What's new

A mother plant....with a twist....

Budley Doright

Veteran
Sam.....

this morning..... the graft looks a little sad....

not dieing......just a little sad......

Based on what I see.....Ima call it an A-

Im hoping the clothespin clip works cause it was really easy to do....

theHIGHlander

european ganja growers
Veteran
Grafting will do it growing side by side will not, it will most likely just allow one to crowd out the other two.
You can graft 10+ different clones on one plant and that works fine to keep plant numbers down and a library alive.
I have seen a single plant with both males and females grafted to it, worked fine, if you want to try this one tip, use the latest flowering plant as the root stock, and graft the earlier flowering varieties onto it. If you do the reverse the plant may die before the grafted late varieties get to flower... Kind of trippy to see a plant with really different flowers from the grafted branches, different colors, different sexes, sequential flowering, lots of fun....
-SamS

You beat me to it sam :tiphat:
Grafting will work for sure,,if you can do it that is......some peeps have probs taking clones never mind trying to graft plant,,,take more clones than needed and expect a few failed attempts...
Best advice I could offer is, look into wine grafting and see how these guys do it...after they pull the grapes down for the wine there left with what sometimes looks like a dead stump..they graft new vine on and away they go again..this is how wine grafters keep there numbers down and are able to make the favors they've been making for years and years......tricks of the trade .

Best of luck dude, like Sam says a grafted plant can look crazy

Keep it green
Highlander

theHIGHlander

european ganja growers
Veteran
Never seen there was 2 pages...doh...i will be checking backing in to see how your getting on homie...
You couldn't ask for a better teacher than Sam lol knowledge is power and all hahaha... I will step back and let Sam guide ya with the info...I will also take in the info like a sponge...

Keep it green
Highlander

theHIGHlander

european ganja growers
Veteran
You have a good thread going hear Burnt..let start banging heads together hear....how's about this?
Am looking into revegging one of my plants when they come down..so in theory I will trim the roots ,leave some foliage and stick hear into 24light...so far so good right...this is wher my mind goes crazy."how about cutting all foliage off and grafting 2 new cuts onto the stock and then putting it into reveg,would the grafting be faster than what it would be a put a plant with foliage into reveg..would it survive?

Suppose what am trying to say is.if I can get the graft to take faster than a revegge. In theory you could cut down the veg time as the graft would have a bigger stock and roots mass right from the go..eg use the socalled reveg plant but only for the stock and roots...again in theory they should grow faster as of the rootmass..."

Hope that makes some sense "I ain't the best at typring what am thinking lol

Keep it green
Highlander

Budley Doright

Veteran
Grafting.....I dont know much about.....

revegging on the other hand Im really good at......

If you have a branch with a bud on it..... take the bud....but leave a fan leaf behind.....just to feed the plant.... the real growth I want low on the plant.....

those extra leaves can be cut off later.....

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Is root pruning necessary for reveg? Going to search threads later but there's some smart whips in here.

Budley Doright

Veteran
Ive probably done 10 in a row and not lost a single patient.......

Generally I do it when I dont have a clone...... and want to save the genetics.....

Root pruning.... I never do.... but I dont think I would hesitate if it was taking up too much space......

I figure its going thru one stressful thing thats enough.....

If Im keeping it for genetics...... dont starve the plant of nitrogen...... better to have a more healthy plant than the fade this time.....

Also .... harvest your plant a little on the early side.....

theHIGHlander

european ganja growers
Veteran
I've reveged before with no probs, but that was in soil as well as coco..we're I took about 2in of soil off the reveling plant and put into a pot with fresh soil...this will be my first time reveging in dwc setup....am just wondering if grafting 2 cuts would have a faster turn around than a full on revege of my flowering plant...what 4 weeks to recover to full veg then veg for a few weeks =6 weeks all in....... grafted cuts what ...2 weeks?, 2 weeks of veg = 2 weeks faster?

Keep it green
Highlander

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Interesting... was thinking the same about stress, but I wish I had read about cutting it early. I let this one go long to see what it would do.

For the record, dicks and foxtails is what it did.

Budley Doright

Veteran
I dont think cutting it early is that important..... as long as you have plenty of fan leaves for the reveg.....

But then again....its not like I have done 100 reveg....

What I do works.....If it aint broke dont fix it....