What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Returning to the classics - Widow & Skunk recommends?

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Orig white widow and rhino were superb examples of wrap around your head stoniness I haven't tasted or felt since jerry was alive

100%

The old white widow had a kick that the modern 25% plus THC strains barely scratch, I wonder what was bred out or what is missing from the equation..That said it was high THC, we never had testing available back in the day but the stuff was frosted like anything, but smoking a spliff of that was like a mild dose of shrooms along with a sit ur ass on the couch for next few hours and stare at the wall or TV in a delerium..The modern stuff I get blazed for 30 mins then come down and need another..LOL Smoke oil spliffs with even higher THC and same, but smoke an old haze indi hybrid and halfway thru the pinner I cant keep my eyes open and have slid so deep into the couch Im lost..something definately missing in modern stuff, but that off topic..Good thread, Im still looking for my old widow I lost..

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
I have a handsome male WW x SK#1 from Cultivators Choice, SamS, as well as a Rhino x skunk boykie still some of those available on RGSeeds or seedbay somewhere as far as I know. His skunk male and widow made in the 90's aparently, I have high hopes.I also have a whole swathe of select pheno hunted plants from the modern stuff, cookies, gelato and sherbert and bananas this and that and fruity frosty cali stuff, as well as the real Exodus cheese and blue dream and chem crosses and other more classic stuff, and its all going in for one big sex up!

I'm also needing some of the old school mold resistance to be bred into the commercial cuts I run for greenhouse production..The old school what did the OP say "wrap yer head around stonedness" or something, and old school flavas will also be welcome with the modern frost turning up the volume...

The old blueberries we used to have/get, blockhead crosses I was sent once, the old school widow. C99, that shiskaberry, chocolope..some stuff is sorely missed..my mates these days are all gaga over the new age cali stuff, we are on other side of the planet, but I assure them our circle had much that was comparable 10-15-20 years ago thanks mates travelling and to the dutch seedbacks and neville and co and thanks to the bros on overgrow, mycotopia, here etc, that used to share genetics freely and thanks to our pollen chucking..A lot of interesting african genetics also were sent back, cali has had malawi, congo, durbans, swazis for atleast 15 years, stuff we have lost here since in its homelands thanks to crop spraying etc. by dea and local army (stopped in court! But that another story, they try that spraying shit again the fuckers, the DEA agents/army end up thrown in jail due to court injunction, gotta love a legal system actually used to serve justice) ;)

Anyway..thank god we still have an excellent 30yr old skunk in our stable..holds it own against any modern stuff, in fact it is a far superior smoke even at 18-20%..market will pay almost double for it compared to the best modern genetics..after we sent samples explaining it does not meet COA for THC, but open the bag and try some LOL..boss decided we are filling rooms with it..im happy, its my love, been growing it almost exclusively for over ten years..unfortunately clone only.

When I have had half decent skunks in the past the widow cross of it was spectacular..so I am hoping for the best for sams seed..I miss my old late 90's early 2000's widow, this thread been great for avenues to follow up on. Keep it coming folks..

madalasatori

Veteran
100%

The old white widow had a kick that the modern 25% plus THC strains barely scratch, I wonder what was bred out or what is missing from the equation..That said it was high THC, we never had testing available back in the day but the stuff was frosted like anything, but smoking a spliff of that was like a mild dose of shrooms along with a sit ur ass on the couch for next few hours and stare at the wall or TV in a delerium..The modern stuff I get blazed for 30 mins then come down and need another..LOL Smoke oil spliffs with even higher THC and same, but smoke an old haze indi hybrid and halfway thru the pinner I cant keep my eyes open and have slid so deep into the couch Im lost..something definately missing in modern stuff, but that off topic..Good thread, Im still looking for my old widow I lost..

Are you sure it’s not because your tolerance has increased after x amount of years puffing?

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Tolerance is sky high sure, but I smoke oil spliffs all day long..but smoke a pinner of the right bud and its lights out..Cuts through the oil spliff that has exponentially more THC in it...Hmm something is missing..The old school white widow is narcotic and delirium inducing, in a good way!

FletchF.Fletch

420giveaway
Classics

Classics

Seed Stockers Super Skunk is like a trip back to the 90s. Totally classic taste and buzz. Plants are easy to grow and their seeds are not expensive. They also offer White Widow seeds which I haven't grown, but would expect to be a spot on representation of the variety.

Fitzera

See bkueskiesvienna packs being grown all over and some skunks popping out the variety is insane and its definitely skunk leaf serrations terps being described are off the charts some say ammonia some say vomit it's crazy and they look unreal like the ones from years ago his packs originate from oldtimer1, check him out. :wave:

Been seeing alot of work from blueskiesvienna packs on the big Web, and I have to say being a skunk searcher I've been through most the breeders and pictures but I ain't ever seen plants like this come out these things look like something you'd see in the Woodstock era big tall plants, serrated leafs and the variety of terps is unbelievable, I'm been all over most places looking for the one and I don't beleive it's anywhere else other than those packs which I want badly check him out blueskiesvienna, Instagram.

I see blueskiesvienna packs being grown all over pulling out some serious stuff, skunk and haze's originating from OT1 but the stuff is lethal shows all the signs of skunk serrated leafs and the turps being mentioned are mental some variety too. Check him out it ain't just one dude it's hundreds.

