What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Elbow Room; Round Infinity (Rare Dankness; Sin City; CBD strains; CMH lights)

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks LT, MN69, & A_S

dry trimmed some gg4 today, outstanding frost and that green coffee/burnt rubber/ chem fuel smell is the shit
colorado is so damn dry I feel like an amateur every harvest, walking that line between jarring too early and letting dry too much and jarring too late.... plus my stash of jars is super low and I have been burping 5 gallon buckets full of turkey bags instead of glass jars.

Really excited about next round, BIG plants in big containers, in the kiddie pool there is a glue that is nearly 4 ft tall. :D :joint:

Goin in to the garden now to stake plants up to spread them out and for stability, then spray them down with some aloe, mint, tyme, cilantro, corriander seeds, and tomato leaves, and a lil of dr. bronners.
that's the crunchy all organic spray,
a few days after that will be the hillbilly nuclear version and i'll use 91% iso and dishoap

feeling really encouraged about this upcoming round, really looking good at the moment and can't seem to stop doing lil improvements here and there in preparation of flipping the next round.

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
Dry trimming is the shit , glad you feeling good bout the next round nothing like that fresh start I'll definate be lurking!

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks for checking in tleaf jr.
also sprayed axiom harpin proteins, forgot to mention that.
:dance013:
:joint:

Last edited:

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Your GG is already 4' tall - good thing you got the ceiling height. I haven't had too many ladies that beat her in stretch.

What do you think of that axiom stuff? I got a sample at an expo a couple years ago and it just sits with the other junk that was given out.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i spray the axiom once before every round goes into flowering, got a ton of it at an expo thing a year ago or so... good shit imo, no complaints that's for sure. wouldn't go out and spend money on it necessarily, but it have it laying around so why not use it; no down side, usually spray relatively soon afterwards to kinda rinse it off.

Ya i'm hoping these "swerves cookies" stretch more and catch up in height with the glues, i have 10" ceilings, so ain't hurtin for head room, and all the plants in veg are on "tables" made of 4x8 plywood with cinderblock (or 5 gallon bucket) "legs", keep them off that COLD concrete and give any runoff somewhere to go.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
staked and sprayed (floralicious, and 3d nutrients "pre-fruit", dishsoap, calmag, silica protekt) again today...

so the layout for this round is 6 lights total in flowering, 2 lites over each of 3 plywood sheet tables (4x8).
using a kiddie pool (pretty sure it's 100gal) full of soil centered between 4 of the lites and over 2 tables; 4 glue and 4 (or 5 maybe) swerves cookies in the pool. also a 45 gal tote with 2 glue in it, a 35 gal tote with 2 pura vida in it, a 10 gal smart pot with one of my flo crosses (from seed) in it, and a 12 gal tote with one glue in it. The rest of the plants in the room are in 3 to 8 gallon pots of soil.
big containers, big plants.

so far been happy with the re-amending i did to this soil,in addition to blood and bone meal and EWC/Compost and added some "home-made" soil, lots of woodash and decomposed horse shit, some sand and rock dust collected locally, some alfaalfa hay dust and a few buckets of pond mud from a small pond that empties in the winter time near me as well as some extra hydroton I had laying around instead of buying perlite or rice hulls.
I did this simply out to be thrifty, needed more soil than i had on hand and am not able to afford buying soil components and amendments; but also not willing to let that stop me. :D

Last edited:

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ty, y'all.

flipped the "other side", into flowering today. it's about to get crazy in there.

dry trimmin today, finished with the gorilla glue, easily the frostiest plant in the room;
smells varying from chem fuel, to green coffee and earthy kush.

picture.php

gg4^

picture.php

gg4^

also dry trimmed the Rare Dankness Ox today; very surprised and delighted that this strain has REALLY sweetened up in it's finish/dry and hopefully will continue to get more DARK berry (black berry or dark grape) and floral flavors while also being deeply earthy funky like a true bubba.
One of my fav all time cuts (I grew it out for many runs several years ago) was a super grapey/darkberry bubba kush, this dry smell of the OX is really nice remnant of that and I'm re-vegging this strain as well which is really nice to know that this suits my taste. Bud are nice and thick and dense, VERY frosty as well.

