What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

KC Brains Mango - 2020

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I've read the other thread about KCB Mango, not very inviting look there. But I'm a hard head and had to try it. I once bought seeds because I liked the picture they provided.

I started 2 from Real Gorilla Seeds on 12/26/19, here they are now 1/21/20 26 days later.

I had to go charge the battery on my phone.. be right back with the pics... when I remember to come back and I will.
Til then, I'll say that KCB Mango seeds (I popped 2) were sprouts in 6 days tap water / ppk route. They look VERY indica and easily in the top 3 good looking little girls I've ever produced.

Camera ready, here are the pics.. So far I'm impressed.

Attachments

• IMG_0388.jpg
    IMG_0388.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0390.jpg
    IMG_0390.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0389.jpg
    IMG_0389.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0393.jpg
    IMG_0393.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0391.jpg
    IMG_0391.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 70

PANIKZ

Vendor
Veteran
Sorry snooks just seen your message didn’t even notice the thread , looking good mate I’ll be watching be lucky ..

Raho

Veteran
Sorry snooks just seen your message didn’t even notice the thread , looking good mate I’ll be watching be lucky ..
Hi Panikz,
Are these seeds new production or old stock?
I have a bit of old KC gear. Hoping I can get to it soon.

PANIKZ

Vendor
Veteran
I think KC seeds are probably the most affordable seeds Iv come across to be fair , dirt cheap and the guys been around for years ..

TheDarkStorm

His stuff is actually quite good..iv seen some really good plants come out of many of his seeds..some of the lines grow very big very fast an do very well outdoors too

I grew a few KC mango in an outdoor guerilla grow about 15 years ago. Soil not great. A drought in late summer. Plants still grew to about 6' tall. Decent yeild and smoke.

Brother Nature

Cool thread Snook, I've heard great things about KC Brains, not seen too much of their gear in action though. Hope this goes well for you!

The KC42 looks really interesting to me too, I'd love to know what NZ strain they used in it.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
So far I'm impressed with their growth and vigor. Unfortunately they wont go into blooming until later this year. For now they stay in veg until about April/May. By then, they will have been ageing so that when they do go into bloom they will have passed thru initial maturity of six months before bloom is initiated. I have seen/read many talk about better growth/production and better terps after cloning, this may be due to seed plants not going thru complete veg timing and put into bloom before full maturity. Cannabis is a strange plant, unlike others.:tiphat:Thanks for the comments and I'll be back with the results as they unfold.

S

sallyforthDeleted member 75382

Excellent really looking forward to this. KC Brains, nice one.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
KC Brains at 47 days from seed. Yellowing on bottom leaves is from poor attention to ppk/ph levels in early growth but chugging along for now. Cloning in as month or so. Veg under CMH Mayish.

EDIT: Yes, I suck at photography.

EDIT:EDIT> wrong pics same as opening thread pics.. I'll get back with todays pics tomorrow.. sorry.

Attachments

• IMG_0390.jpg
    IMG_0390.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0389.jpg
    IMG_0389.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0388.jpg
    IMG_0388.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0391.jpg
    IMG_0391.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0393.jpg
    IMG_0393.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0392.jpg
    IMG_0392.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 49

q3corn

Nice! I didn't realize these were new stock. That price is unbeatable. Looking forward to seeing more :joint:

PANIKZ

Vendor
Veteran
Nice! I didn't realize these were new stock. That price is unbeatable. Looking forward to seeing more :joint:

for the record

Everything in SeedBoutique is new stock ,.. fresh from the breeders ..

Seedbay there is new and older stuff,...

Real Gorilla is all fresh stock also :tiphat:

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
+Rep for K.C. Brains seeds, discussion from 2018:

DuskrayTroubador Ive read Mango is susceptible to mold because of the large nugs, you plan on running it outdoors? I had some killer mango a few years ago and made a note to get some seeds at some point, ive read really awesome things about KC Brains kc 33 crosses. You have a thread or doing updates in the Guerilla Underground Thread?

silverback said:
KC-33 which has an agressive vigorous root sytem that can send a tap root to 4' and if it does blow over, roots just develop on the side of the root ball and the plant takes off again.

^This is from the Cannabis Root Systems Thread.

I only grow outdoors, and I would be SHOCKED to hear of ANY of KC Brains' strains being susceptible to mold. That crazy old bastard has been in the game a LONG time, breeds his strains for outdoor performance in the very wet Dutch outdoors, and works mostly with Brazilian/Thai/Afghani genetics. He was very adamantly against making feminized seeds until a handful of years ago -- real old school guy who believes in putting out great genetics at prices everyone can afford. Can't recommend his stuff enough.

I've grown his Spontanica as well as his KC33 in the past and boy-oh-fucking-boy. Biggest plants I've ever had, very nice smoke. Resistant to everything. The pinnacle of outdoor vigor.

KC33 would be a great strain for you. I like to have shorter flowering strains: Spontanica is the latest strain I'm running and its done by mid October, an extra few days for good measure at the latest. KC33, depending on the phenotype, can go on until November.

The last time I grew it it was a tall motherfucker. High as giraffe pussy. I had it in a place where it didn't get all day sun, and that may have been for the better. KC33 reaches for the sun and stretches like nothing else you've ever seen (though I've heard that Leda Uno is the same way; I have a few Leda Uno seeds but I don't think this will be the year), especially if you don't do anything to control its height.

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Nice :)

Blast from the past.
One of the first varieties I ever grew was Leda Uno from KC Brains more than 20 years ago. Wasn’t terrible if memory serves.