What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best Tent on the Market

Pbud

Been growing a long time. Never in a tent. Just wondering what people think is the best tent on the market to fit a 4x4 tray? Thanks!

E

Eureka Springs Organics

Secret Jardin should come with 3 rolls of extra heavy duty duct tape so that you can make it light tight. If it's the best, then build a room. :)

TheCatsMeow

Secret Jardin should come with 3 rolls of extra heavy duty duct tape so that you can make it light tight. If it's the best, then build a room. :)

Is there a better tent? I don't have a lot of experience with different brands of tents but I myself have owned over 3 different styles from this brand and I think they are pretty decent. First one I bought was 4 years ago and I recently bought a new one and could see improvements. They are by no means light proof but they make growing a lot easier when not able to build a room.

I like secretjardin

Kiloz

Ive used Homebox, Budbox, mammoth and secret jardin.
imo secret jardin has the best tents, be sure to buy the dr/2.5 versions

window

Veteran
Bud box for me, I have used secret jarden and light leaks everywhere and noisy zips too. These are the only two tents I've used but have no complaints about the bud box.:2cents:

Kiloz

put up a budbox 240 yesterday, got really good opening for ventilation but secret jardin has opening on two sides and their mylar is o higher quality. but i just got the new secret jardins... have a ds60 rom years back and its not even close to the newer ones

Ez Rider

Veteran
I've had good luck with my sunhut silver xxl, going on almost 2 years. It has some pinhole light leaks, but they're only noticeable from the outside if my 1k's are on. If I get inside and turn on the regular cfl room lighting outside, I can't see anything. I also had to replace one of the closures...no big deal.

I had a secret jardin 5x5 before that, also a good tent.

That being said, I sure wish I had the space/option for a sealed ROOM.

ceosam

I really like Sun Hut tents. Very high quality and affordable. Metal poles instead of plastic and the material/zippers are higher quality than other tents I've owned.

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
I have used both Secret Jardin and Hydro Hut tents.....myself I prefer the Hydro Hut as my 36" x 36" flood tray fits inside of my 3' x 3' Hydro Hut but not in my 3' x 3' Secret Jardin. Other than that I have no other issues with it.

How much weight are you going to hand from the tent's ceiling? I think Secret Jardin rates theirs at 65 lbs. Gorilla rates theirs over 300 lbs.

onavelzy

Veteran
No one likes the Gorilla tents? very expensive but the OP was asking about what was the best, not necessarily the most practical

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Secret Jardins are great tents. If there are any light leaks they are pin hole size.

-Funk

Shoots

Just seen this tent at the shop the other day. called a gorilla box or something like that.

Its cool they make it in sizes different from other brands. and you can also add height to the top for more head room. the quality is far superior to anything I have ever seen. but for the cost you can probably seal a bedroom off and install a mini split and have a bad ass room.

If I had to go back to tents I would choose this type though. check it out.

shoots'

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Gorilla Tents seem to be the best quality all around, and of course their price reflects that. I don't own one, but I would love to! I just can't justify spending that kind of cash. Not in my scenario, anyway. But based on reviews, and anecdotal reports, they are leaps and bounds above the rest.

Secret Jardin I think is the best quality in the "midrange" of prices. I have one of theirs. The quality is really outstanding for the small one I have, the DR60. But if I ever want a big tent, like a 5x5 or bigger, I would spend the money on a Gorilla.

suited75

I've used a grow hut tent before and didnt like it. Seemed cheap. I have 9 Grow Lab 145L and I like em. I've had some of em for almost three years. The only problem I've encountered were a few broken zippers that i just replace with a zip tie.