picture.php

^^RD OX

picture.php

RD OX^

also trimmed a very frosty purple kush x white widow; super dark purple colored pheno, it has an amazing minty/menthol and super sweet with very subtle fruity hints. For being flipped into flowering when only 8 to 10 inches tall (5 or 6 nodes from seed) it did well; could have grown it in a yogurt cup, LOL.

picture.php

^^ Purple kush x White Widow

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Also dry trimmed my favorite pheno of "Miles Bubba Kush", made using a female of that favorite grapey bubba kush from my warehouse days and a White Widow male from early 90's greenhouse seeds.

picture.php

^^ Miles Bubba Kush, after dry trim.

picture.php

^^ MBK (keeper kushy pheno) just a few days before harvest

smoked some quick dried bottom nugs from this plant, the most kushy earthy Bubba leaning plant of the mix... the rest of the phenos were cheezey bitter/acrid white widow smelling, and not as dense of nugs, more soft spongey.
A pal of mine vising said the MBK smells similar to the Glue, and it does have a similar chemy super earthy smell; in addition tho that, the glue has a rubbery coffee chocolate; whereas, the miles bubba kush has a (non-sour) lemon citrus smell.
we smoked some of the MBK from this plant and were very stoned and delighted by flavor of the smoke.

picture.php

^^^grabbed this pic of the Cali Connect "cookies" ("swerve's cookies") just before it got the chop

the swerve's cookies just before the chop smell lemony and kushy, got that shortbready sweet earthy smell, only slightly bitter from hints of that citrus lemon. no mint, no chocolate, only a little bit of purple on the nugs, and not as rock hard dense as a real cookies should be in my opinion, but a keeper none-the-less.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks zeet
last nite i setup some green lites (one green CFL and a string of green x-mas lites) for doing small jobs when lites are out, primarily to spray just before lites come on, maybe for grabbing some photos...

also prepped the room for setting up driplines, organized plants and properly spaced them out on the tables. Next up i'm gonna get out all my tea brewing gear and setup a trashcan for brewing teas and organize all the dripline materials i have, see what will work in the new space. Plan on brewing teas and feeding them by hand and drip feeding h20 and perhaps silica/calmag and some other bottled shit i have laying around.

now working on the new veg, 1k w hps and some fluorescent tube lites for now.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

^^ Dry trimmed this Canna-Tsu today
smells all sweet orangey citrus and sweet cream, maybe just a hint of afghan or kush smell (a sweet musky earthy smell beneath all the sweet citrus orange cream). Very dense and solid buds and also very resinous.

picture.php

^^^ Buddha's Sister
super sweet candy smell, lemony durbany... still not sure if this strain is a keeper, I get varied yeilds from her each time i run her.

picture.php

^ Purple pheno of "Fukushima" (Chernobyl x Sensi Star).
subtle smells on this one, it's kinda fruity but very perfume/floral also, not really sweet at all but very floral and complex. hints of cedar and maybe lilac? Solid structure to the plant and nugs as well, dense and hard spongey. Pretty sure I re-vegged this plant as well based on it being so frosty and nice and dense bud structure; in hindsight saving the OX and saving this may have been redundant, both turn nice and purple, have complex flavors, dense solid nugs and indica style plant structure; but im always for giving things a second try, and will have to see how these 2 stack up against each other next time.

picture.php

^^ Gorilla Glue #4

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
One week into flowering, nothing but stretch, but wtf is this:
picture.php

see it in the circle and also on the bottom left of the pic, DARK brown/black spots on leaves
rust? looks kinda like calcium deficiency but spots are darker not that tan brownish yellow of calcium def, but BLACK or dark dark brown, and they penetrate the leaf also:

picture.php

^^ back of leaf
picture.php

^Front of same leaf

Not all plants in the room are showing this on them, particularly plants in smaller containers seem afflicted, mostly pura vida and buddah's sister. NONE of the plants in the kiddie pool have it on them at all.
I have been spraying regularly and am suspecting that may be the culprit in some way, but i am using everything in low(ish) doses... plants seem happy overall, are stretching like they should right now, just haven't seen this dark spot ever.

