What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Talking about Growing, Smoking, and Collecting.

Legalcdn

That is a shit situatoon. Silver lining is they were ready to chop. Looks like a good haul.
Would mold happen that fast?

great location to trim.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
JOB Rolling papers framed print
IMG_20210424_095523189.jpg

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
That is a shit situatoon. Silver lining is they were ready to chop. Looks like a good haul.
Would mold happen that fast?

great location to trim.

I've seen it happen that faster and worse outside, but never inside. Last year I lost an entire auto to budrot. One night it's fine, the next morning nothin but the tips of pistils in a sea of fuzzy mold.
But I've never seen the humidity get higher than the temperature either.
I've been checking pretty close everyday. It's always possible I missed a speck, but not all that

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
I saw the smoke coming out of the bucket again.
turns out, I'm supposed to add the silica first, like I have been doing, but then wait 30 minutes before adding the epsom salts.
I guess the chemical reaction was the silica precipitating out of the solution.
At least with SIlution, the water doesn't look cloudy.
From all I've been reading you can't really get over 125-150 ppm of silica in any solution without reactions happening.
I may order some DE for a topdress like you suggested.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
Set up 4 of my AC Infinity axial fans with the snap on dust filter.
impossible to find oscillating fans, and the 4" metal fans from Walmart and Lowe's only last a year or so.
I've been hounding AC Infinity to start making oscillating fans, but untill then I'll just zip tie these axials on the poles.

Legalcdn

That is creazy with the reactions you had..

I love the DE. I am in coco and now add it to the top 4 inch along with top dress. I then put grow rocks on top.

i have a massive greenhouse supply near me so i can get cheap salts..

I am trying to figure out some crosses for august..

i have:
Green mountain..purp sat, zacateca tribute, mountain gold

GT, MAL(fem), MAL X PAN, congo (fem), bangi haze, and my 1st cross of bangi haze x malawi..

choices.. might try crossing green mountain seeds and bring in GT.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
I can already tell that Haze has influenced the offspring. I've never seen PurpAl get more than 5 finger leaves. I think I saw some of her offspring have a 7 finger leaf, but never 9.
Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210503_155153926.jpg Views:	0 Size:	148.8 KB ID:	17848684

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
I have 5 of those OHaze x PurpAl Bx1, and 4 Wilkos Wack seedlings. I won't have an open space to flower for over a month. I topped the Wilkos Wacks and stuck them in the cloner in the 12/12 closet to determine sex. I need to do the same with the 5 others.

New State law kicks in on July 1st and I'm allowed to home cultivate 4 plants. But only keep an ounce. Lol. Lawmaker was quoted as saying that won't be an issue because these are new inexperienced growers and they probably won't get over an ounce anyways. Lol
All 4 plants must be labeled for personal use, and tagged with a copy of your driver's license or ID. Steps must be taken to keep the plants inaccessible by minors, though they didn't specifically say what steps. I bought some signs that say "no admission under 21" to put on the fence.
I had planned to put out the OHaze in the front yard. I knew it wouldn't finish here, but it would be a giant tree. Law says the plants can't be visible from a "public way" so I'm the backyard they will have to go.
Budrot and leafspot Septoria is big problem here, so not sure what to put outside. I may pop some jack Herer autos that I was gifted.
​​​​​

Legalcdn

I thought the Canadian rules were messed up but we have a new champion. 1 oz ?

tagged? This is next level crazy.

The sad part is the laws are slanted towards police to find a person breaking a law they can arbitrarily invoke.

i guess its better than criminal. What are seedlings and clones considered?

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
Originally the bill said 4 plants total, 2 of which could be "mature". Instead of clarifying what that meant they amended the bill to just "4 plants" before passing to law.
so seedlings and clones would be considered plants. Though with a good lawyer I bet clones would have to be rooted to be a plant.

The President of Va chapter of NORML says the law was originally wrote to mean an ounce of retail cannabis, but they dropped that wording when retail won't start till 2024. She says the intention of the law was to keep people from carrying over an ounce in public, and that over an ounce in the privacy of your own home is fine. But that's not how the law
Is written regardless of intent. Police aren't going to care about the intent of some lawmaker, especially when they are already pissed about legalization. I saw that the sheriff of King George county and Culpeper county are bitching.
They have to fight real crime now, and don't like it.

Legalcdn

Life is stranger than fiction. You could not write a book that compares to this.

unless its fear and loathing in las vegas.

thailer

in washington the law says a clone is when the cutting grows roots that are 2 cm long so when your cuttings grow roots, that is when they start getting counted. the law will get more defined. also not sure how it is written up in your state but i suspect it would be similar, in the RCW (washington laws) it has a breif explanation of the law but you can click on the number or links to find out more details. our will show a copy of a legal paper that is very long and much more detailed. i would assume your state would have more info if you searched for the bill itself i think or under the law codes.

i would put up a fence to block it from view even in the back yard and put a visible lock on it because most other states, that is in the law for outdoor when it reads in the plain text "out of public view"

they will probably list larger amounts for concentrates and edible butter, oil, etc so you can take the mids and small for that and keep top nugs for smoking to stay legal. it is really hard to stay with the rules even if they are somewhat reasonable. its just that there is so many rules to keep track of along with the work of harvesting, i find myself tired of it after a while. i get backed up and then process a bunch of salve.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
I downloaded the law on pdf file. It's many pages. Most of it, of course isn't about homegrow. I went over some of it, but most wasn't what I was looking for. I'll look again when I get the chance.
They will get it all straightened out, this all new to them.
I'm not really worried about growing outside, my indoor is always way better, I just was hoping we were at the point where I could have a weed plant next to my peppers and tomatoes, but we aren't there yet.
But really, a giant tree in my front yard would bring unwanted attention to what's in the house. I don't want any unannounced LEO visits. Especially in my small, hick ass, town, where I personally know the sheriff.

​​​​I'm pretty sure that all of us are going to continue what we do, regardless of the law.
​​​​​They can't expect me to just go 100% legal over night.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
Yes thailer, though you are right about the back yard. It still needs to be behind a fence or blocked from view of the road. Binoculars or other aids don't count, has to be bare eye.
they will fix the wording to include exactly which steps must be taken to keep minors from accessing my plants.
For now, a fence, signs, cameras, and an AR-15 will have to work. Lol. Jk

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
Before the decrim bill, any concentrate (including kief, hash, oil) was a felony.
Then they changed it so it was the same as flower. So over 28g was a felony.
Now on july 1st over 28g will be $25 ticket if I remember correctly

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210507_103604261.jpg Views:	0 Size:	177.3 KB ID:	17852752 Swag from Optic Foliar!
I love their Transport product, it's expensive, but I buy it.
Their watts and revs products kept my plants happy and green but, too expensive.
I'm too old for flat brims, but love the hat anyways. Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210507_103604261.jpg Views:	0 Size:	177.3 KB ID:	17852752

Last edited:

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
Gonna get my STS reversals on!

I just need to rig up a dust/pollen filter so pollen doesn't escape in the room and into the other tents.

IMG_20210509_115829800.jpg