What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Who grows the biggest buds

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Super Silver Haze

Super Silver Haze

This was my biggest bud I ever grew.
picture.php

browntrout

Veteran
How was the M99 dans? Taste/smell? looks good. I've seen Green Spirit from DP with buds wider than my fist outdoors.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How was the M99 dans? Taste/smell? looks good. I've seen Green Spirit from DP with buds wider than my fist outdoors.
My favorite of the bunch was my smaller but tighter budded PCK leaning pheno . it had that nice sweet wine flavor & a nice mellowing buzz to it . not extremely potant , but nice :)
alot more frost on her too compared to the monster bud pheno .

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
420giveaway
my biggest so far but still learning, delicious seeds sensi star.:smoweed:

Last edited:
L

Libeccio

my modest contributions... :) i grow in a 80x80x160 cm tent with a 250 W hps.
Sensi seed's shiva skunk (fem). believe me: i have a big head! can never find a hat that fits me... :D

recently i got this from my first af run, critical mass auto from big buddha. impressive if you consider that plant was chopped only after 62 days from seed! ;)

mack 10

Veteran
^^Dam is impressive. nice buds. If she smokes as good as she looks
I think I might re visit auto's.

L

Libeccio

^^Dam is impressive. nice buds. If she smokes as good as she looks
I think I might re visit auto's.

hey mack, thanks. :tiphat: haven't tried that one yet, but i'm smoking other 2 cma i had chopped 2-3 weeks ago... the smoke is nice, citrusy and sweet. the buzz is much more cerebral than muscular/bodily... quite psychoactive and skunky. not so long lasting tho.
the other cma was grown in a smaller pot, 6,5 L, but i got 45/50 grams (not sure as i "stole" some flowers before measuring :)) out of it in only 58 days! that's crazy...

despite this success, i don't think i am going for autos soon if ever. they are super effective but boring for a grower, expecially if you are interested in mother plants and messing aroud with genetics... also potency of new autos is close to reg plants, but still not quite there IMHO (i have tried a bunch of auto strains from other people... a lot of growers here are doing autos expecially OT)... expecially in terms of how long the buzz lasts, aromas, peak...
as big buddha says, perfect if you want big and fast, 'cause she is! :D

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
" I like big buds & I can not lie " lol :biggrin:

But i've got a serious question for you guys ..... not so much a question as it is an observation that i wonder if you guys have noticed too .

the big freakish monster buds .... they seem to lack in flavor frost & potency .... is it just me ? or do you guys notice the same thing ?

like the pics of my laughing tiger & the huge magenta99 's . the buds were bigger than softball bats .... but really lacked & were weak as hell .

Gil Tokerson

Veteran
All of my big buds have always been kind of airy. Like lots of strings of foxtailed calyxes all grouped together. They werer plenty frosty, just light. However sooner of these other guys buds look pretty freaking dense, and heavy, and frosty. I think it's mostly genetic at that point.
??? Or not?
-gil

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
" I like big buds & I can not lie " lol :biggrin:

But i've got a serious question for you guys ..... not so much a question as it is an observation that i wonder if you guys have noticed too .

the big freakish monster buds .... they seem to lack in flavor frost & potency .... is it just me ? or do you guys notice the same thing ?

like the pics of my laughing tiger & the huge magenta99 's . the buds were bigger than softball bats .... but really lacked & were weak as hell .

My Sweet Tooth #3 buds were big, dense, and crystally. The trichomes were larger than normal just like the buds. Potency and taste were maybe 7/10. I wished I had saved some to make hash.

There was a special "happy" quality to the high that's hard to describe. You can't help but smile every time you take a hit. The specific feeling from it is rare, something I haven't found again in my grows. Not every Sweet Tooth #3 female I grew had that aspect of the high, but at least one out of every pack of seeds did. Those buds in the pictures did. They were clones of my keeper from the last pack of seeds.

I tried growing an old 5 pack of Sweet Tooth seeds last year, but only one germinated and it was a male. If I had more space at the time, I would have grown out the male to see if it had that aspect of the high. It could have led to some interesting crosses.

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
All of my big buds have always been kind of airy. Like lots of strings of foxtailed calyxes all grouped together. They werer plenty frosty, just light. However sooner of these other guys buds look pretty freaking dense, and heavy, and frosty. I think it's mostly genetic at that point.
??? Or not?
-gil

Gil , to be honest that sounds like a Nitrogen toxicity to me . its happened a couple times to me where buds that should have a nice tight bud but turned out to be light airy foxtail mess .... & it was when i switched nutes & they got way to much N late in flower .
just my 2 cents worth dude :)

Latest posts

Latest posts