What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

are aluminum grinders a health hazard?

or cripes sake ALUMINUM DOES NOT CAUSE ALZHEIMER

I should have been more clear about my comment... Aluminum is constantly ingested, to much causes some concern. However, I was referring to the fact that the aluminum can be vaporized when smoked and it indeed can cause a number of health issues including but not limited to Alzeimers disease. It is also clear that not enough aluminum will make it into your herb through the use of aluminum grinders. Its the coating you need to be concerned and aware of. Its much worse than aluminum.

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Actually an old school nut grinder. Wife has been collecting and giving them away to stoner friends for years :)

shithawk420

Veteran
Yeah,I was referring to the diamond grind brand.don't know about 420 diamond.don't know if there the same or not.sorry

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
That is a wonderful grinder Babbabud! Thanks for sharing that with us... I love antiques... and old cannabis memorabilia is really rare and hard to find in most places. :)

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

haakoid

Babbabud, that just might be a solution to my potential problem, as it is all food grade materials...I just ordered one through amazon...thanks.

Cannabliss88

I don't take a chance on those things. Threw mine out after reading this years ago and I don't mind the extra couple minutes in takes to break it down with my fingers. Its actually become an enjoyable part of the ritual to break it up with my fingers and it makes your fingers smell good too

shithawk420

Veteran
Yeah if you get the cheap ones with different colors.buy a decent grinder not sold at the gas station and you won't have that problem.

devilgoob

Veteran
Aluminum is in all different grades. I've ground aluminum, and also sanded a heatsink down.

It really matters how they formed it, what grade. It could be better than steel at holding up, or it could be soft, like aluminum is.

People say they don't, but I had one and could hear it doing that, look in, and metal shavings. Tried to be careful too. I like the wood ones with spokes.

haakoid

I finally got the 420 diamond grinder that is manufactured out of Medical Grade PC and I got to say it is the best grinder I have used till now. Hands down.

Latest posts

Latest posts