Here is a pic of that kiddie pool turned organic soil bed:
oqlo1s.jpg

the glues in the center to the kiddie pool are the healthiest looking plants and probably the largest in the room:
4u9mig.jpg

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

swerve's cookies in the front, glues in the back.... all in the kiddie pool

smoking some of this barely cured canna-tsu, it's all orange cream-scicle, orange sherbert pop, so tasty the entire joint. vry relaxing and has a definite buzz, not the MOST potent in the room but definitely some of the most tasty.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not all plants in the room are showing this on them, particularly plants in smaller containers seem afflicted, mostly pura vida and buddah's sister. NONE of the plants in the kiddie pool have it on them at all.
I have been spraying regularly and am suspecting that may be the culprit in some way, but i am using everything in low(ish) doses... plants seem happy overall, are stretching like they should right now, just haven't seen this dark spot ever.

From those comments and the patterning, I would also suspect the spray. The smaller pots may have been leaning towards the dry side and pulled in water for hydration. Almost killed a little mum doing similar, or at least that's what the conclusion I pulled.

Nice use of pond muck. Useless factoid: I've read of a few farmers that slowly (decades) move ponds across their properties. They pull an amazing amount of dust from the air and the insect/fish/microbial feeding cycle creates gold. Always made me want to nab some muck.

LostTribe

Premium user
View Image
^^ Dry trimmed this Canna-Tsu today
smells all sweet orangey citrus and sweet cream, maybe just a hint of afghan or kush smell (a sweet musky earthy smell beneath all the sweet citrus orange cream). Very dense and solid buds and also very resinous.

View Image
^^^ Buddha's Sister
super sweet candy smell, lemony durbany... still not sure if this strain is a keeper, I get varied yeilds from her each time i run her.

View Image
^ Purple pheno of "Fukushima" (Chernobyl x Sensi Star).
subtle smells on this one, it's kinda fruity but very perfume/floral also, not really sweet at all but very floral and complex. hints of cedar and maybe lilac? Solid structure to the plant and nugs as well, dense and hard spongey. Pretty sure I re-vegged this plant as well based on it being so frosty and nice and dense bud structure; in hindsight saving the OX and saving this may have been redundant, both turn nice and purple, have complex flavors, dense solid nugs and indica style plant structure; but im always for giving things a second try, and will have to see how these 2 stack up against each other next time.

View Image
^^ Gorilla Glue #4

That is some nice GG man! How is that dieselrellaxPCK coming along it looks superb! Is that from seedstock?

Jhhnn

Veteran
I've had the same leaf issues only worse these last 2 grows- in the old space & new space. This round has pretty much been a disaster, but we'll have stash replenishment anyway.

Calmag & buddha bloom seem to help, but the plants don't take up water as well as they should like the soil stays too wet at the bottom of 5 gal containers. I even lightened the mix w/ extra perlite. I did better in 3 gal pots when enclosure temps were higher.

I had fungus gnats, bad, in the previous round, but I made sure there aren't any this time. I even put in a whole house humidifier when I got rid of the aquariums, still have the same issue. Feh.

Nice work as always. The GG#4 is very pretty.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
jhhnn, have you looked into rust spot? could be...

i'm thinking these plants of mine are showing cal/mag / phos deficiency... trying to give them something(s) that will help, started with epsom salts, next gonna use my own home-made cal-phos from eggshells (cooked/charred in skillet till slightly browned) then dilluted in vinegar (hot & bubbly reaction) and set to "ferment" for 10-20 days. got this recipe from the unconventional gardener website, also making his "bloom fertilizer recipe" again this round, making a fresh batch with slightly different and hopefully better ingredients.
still trying to get the lacto-bacillus serum nailed down, last batch i wasn't sure if i did right, so i fed it to the compost pile, can't really hurt anything out there.