Fuck off

Greatdalas

Been seeing alot of work from blueskiesvienna packs on the big Web, and I have to say being a skunk searcher I've been through most the breeders and pictures but I ain't ever seen plants like this come out these things look like something you'd see in the Woodstock era big tall plants, serrated leafs and the variety of terps is unbelievable, I'm been all over most places looking for the one and I don't beleive it's anywhere else other than those packs which I want badly check him out blueskiesvienna, Instagram.

Blueskiesviennaseeds is one of the best hermaphrodites i never grow, is a scammer
I have blueskiesvienna seeds and are very bads, much hermaphrodites and nothing skunk only one scammer

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There is no more real skunk like it use to be. These new skunks are weak sauce. All of us old guys have been looking through genetics for decades. The skunk we loved is gone for now. Once there are no more OG's left that know what Skunk was like its gone forever. We wont be here to teach you kids anything found today is like the skunk we loved. If you never experienced real skunk how can you even know..

Proofs in the pudding

Proofs in the pudding

Blueskiesviennaseeds is one of the best hermaphrodites i never grow, is a scammer
I have blueskiesvienna seeds and are very bads, much hermaphrodites and nothing skunk only one scammer

I hear ya, and I also hear the others saying he's a fraud(aye so what) , I could provide multiple images from growers of his seeds, aren't all classics prone to hermie and tough to grow, I mean that's where skunk went right off the market over clueless fucks getting jealous when really if they opened their eyes they'd see, that boys got something, and I haven't seen any mention of his stuff going hermaphrodite, I'm pretty sure if he had loads of hermie seeds lots more would be saying it. Hermie can happen naturally with no stress at all look at gorilla glue it's ok but nothing like what my UK cousins gave me years ago that's where I first seen serrated leaves 2006 or so stuff stank me whole house out no joke and had a weird taste to it was told its skunk, the best if the best. Keep trying they can't all be hermie I guarantee you might pull a winner.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-01-12-04-33-55.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-01-12-04-33-55.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 28

Seed Stockers Super Skunk is like a trip back to the 90s. Totally classic taste and buzz. Plants are easy to grow and their seeds are not expensive. They also offer White Widow seeds which I haven't grown, but would expect to be a spot on representation of the variety.

Lol another blueskiesvienna believer.
:thank you: hope this will be as funny as the last.

No fun intended, but classic genetics are not easy to grow, I've got old folks as friends who have a few treats kept hazes and stuff and they hermie not badly but a few seeds here and there, I'm not even gonna get into an argument on here because simple reason as I've seen all the shit the chap gets about fraud, not here for a debate here to state what I saw from at least 50 accounts on line I doubt bsv is making 50 accounts growing in 50 different locations, I'm gonna assume you're from USA and probably high up on your chair, personally at 25 euros a gram here in this shithole I'd take a hermie all day free seeds at the end of it and smokeable bud, that's the problem with cannabis since it went legal in places every **** wants a slice of the pie and if ya ask me its ridiculous yall have to much weed I'd love to to take it all away and I can guarantee you you'd change your opinions, if I find a hermie ill be back to apologise. Nooot :thank you:

I know

I know

There is no more real skunk like it use to be. These new skunks are weak sauce. All of us old guys have been looking through genetics for decades. The skunk we loved is gone for now. Once there are no more OG's left that know what Skunk was like its gone forever. We wont be here to teach you kids anything found today is like the skunk we loved. If you never experienced real skunk how can you even know..

Well any skunk I've had or smoked in my time came from family in the UK, they used to come over now and then and show me all the pictures of these 6ft tall monsters with saw leafs and then they'd sneakily take me off for a drive knowing I smoked, this was 2006-7 maybe and I won't lie tya it was like i was smoking burnt rubber I said what's that smell he goes that's skunk mayte, never heard of it till then, and it didn't come from the states. Also the weed looked like shit not like your average buds today had a greasy feel and literally reeked, me cousin had half a gram with him and I could smell it the whole way out the road and back in after smoking it, and could still taste hints a good 20 minutes after the spliff and paranoid as fuck being young, so I dunno man send me skunk if you find it haha, for now I'll stick to blueskiesvienna regardless of what anyone says its 2021 we will never win if we keep bitching over it my main reason for this is, I saw folks looking for skunk I saw bsv pics which looked like the exact same stuff I had seen in family pictures. So I said I'd tell ye all but knew what I'm getting into. Ends here can't teach old dogs new tricks. And I for one will not argue with elders, we can be respectable in our ways. :thank you:

Cvh

Supermod
Blueskiesvienna is a proven scammer.
He got exposed more then once.
There is even an entire thread dedicated to his scammer.

And also once in a while he or some of his troll minions join our board and start spamming how great he is.

Lol

Fair enough

Fair enough

Blueskiesvienna is a proven scammer.
He got exposed more then once.
There is even an entire thread dedicated to his scammer.

And also once in a while he or some of his troll minions join our board and start spamming how great he is.

Lol

I'll investigate further and say no more because its the usual 50 against 1, but genuinely what its all about to me is who's got the good shit because I don't and anything I see from that chap looks pretty good and close the plants I've seen growing up those are what I want, besides the point he is reviving alot of stuff ya can't shun him for that, most the weeds these days are 15 minute hitters I'm smoking 15 odd years and I haven't had anything satisfactory besides strawberry haze in the past few years I'm so used to smoking, I miss old weed.