What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cheapest additive/nute for microherd

Redrum92

The setup is clearly lacking those helpful nasties in the soil. FFOF soil, FF nutes, salicylic acid (fuck yeah), and protekt. Soon to be using GH floranectar and FF bloom nutes once veg is over. In a 2x2x5 room with 2x 42w CFLs (one plant 6 weeks old, 2x2', 2 very young clones, and one week old seedling

What is the cheapest way to get a thriving microherd? Would prefer additive/nutes as the soil being used is beyond expectations, briefly considered using happy frog because it is good soil with good minicreatures but... No.

Also anything else clearly lacking here?

Redrum92

Bump.. Anybody?

I can't edit my post but on the grocery someone recommended compost tea. Would this work?

MrBelvedere

ICMag Donor
Big bags of pasteurized chicken manure from a nursery. And just add mycorrhizae from Amazon of your nursery doesn't carry it.

Also Google:
Free compost near me

But you don't know what is in the free compost, there could be some bad stuff in there.

Last edited:

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
1oz bottle of great white from Plant Success or 4oz bottle bio-zeus/bio righteous from Earth Juice is plenty to inoculate a small grow & should be under $15 at a hydro shop. Great white has bacteria & mykes, while the EJ products have only bacteria.

EDIT - Homemade worm castings for the win. Even letting some redworms (fishing bait) loose in your pots or spare soil really charges them up. Blackstrap molasses & fish hydrolysate also do wonders to feed an established microherd & are very cheap

In my opinion go with a compost tea it fully inoculate your soil and also feed your plants at the same time... If I may ask why are all the beast dead ? Using a tea will help but if you activly killing all your microlife with synthetics then no matter what you add they will be struggling... You can use the teas to feed your plants also