What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

the SUBLIMATOR thread

lazylathe

This is what my Sub looks like now!

naO6c6J.jpg

Chrondiddle O

Veteran
They're not cheap,the base unit (element/controller) is £390..
If you want it with the frankly cheap looking tube/metal pipe bit it's around £500.
I want to buy the base unit as I already have several glass bongs I can attach it to but unfortunately vapefiend is out of stock currently but I'm on the mailing list for when stock comes in.

G

In retrospect I wish I had gone for one of their kits. A long while back I ordered the apollo/plastic tube set up. While they have expanded their glass selection I feel your own tube is the better choice. The kits are less expensive and odds are you have glass lying about. Getting a 90degree downstem vs the 45degree is strongly suggested.

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
apparently they have a updated unit that just came out that looks greatly improved from the previous units. dude was saying they took into consideration all of the user feedback they got and tweaked it accordingly. it looks great but i am always skeptical of vape units. despite being great they always seem to be lacking some part of the high.

C

CannaBuilding

The man had an interesting claim. I will grant you his interpersonal skills needed some work.
His claim was not that the product was no good, but rather that he had been shafted and the developer did not go as high quality as he might have wished for.
He also included a piece of interesting documentation.

Who decided his claim was less than honest and how did you know ?

I was left with the impression he was or had been close to the person who came up with the original concept.

I find the device appealing and wish I had one sitting here.

He is full of it, cause the unit i have is still running after 4-5 years of use, nearly every day (had a years break, but was still using it to vaporize damiana).

The unit is built very solid, but the temp box is a piece of shit, he was not specific and was trolling the unit, if he mentioned the temp box had crapped out different story, but he was insulting everyone for forking out money on something that can be made in the garage (as he claimed, just make a hot stem).

Purchased the unit from canada not long after they were launched, I have the first gen unit, here are some pics of the mod and the unit. Notice how old she looks hhehe.

picture.php
picture.php

Peace all and happy growing.

C

CannaBuilding

Also forgot to mentioned the wand/top part can be torn apart of easy cleaning (after a crazy dab session).

Will take some pics of it torn apart as it need cleaning (its been about 2 months since i cleaned it last lol).

peace

lazylathe

Purchased the unit from canada not long after they were launched, I have the first gen unit, here are some pics of the mod and the unit. Notice how old she looks hhehe.

View Image View Image

Peace all and happy growing.

I tried one of those dimmers but the range was severely less than the original dial wheel. So i went Digital for about CAD $135.
Wish they would have done that with their new units...

C

CannaBuilding

I tried one of those dimmers but the range was severely less than the original dial wheel. So i went Digital for about CAD $135.
Wish they would have done that with their new units...

Do you remember what wattage the dial dimmer was made for? if it was 100 watts then thats the reason why, The Wand part is 120watts 120v. The dial in the above picture is a 150watt version, it works perfectly, dont even have to turn it all the way, about 2/3rd (have marked the sweet spot, can see it in the pic).

But with what you've done (looks really pro man) love it, and with the temp probe for consistant results (every medical patients dream).

Funny thing with this unit, results can change with ambient temps e.g during summer i can get the same result with lower temps on the dial as opposed to winter, hence why a probe like (lazy lathe has) or a IR temp sensor would be perfect until you get used to the unit.

peace and happy growing.

lazylathe

Do you remember what wattage the dial dimmer was made for? if it was 100 watts then thats the reason why, The Wand part is 120watts 120v. The dial in the above picture is a 150watt version, it works perfectly, dont even have to turn it all the way, about 2/3rd (have marked the sweet spot, can see it in the pic).

But with what you've done (looks really pro man) love it, and with the temp probe for consistant results (every medical patients dream).

Funny thing with this unit, results can change with ambient temps e.g during summer i can get the same result with lower temps on the dial as opposed to winter, hence why a probe like (lazy lathe has) or a IR temp sensor would be perfect until you get used to the unit.

peace and happy growing.

I think the one i tried was only 80 watts... Thought i read it was a 45 watt heater but that is most likely the new models as they are a different heater.

Apparently in the beginning it was thought of as dangerous to have a 120V heater close to ones face, so it was changed in later revisions.

We still have the solid SUPER heaters on our Subs!

Still figuring out what to change on the controller to get it to function 100%.
At the moment i set it at 550F and the head temp is around 470F.
I would like to try and get the numbers to match more closely but for me that is a slow process as i do not understand the controllers settings and thus do not make large changes.
E mailed company for help but no reply...
Asking around on a few forums and hoping for some help!

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
The early generations temp box burns out. I had that happen to mine and haven't used it since. The thing is fucking dangerous yo. It does work well but I'm ok with just a torch and nail.

C

CannaBuilding

I think the one i tried was only 80 watts... Thought i read it was a 45 watt heater but that is most likely the new models as they are a different heater.

Apparently in the beginning it was thought of as dangerous to have a 120V heater close to ones face, so it was changed in later revisions.

We still have the solid SUPER heaters on our Subs!

Still figuring out what to change on the controller to get it to function 100%.
At the moment i set it at 550F and the head temp is around 470F.
I would like to try and get the numbers to match more closely but for me that is a slow process as i do not understand the controllers settings and thus do not make large changes.
E mailed company for help but no reply...
Asking around on a few forums and hoping for some help!

I think that would be really hard to replicate due to different ambient air temp, and dont know how that temp box works as well, does the temp probe pictured above input temps data into that voltage control box in the above pic, that temp data is then used to modulate your given temps? Does that box unit work on a temp controlled solenoid system? If thats the case, adjusting those settings should either get you closer to the displayed temp or further.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Happy with my 2.0 since 2014. With the build in timer i always turn it off and on after hitting for longer sessions. Got mine from canadian planetvape way cheaper than when bought in europe. But these days hard to get.
Never regretted buying one.

Reactions: Gry
G

Still use mine daily!
They are still in business but seems like they slowed their roll in the last few years.
Gonna vape some DMT though it in a little while.

Hate hate hate the built in timer!

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Me too. The new ones have a 1/2/3 h timer seems a little better than just 1h. I got a little neurotic turning off/on the sub but because of that most of the time i manage to keep it running all day:biggrin:

Aspenou812

Veteran
Can these still be purchased anywhere? I had the skunk mag version forever it seams like... it was stolen and I need a replacement

• Sad

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Anyone thinking about a diy whole glass sublimator? The pinky ball vape looks promising but is imo only half a sublimator. I think the real magic happens below the screen when the vape goes though the heated expansion(below atomizer in pic). In some videos its mentioned that this makes that thick vapor clouds.
sublimator-vaporizer-how-it-works.jpg

Imo a second coil that heats up the lower part of a glass bowl should do the trick.

• Wow

Latest posts

Latest posts