill and selected for in future generations. More of a conveyor belt factory setting.

Som 2

Is there any word on whether this was done by the Spanish authorities on their own initiative or under pressure from the EU or US?

TheDarkStorm

Alot of companies have been outsourcing there seed from private growers like these in spain....an i expect that more companies than we know have been getting their seeds from this network, with some putting different names on there strains....it isnt just the big company fronts that have been busted but some small private growers who have been making the seed a I bet for more people than you know....plus the loss of alot of mother plants..that are responsible for alot of seed....gone

soopy

Veteran
Big outfit, small outfit, it doesn’t matter...the fact that these folks were busted for propagating a plant that we all love, cherish and revere us absurd. Like them or not, they were putting their lively hood on the line, and taking a personal risk, so that we all could grow our own herb. I may have disagreements with what they charged, how they went about it, who they consorted with, but at the end of the day they were doing the same thing that we do....cultivate cannabis because of the belief that it is a harmless plant that benefits more people than it could ever conceivably hurt.
Gypsy is right, they don’t deserve the arrest and treatment as criminals that they have been served with....yes, maybe they were doing unfavorable things with their gains from it, but who are we to decide and pass judgement on their intentions. They were busted for doing what we all do....cultivate a plant that we all love. A plant that has never killed anyone in the history of time, and that has saved more lives than will ever be known.
I don’t “like” the commercial seed business...I have been in the “industry” for almost 20 years...my personal feelings for how and why someone is doing it is beside the point, I don’t think that catching a case for cannabis cultivation is acceptable.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
From what i've heard in recent years, many of the bigger European seedbanks had subcontracted seed production to spain... and that certain outfits (presumably like dinafem) made most of the seeds... or they themselves had an extended circle of growers that produced different batches of seed for them.
Sounds like a lot of that wider circle got busted along with the central organisation.

Does anyone know if Positronics were another that got affected? I know their 'new incarnation' was based in Spain...

Interesting change too, not sure why/what is behind it.. but for years, growers have mostly been left alone in Spain.. maybe that period is over?

VG

HalfArsedFarmer

When you start your company by basically buying packs of A seedbanks reguar lines and then turning them into femmed versions whilst not credditing the bank who's work you borrowed, some might say it's karma.

Humbot & La mota seem to have been caught up too sadly...

It also shows how much change is being made on overpriced seeds these days..
People need to wake up and vote with their wallet.
A lot of the European banks & the US one's too are getting far too greedy.
Euro banks getting clones from US spraying them up and asking €10 plus a seed, fuck off lads.

US growers just smashing clone only to this that and the other with no testing and asking silly money too...
Having made seeds numerous times I know how many you can pull from a small enough room.

You can get good quality smoke from seeds that cost very little...

A theif in a suit is still a thief......